PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: City Chic à la 1959

Chad
2nd May 2013, 09:13
Many of the most stylish, size-celebratory fashion videos ever made have come from City Chic, the youth-oriented Australian plus-size label. Their latest offering is another visual treat.

It features Australian plus-size models Courtney and, I believe, Kate Hislop, in racy lingerie, lounging in a 1959 Cadillac (probably the most beautiful automobile ever made by an American car maker).

In keeping with the fact that this is "The season of baring plus-size thighs," following upon Justine Legault's Elle Québec cover and Katherine Roll's daring shoot with Christa Meola, the opening scenes show Courtney in fishnets, showing off her luscious thighs.

<object width="690" height="423"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z2ntcyfkDw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0z2ntcyfkDw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="690" height="423" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

A bit more of this, and no plus-size girl will ever again feel ashamed of her full, shapely thighs, but will recognize them as especially gorgeous aspects of a curvy figure.

Clay
31st October 2013, 03:47
As a classic car enthusiast, one of the things that irritate me the most is when a beautiful classic car is shown with some super-thin, size-zero model. To me that is wrong in every way possible. Cars in the 30s to the 50s (and even up to the late 60s in some cases) were massive, with the design dominated by elegant curves, the kind that can only be properly displayed with a full-figured lady that has equally elegant curves herself. Much praise to City Chic for displaying a Classic Cadillac the way it should be done. The first 45 seconds look like they would be a great TV advertisement for the car.