View Single Post
Old 15th April 2008   #2
MelanieW

Default Re: ANTM: Whitney, ep.8

Whitney looks gorgeous in all of the images, but I still marvel at how much better she looks with the long, blonde hair. She was attractive as a brunette, but the makeover transformed her into a world-class beauty. It also gave her a more youthful appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
As Whitney told viewers, "Being put in the plus-size category doesn't bother me at all. I mean, the majority of the time, people are, like, 'I'm so jealous,' because I have curves, and I eat, and there's nothing holding me back."

Whitney also added, "I mean, I'm just working for so much more than just myself. And it's not, like, 'Oh, I just want to win. I just want to pay off my debts.' No, it's like, 'I'm here to change the entire face of the fashion industry.'"
It is because of statements like those that I REALLY admire Whitney. Not only is she attractive, but her message is one of true size-celebration. She isnt letting the pressure of the competition get to her, nor is she giving an inch to the fashion industry and its warped, anorexic standards. She is holding her ground and really championing the cause of full-figured girls. She is the contestant we have all been waiting for.

She reminds me of Christina Schmidt, who also makes such affirmative statements in her interviews, and who similarly matches extraordinary beauty with an uncompromising pro-plus attitude.

These models (who are the same age, BTW) represent todays generation of curvy girls, who are PROUD of their curves, and who PREFER being plussize to being straight-size. Im glad Whitney has such a high-profile platform on ANTM to spread a size-positive message.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote