View Single Post
Old 31st October 2013   #5
Clay

Default Re: Model dies of anorexia - at 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Lopez
The last point is especially significant. The diet-starvation and exercise-torture industries push the falsehood that body-diminishment is "healthy," but in fact, the opposite is true. Weight loss takes a severe toll on the body - whereas studies have shown that being curvier actually benefits health and allows women to live longer.

It's criminal propaganda that brainwashes women into ruining their own health for a physical standard that is unnatural (and against which the body naturally and rightly rebels). And the entire media is promoting this lie - with, as we see, tragic consequences.

I recently heard a rather lengthy (and false) detail-filled diet-starvation ad on the radio that completely drove homeM. Lopez's point.

Here are a few points that stood out to me, and not in a good way.

"A woman should be as thin as possible to be healthy and live longer"
When hey said "as thin as possible," my brain translated that as negative-size anorexic, which is DEFINITELY not healthy.

"Losing weight reduces cancer risk"
Considering the statement before, my guess is they figure once you are that thin, you will die of some malnutrition-related illness long before cancer can even develop. They did not even say anything about clinical studies or anything of the like.

"Be thin to look younger"
This has to be the biggest lie of the 21st century. All of the mainstream anorexic models I have seen looked to be in their 60s to 80s, even though they are in their teens or early 20s. On the other hand, plus-size models and other full-figured ladies I find often look younger than they really are.

The ad was basically a quickstart guide to developing a serious eating disorder. A scam in any case.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote