View Single Post
Old 6th April 2012   #1
Hannah

Default Kaela Humphries for Eloquii

It seems like just yesterday that Kaela Humphries signed a contract with Ford at a size 16/18 - earning both herself and the agency great praise for the fact that she is genuinely full-figured.

Now, as People magazine reports, she has landed her first major campaign since her singing, showcasing fashions for Eloquii (www.eloquii.com)

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.c...Off+The+Rack%29

The article comes with a pair of images of Kaela's new campaign. She looks gorgeously buxom:

The People article includes some interesting background on Kaela, as well as offering her reactions to the shoot:

Quote:
“It’s been really great,” Humphries tells PEOPLE. “The line is really fashion forward, the clothes fit and they look amazing. It’s been a really good experience.”

Humphries, older sis to Kris, had dabbled in modeling before last month, but only got serious about the industry recently. “I wasn’t ever like, ‘I’m going to be a model,’” she recalls. “I was a medical sales rep until last month.”

But four years ago, she was “discovered” by an agency rep in her home state of Minnesota, and “did little things here and there,” she says, before getting picked up by Wilhelmina models and ultimately appearing in spreads for Nordstrom and Kohl’s.

After a few years, Wilhelmina released her, so Humphries met with FORD + “to gauge if I had what it takes,” she explains. Obviously she did … and the rest is history.

Kaela's Nordstrom work was reported on this forum. But how interesting - and unexpected - that Wilhelmina "released her." Well, it's a pleasure to see that her successes have continued despite the release, and it's particularly encouraging to see that she is working at a 16/18.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote