View Single Post
Old 31st December 2010   #10
Shelley

Default Re: Interview with Kelsey Olson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
Prepare to meet the prettiest angel of them all.

Click to enlarge

- Click here to read the Kelsey Olson interview

I have read countless marvellous interviews and essays on the forum over this past year, but without question, hands down, my favourite item was this three-part Kelsey Olson profile. Kelsey is my favourite model, so that helps, but I also adore Disney, so to read about this storybook princess being interviewed right underneath the battlements of a fairy-tale castle was utterly perfect. I could picture the whole afternoon in my mind.

The profile explored many rich themes, but I also enjoyed the moments of humour. This was a cute exchange where the interviewer played off Kelsey's remarkable humility:

Quote:
“What about your all-time favourite picture?” I asked. “If you had to choose one photograph to take with you to the grave…”

“I don’t know. It just depends,” she decided—and then added something that made my ears prick up: “They’re all really pretty. That’s what I think I like so much about modelling—because I love photography, so it’s a nice…”

What was this? Had I just heard Kelsey give her work a compliment, saying that all of her images were “really pretty”?

“I loved hearing that,” I told her. “Hearing you say that all of your picture are really pretty.”

“No, no, no, no!” she jumped in. “I meant…! That’s not what I… That’s not what I meant! I mean, like, the picture…”

“You do know that I’m going to single out that quote when I format the interview, don’t you?”

“No, don’t do that! Don’t do that!” She had to make sure that not even a trace of conceit could be deduced from her words.

“All of my pictures are really pretty…” I spelled out slowly, as if transcribing her statement.

“No, that’s not what I—”

All of them,” I repeated.

“No, I… Oh, my gosh. That’s really horrible. I didn’t mean it like that.”

“But you should,” I exhorted her.

“No, I just like the teamwork of it,” she insisted.

“Yes, it’s all coming together,” I uttered in a mock-Machiavellian voice.

Kelsey chuckled. “Oh, man.” But I could tell that she knew that I was just kidding with her.

I hope 2011 brings with it many, many new campaigns and test from Kelsey (just like that gorgeous swimwear image, for example).
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote