View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010   #3
M. Lopez

Default Re: Interview with Kelsey Olson

Kelsey sounds like she is a lot of fun to be around, but also very intelligent and, most important of all, very principled.

It angered me to hear that agents have pressured her (or any model) to diminish herself. That's part of the reason why she is so popular - because she IS curvy, genuinely curvy, and not a skinny girl manipulated to look fuller. When I look at the gorgeous swimwear image posted above, it makes me believe that I too can wear a swimsuit with confidence, because Kelsey has a womanly physique and looks absolutely stunning in swimwear. That picture shows both truth AND beauty. That's what everyone is yearning for. That's what we all want to see. Shame on any part of the industry that tries to diminish the very qualities that make Kelsey so inspiring.

I love how she put it:

Quote:
“Just recently, I told my agent, just put me at the size I am, on the board. These are my measurements, and that’s what I am.”

Bravo for that. That's exactly how all full-figured women should feel about themselves: "This is who I am," and proudly acknowledge their size. Kelsey is inspiring in both word and deed.

And she's so generous as well, especially in how much she credits everyone who works with her for their talent. I have to agree, though, with what the interviewer said - that she deserves to realize that she herself is the main reason why her pictures are so effective, because whoever the photographer, her photos are always gorgeous. She herself is the element common to them all, so it's due to her beauty and ability that she produces such an amazing quality of work.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote