View Single Post
Old 29th October 2007   #2
dbround

Default Re: Thin stars "unsexiest women alive"

The sad thing is that every day women are under pressure to look like Madonna, Sandra Oh and their ilk. And guess who is often doing the pressuring: other women. What's the first thing women talk about to each other? Dieting, who's losing weight, and who's gaining weight. And God forbid if you have one more cookie than they do. They think it's somehow virtuous to be starving, and they slander other women for gaining weight.

Dieting, weight-loss, and exercise are the worst cults out there. Women track each other's progress and if you're not playing the "diet" game with them, they think there's something wrong with you. They are on a mission to tell others (and themselves) that the way to fashion salvation is to starve.

Millions of women pay their visits to the shrine of the diet/exercise cult every day, and unfortunately, are peer-pressured into it by other women as well as some men. These women often beat themselves up for "failing" their diets and not fitting into their last pair of jeans.

I am trying my best to wake up from the skinny Matrix but it's a long uphill battle because every which way you have friends, relatives, etc. pressuring you to starve. (Not to mention doctors. Doctors are hysterical regarding BMIs.)

I've been inspired by this forum to see the weight-loss lie for what it is: a way to enslave people to feed the diet industry and keep it growing. But it's a hard fight.
dbround is offline   Reply With Quote