View Single Post
Old 25th February 2008   #3
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: ANTM: Whitney Thompson

We now have a brand-new Whitney video to share, and if anything, this is an even more exciting clip than the show excerpts which were posted earlier.

Not only is Whitney surpassingly gorgeous, but she is the first plus-size contestant to speak the language of size celebration, rather than mere "tolerance" or "acceptance."

Here the is transcript of Whitney's comments from this interview video. She affirms the very beliefs that Judgment of Paris readers have espoused for years. She says:

I stand out as a model from the rest of the girls because I actually have a body. I'm healthy. I eat...and, you know, that's just me. I just am who I am. And I have breasts and I have a butt and I like it that way, and I'm not going to compromise my femininity to look like a hanger.

People can relate to me in the sense that I'm real. I mean, the majority of American women are not string-beans. They have bodies. And even American men, I've never heard one say, "Oh, I like girls that look like little boys."

Women that have bodies are buying these dresses. Why are they shaping them to these women who don't have anything? It doesn't make sense to me. It's completely illogical. And it's been happening for way too long.

I don't think about the competition. The biggest challenge is...waking up every morning and saying, "I'm more beautiful than all of you because I have a body, not "Oh, my God, these girls are so pretty. What am I going to do?"

I'm going to survive this competition because I know that every single woman in America is behind me. That I'm not just here because "I want to look pretty and win $100,000." I'm here because my 13-year-old cousin has no one to look up to. I'm here because 40% of all 9-year-old girls have been on a diet... and it's so sad, because they have no one to look up to. They have no one to mould themselves after.

Could she have possibly made a more inspiring declaration? What a thrill it is to hear her say, "I have a body"; to state that underweight women "don't have anything"; to comfortably enthuse, "I eat"; and, most important of all, to declare that she is "more beautiful" than the waifs because she is full-figured.

Whitney is everything that the public has been hoping for in a plus-size competitor. She is gorgeous and she knows it, and she is proud to say so.

Furthermore, she recognizes the need that all young women have for plus-size role models. She is not just in it for herself, but for a noble cause.

We do wish that Whitnye were fuller-figured, but what a thrilling talent she is, as inspiring in her statements as she is in her appearance, and light-years ahead of any previous contestant.

Let us hope that Whitney lasts on the show for at least a few weeks, and is given more opportunities to champion timeless beauty.

- Click here to watch Whitney's interview

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote