PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

Relena
1st January 2006, 18:45
I've been lurking here for a few months, this is my first post. I just wanted to thank the owners of this website, and everyone on this message board for making me snap out of the illusion that thin is the ideal body type, and helping me to realize how much more attractive fuller figures are, particularly due to current fashions, which look so much prettier on curvy girls- the clothes just hang on thin girls. For years I've suffered from low-self esteem, and hated my body. It was a combination of the posts here and Torrid's clothes (nd seeing how I looked in the clothes) that made me happy and confident. I would especially like to thank Melanie for posting up the link to the Christina Schmidt features on a couple of the Degrassi online groups, which is how I found this site.

MelanieW
4th January 2006, 05:48
I would especially like to thank Melanie for posting up the link to the Christina Schmidt features on a couple of the Degrassi online groups, which is how I found this site.
Hi Relena - youre welcome! Im glad you found your way here from the links I posted. I think it is SO true that clothes look better on a fuller figure, especially when curvy girls dont wear clothes that are baggy (the way the old rules used to say) but really form-fitting and body-conscious. Christina really proved this in her latest Torrid shoot.

There were my favourite pictures from the series, but they were all really gorgeous - Torrids best-ever:

http://www.torrid.com/img/111805_Links-Just-for-You.jpg http://www.torrid.com/img/111805_Interact.jpg

There is still a lot of anti-plus brainwashing out there, even among curvy girls themselves, but the work that Christina and other plussize models are doing, which is posted here all the time, is really helping to change that.

Relena
5th January 2006, 00:20
I think that Torrid is really starting to take down the theory that curves should be hidden rather than highlighted. Pictures like the ones of Christina above are far more attractive than the sulky-looking, reed-thin models that litter magazines like Vogue.