The Judgment of Paris Forum

The Judgment of Paris Forum (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/index.php)
-   2010: January - December (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Timeless Beauty Wins (http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/showthread.php?t=1837)

HSG 16th April 2010 22:40

Timeless Beauty Wins

The organizers of Full-Figured Fashion Week have very kindly nominated this site for an Internet award, for which we are most grateful.

Please take a moment and visit on the following link, click on the button next to "Judgment of Paris," and then press the "Vote" button.

- Click here to vote

It would be nice to see the site make a moderately good showing in the poll, if only for the sake of the models whom we all champion.

If you enjoy the posts that appear on this forum and the images that are included in the site's galleries, as well as the artworks in the site's Pinacotheca, and would like to see more in the future, please cast a vote in favour of timeless beauty.

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Click to vote

Thank you, on behalf of everyone who has contributed their thoughts to this site, and who has benefitted from its content.

Emily 19th April 2010 06:22

Re: Please vote for Timeless Beauty

Definitely worth a vote. Seeing a reasonably good result for the Judgment of Paris would be a boon, especially if it means further attention to the site's favourite models.

By the way, I have to say that those are some of the most stunning pictures that I've seen on the forum over the past several seasons. I know that we've seen them separately before, but bringing them all together yields an incredible collection of true beauty -- and best of all, each is a true plus-size goddess, not a faux-plus model pretending to be plus.

MelanieW 23rd April 2010 08:11

Absolutely voted. It would be good to have the site do well in the poll, as it would show clients and agencies the popularity of the models who are celebrated here, and how much the public wishes to see them in more campaigns. The more votes the better.

Graham 26th April 2010 08:51

I cast my ballot, and got a friend to do likewise. Actually, I think he's now become hooked on the site.

There is still far too little full-figured imagery in the media (and, as recent events have shown, the opposition to it remains steadfast), so I think it's important to support the dissemination of plus-size beauty. Maybe a solid showing in this survey will alert people to the fact that there is a real desire on the part of the public to see Classically curvaceous goddesses. Beauty matters.

M. Lopez 28th April 2010 04:47

Last day for the voting! I hope that everyone who enjoys the site will cast a ballot. Let's have as good a finish as possible...

blackcap 29th April 2010 12:38

The results of the voting have been announced, and The Judgment of Paris has won Plus Blog of the Year.

HSG 29th April 2010 13:08

Re: Timeless Beauty Wins

We are very pleased and honoured to say that the Judgment of Paris has won its category in the FFFWeek Awards, as posted here. The final numbers haven't been listed, but the final update of the tally that we saw indicated 596 votes for the site.

We are deeply, deeply grateful to everyone who cast votes for us, and to everyone who posted voting requests on their Facebook pages and on other forums on our behalf.

Ultimately, this victory is a measure of two things:

1. The generosity and dedication of the site's friends and readers.

2. The popularity of the plus-size models, actresses, and a dazzling singer (ChloŽ Agnew) whose work is tirelessly praised on this site. Really, the Judgment of Paris is simply a frame for their beauty. One hopes that the industry will see this result as a measure of how effectively those talents connect with the public, and will feature these gorgeous and genuinely full-figured goddesses--the modern embodiments of the timeless beauty ideal--in their campaigns.

We also wish to offer a special note of gratitude to the organizers of Full-Figured Fashion Week for nominating the site for this award.

Once again, thank you all, most sincerely, for your time, effort, and support.

-Titian, Venus with a Mirror (c.1555)

HSG 23rd June 2010 16:54

Re: Timeless Beauty Wins

One of the many reasons why Full-Figured Fashion Week has been such a success, and has won such widespread support and enthusiasm, is due to its high production values. FFFWeek has a look of quality about it, a high aesthetic standard that makes everyone associated with it proud to be part of such an event.

This high level of quality even extends to the Full-Figured Fashion Week Awards. The Judgment of Paris was honoured to receive such an award at the FFFWeek grand finale on Saturday night, and here is what the physical object looks like, alongside a computer showing our recent Kelsey Olson interview:
Click to enlarge

Very attractive, isn't it? The FFFWeek Award is a piece of clear crystal that is 6 inches wide, 6Ĺ inches tall, and 2 inches deep. The lettering is engraved on the back, facing through the glass. It is a beautiful tribute to the models whom the site has celebrated throughout its existence.

Click to enlarge

It was a great privilege for us to receive the award from Ms. Gwen DeVoe herself, the creator and organizer of the event. Full-Figured Fashion Week only exists due to her creative efforts and tremendous personal investment of time, energy, and capital. To receive such recognition from an individual who has so profoundly benefitted the cause of size celebration was a singular honour.

Click to enlarge

Notice the attractively cut edges of the marker, and the beveled plinth, the facets of which catch the light in an elegant manner. The FFFWeek committee took special care in designing these awards to make them worthy tributes to the talents and efforts of their recipients.

Click to enlarge

On Friday, the day before the grand finale, fellow award recipient Yuliya Zeltser (of Igigi) warned us that the organizers might expect each winner to say a few words. We quickly jotted down a few remarks and gauged the length of our comments on the duration of the other recipients' speeches. As the other winners expressed two sentences apiece, we did likewise. The bolded portions of the following text represent our actual comments at the event:

I would like to sincerely thank the FFFWeek committee for nominating the Judgment of Paris for this award, and I would also like to express my gratitude to the many dear friends and loyal readers who voted for the site.

In receiving this award, I feel that I am merely acting as a proxy, accepting it on behalf of the individuals who truly deserve all of the credit for the site's viewership; and those are, of course, the lovely plus-size models, past and present, whose images the Judgment of Paris has celebrated for the past 12 years: Kelsey Olson, Shannon Marie, Barbara Brickner, Kailee O'Sullivan, Christina Schmidt, Katherine Roll, Justine Legault, Lindsey (who walked in the show on Wednesday night), Caralyn Mirand, Whitney Thompson, and, of course, the curvaceous lead singer of Celtic Woman, ChloŽ Agnew.

It is their images, their work, their art that has drawn people to the site throughout the years, and to them goes the honour.

They prove that even in this modern world, which is often hostile to traditional aesthetic values, timeless beauty can still manifest itself in human form. Their popularity demonstrates that an appreciation for the Classical aesthetic ideals that historically governed Western culture, giving it form and purpose, still lives on in the human heart. Those ideals can yet be restored to cultural prominence.

The crucial point to remember is that there are no "Judgment of Paris" fans per se. Rather, there are thousands of Kelsey fans, and ChloŽ fans, and Barbara fans, etc. In voting for our site, these aficionados expressed their support for these living icons of timeless beauty.

Here is Miss Thompson holding her own award ("Runway Model of the Year"), which indicates the scale of these lovely objects.

Click to enlarge

Once again, we would like to express our sincerest gratitude to everyone who voted for the site. The goddesses who appear at the Judgment of Paris are the ideal representatives of Classical beauty in the present day, and they deserve every bit of recognition that they can get.

- Full-Figured Fashion Week