The Judgment of Paris Forum

The Judgment of Paris Forum (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/index.php)
-   2008: January - December (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chloe Agnew - new videos (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/showthread.php?t=1448)

Graham 8th December 2008 14:07

Chloe Agnew - new videos

Chloe Agnew has been on television quite frequently recently, as the PBS stations have been promoting a new DVD by Celtic Woman called The Greatest Journey. It isn't actually a "new" DVD per se, so much as a compilation of excerpts from the group's past DVDs.

It does, however, include a wonderful and lengthy behind-the-scenes documentary featuring many clips of Chloe from her beginnings with Celtic Woman to today. You can get the DVD from Amazon.com, here.

Anyway, besides the PBS appearances, Chloe also appeared with Celtic Woman on the Bonnie Hunt show on Friday, performing "Carol of the Bells." Here's the video. Chloe looks gorgeous in her signature pink:

Chloe also recently performed in Japan. If you fast-forward to 3:18 in this video, you can hear Chloe perform "The Last Rose of Summer" as a duet with another member of Celtic Woman.

She looks stunning in her close up, her facial features lovelier than ever.

Emily 9th December 2008 12:16

Re: Chloe Agnew - new videos

Chloe looks more gorgeous every time I see her. I wish she appeared on TV more often. She is the only "celebrity" who is every bit as beautiful as the most popular plus-size models. With her crystalline voice, I think of her as the reincarnation of soprano Lillian Russell.

Here's a video of Chloe and her group singing "Beyond the Sea" on CBS's The Early Show. It's from St. Patrick's Day 2007, but the video was just uploaded about a week ago.

In this video, the host actually exchanges a few words with Miss Agnew -- which is a deilght, as Chloe's speaking voice is every bit as beautiful as her singing.

Kaitlynn 20th December 2008 22:27

Over the Christmas season, Chloe and the other Celtic Woman members have made various appearances on PBS channels during their annual pledge drives. One of the stations, from Baltimore, has helpfully uploaded the video of their brief Chloe interview to YouTube:

Chloe is so pretty, and I just adore hearing her speak.

Emily 21st December 2008 16:42

The Irish newspaper The Independent ran a story today about Miss Agnew and her family's plans for Christmas -- and also mentioned an exciting new recording project for Chloe.

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle...um-1582390.html

And the text:

Quote:
Adele King and daughters Chloe and Naomi Agnew

Adele: We'll all be home for Christmas, just about.

Chloe: I am over in the States doing promotions for Celtic Woman for our tour next year. And I am recording with an Italian tenor -- I have been asked to guest on his album.

Adele: I love Christmas.

Naomi: Christmas is a big deal in our house.

Adele: Mom is in charge of dinner, mainly, but I have to say they are both very good cooks. So, in fairness, it's a three-way effort. We share the jobs at the table. Cleaning up, maybe not that bit. Mother usually gets landed with that part.

We are very traditional in terms of food. We'll have turkey, ham, Brussels sprouts, roast potatoes and parsnips.

Naomi: She is an amazing cook. She is amazing at cakes and sugar craft. She's pretty talented.

Adele: Cooking for your family is something people take for granted and it turns into a chore. It shouldn't.

We are scaling back this Christmas. We are not buying loads of extraneous stuff just for the sake of it. We said we'd get sense, and only buy things that we like.

Chloe: We keep our stockings until Stephen's Day, so we've something to look forward to.

Adele: As the girls have got older, the stockings have got considerably more expensive. My girls don't do cheap make-up; they only like Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent and the likes.

What we have done for the past few years, which is always a great pleasure, is we have a select few people over on Christmas morning, including my sister-in-law Brenda, who I like, and my three beautiful nieces, one of whom is my godchild. The girls are brilliant, they do gorgeous canapes -- shrimp with dips. I've done some amazing shortbread, covered with Santas and Snowmen, on sticks -- so they are lollipop biscuits.

How exciting! I wonder who that "Italian tenor" might be -- the one with whom Chloe will be recording?

I love this news because it means that Chloe will remain in the classical-music genre. Her voice is so lovely that she really should continue singing the most beautiful music ever composed -- the masterpieces of the classical repertoire.

Also, note the passage in the article about Chloe's favourite brands of make-up. She is a born model -- and I still hope that someday, some forward-thinking company will employ her as a celebrity plus-size model.

And just listen to all of the delicous food that's listed in the article! including "turkey, ham, Brussels sprouts, roast potatoes, parsnips" and for dessert "cakes and sugar craft." It's so wonderful to know that Chloe has a healthy appetite, and indulges herself freely for the holidays. She really is an ideal role model for young girls today.

Chad 29th December 2008 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlynn
Over the Christmas season, Chloe and the other Celtic Woman members have made various appearances on PBS channels during their annual pledge drives. One of the stations, from Baltimore, has helpfully uploaded the video of their brief Chloe interview to YouTube

That same station has now uploaded Part Two of their interview with Chloe (although the video/audio quality is somewhat poor):

I never cease to be amazed at how gorgeous she is. And that voice - oh, I could listen to her all day.