View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Careers & dieting making women infertile (article)

Infertility is just one of the many destructive consequences of feminism, as a growing number of individuals are acknowledging. Even many former feminists are seeing the error of their ways- and finally admitting it publicly.

This article talks about a British former feminist who now rues the effects of the movement that she helped propagate.

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/he...in_the_home.php

The main points:

Quote:
Feminist pioneer’s rethink: ‘a woman’s place is in the home’

Erin Pizzey claims freedom of choice doesn’t work

SHE IS one of feminism's pioneers and founder of the UK's first refuge for victims of domestic violence, but after decades of fighting for women's rights Erin Pizzey has come to a startling conclusion: women should stay at home and look after the children while men go out to work.

Her revelations don't stop there. Pizzey also believes that with mothers away from home working, their child's development will be harmed. Her views are supported by new research conducted by Birbeck College in London, which suggests that the longer children are in childcare, as opposed to with parents, the more aggressive they become...

She says: "I think the traditional way the family was run has been going for thousands of years and it works. What I see now is men disenfranchised from their roles. Women are lost because they now have to work full-time. They don't have a choice. There is no proper child care, there's nobody home when the children come home."...

She says she now considers the idea of women having it all - a family and a career - to be a myth.

She adds: "I don't think anybody foresaw what that freedom of choice would do. It's imprisoned many women. They don't have a choice - they have to work hard and I just see an exhausted generation of women trying to do it all."

According to ongoing research by Jay Belsky, a professor of psychology at Birbeck College, Pizzey's fears are being borne out.

Research done in America as part of the college's Families, Children and Child Care study of 1200 children claims to show that the more time young children spend in care in their early years, the more aggressive and disobedient they will be by the time they reach primary school.

In another article, Pizzey notes her steady disillusionment with the feminist movement:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...oing-chest.html

The pertinent sections:

Quote:
Somewhat naively, Erin joined the women's movement. Starting in America, feminism enjoyed a dramatic revival in the Seventies, and its new proponents would prove even more radical than the female suffragettes of the early 20th Century who chained themselves to railings to raise awareness of women's rights.

Erin's excitement quickly dampened as she realised that, in fact, the group she joined had no interest in solidarity - the sole intention was to obliterate men from the structure of the family, destroy marriage and establish a new female supremacy.

'It was a ludicrous idea,' Erin says. 'It was like a born-again religion"...

'We weren't allowed to mention marriage. If we mentioned religion we had to refer to God as a woman"...

There were also, Erin says, violent members.

'One conference in Skegness ended up in a physical fight,' says Erin. 'The women were always at war about their policies and whether they were following Marxist or Chinese feminism.

'I told them that the women's movement wasn't a women's movement at all, but a Marxist movement'...

Erin's feud with the women's movement grew as they took over the refuges she had opened and banned men from entering. 'They wanted a world where men were excluded and I didn't agree with that at all,' she explains.

In denouncing feminism, though, Pizzey is very much a believer in size-acceptance:

Quote:
Erin maintains her original belief that women need to stop competing with each other - these days in the form of cosmetic surgery and endless dieting. 'It's not men forcing us to do it - it's competition between each other,' she says.

It reminds of the article about Spanish women that M.Lopez recently posted, which mentioned how traditional culture protected women from the concerns about their bodies that they now face. The two go hand in hand: The destruction of tradition devastated the family, male-female relationships, and women's body image; only a restoration of traditional values would heal these wounds.

I just wish feminists like Pizzey had realized this decades ago, before doing so much harm to society with such a destructive ideology.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote