The Judgment of Paris Forum

The Judgment of Paris Forum (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/index.php)
-   2007: January - December (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Model "heavy and happy" (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/showthread.php?t=1169)

MelanieW 7th August 2007 12:07

Model "heavy and happy"

Normally, this news item would not qualify as a post on this forum, because its about a faux-plus model. However, it is such a positive piece that I consider it well worth sharing:

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article...=7&in_a_source=

Here is the relevant portion:

Quote:
Jen 'heavy and happy'
Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It seems Jen couldn't be happier with her now size 14 figure. When she appeared on Five's Make Me A Supermodel last year, Jen Hunter was constantly told she was too heavy to be a catwalk model.

However, the curvy star has ignored her critics and has confessed she is heavier - and happier - than ever.

She told Closer magazine: "I now weigh 11st 7lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been. But I couldn't be happier with my size 14 figure, and I'm getting more modelling jobs than I ever did as a size 10."

The blonde said she has been a size 6 after her daughter was born - but says she was very unhappy.

I love this story because it is an all-too-rare example of a model coming out and saying how much happier she is after gaining weight. At 161 pounds, she is still very thin. But its no surprise that she feels better about herself this way. Allowing herself to eat whatever she likes, and as much as she likes, she is surely enjoying life more, and she undoubtedly looks better too. Its a win-win situation.

Make Me a Supermodel, by the way, is the Brit equivalent of Americas Next Top Model (Charlotte Coyle once made an appearance on the program as a celebrity guest), so this would be like one of the faux-plus contestants on ANTM gaining two dress sizes and saying how much happier they are, and how much better about themselves they feel, at the larger size.

I actually dont mind the terms "heavy" and "heavier" as words for full-figured, although some people arent keen on them. They convey a feeling of fullness, roundness, substance. They feel good.

Kaitlynn 15th October 2007 12:31

Re: Model "heavy and happy"

In fact, this model isn't the only one who feels this way.

According to a new article, based on a U.K. survey,

http://www.medindia.net/news/Plump-...ips-27711-1.htm

it's increasingly the case for society in general that full-figured women are happier than those punishing themselves with diet-starvation.

Here's the text:

Quote:
Plump Women are the Happiest and Most Secure in Relationships

A new study has slammed the notion that f** and large women are not favored for courtships by finding that plump women are the happiest and most secure in relationships.

The poll, conducted by Debenhams, found that three out of five women over a size 14 felt no pressure to stay slim or go on a strict diet.

On the contrary, a quarter of size 14 and under felt sad and paranoid about their weight and relationships.

"It's refreshing to learn that so many curvy ladies are happy, the Mirror quoted a spokeswoman for Debenhams, as saying

Source-ANI

It's hardly surprising. Fuller-figured women look at themselves in the mirror and know that they look better; plus, their significant others find them wildly beautiful.

And instead of wasting their time imprisoned in a gym, they are free to enjoy life to the fullest- eating whatever they like, and doing whatever makes them happy.

HSG 29th December 2007 19:20

Re: Model "heavy and happy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlynn
Fuller-figured women look at themselves in the mirror and know that they look better; plus, their significant others find them wildly beautiful.

And instead of wasting their time imprisoned in a gym, they are free to enjoy life to the fullest- eating whatever they like, and doing whatever makes them happy.

These findings are encouraging.

How regrettable (if predictable), though, that they have received virtually no attention in the press. It certainly serves the diet industry's purposes to perpetuate the myth that being full-figured leads to unhappiness, and that self-deprivation is the snake oil that will solve any problem (problems that have been caused by dieting in the first place).

In fact, food-deprivation only leads to constant misery and general irritability, and exercise-torture robs a woman of precious moments that she could be devoting to enjoyable activities, such as spending time with friends and family, watching a film, reading a book, or just relaxing. And money that she surrenders to gyms or weight-loss regimens could better be spent adorning herself in attractive fashions, or adopting a voluptuous new hairstyle.

The fact that eating well strengthens relationships is self-evident. A more womanly figure will turn a woman into a goddess (to the delight of her gentleman), and her own increased happiness will in turn make her more enjoyable to be with.

The health benefits of being full-figured have been well established, but these results speak of the tremendous improvement in a woman's quality of life when she allows her figure to ease into its naturally generous size.

Marrit, size 14/16 (Ford S.F.):

Exuding the happiness that only comes from not starving . . .