View Single Post
Old 10th April 2014   #6
Joey

Default Re: Model dies of anorexia - at 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
I recently heard a rather lengthy (and false) detail-filled diet-starvation ad on the radio that completely drove homeM. Lopez's point.

Here are a few points that stood out to me, and not in a good way.

"A woman should be as thin as possible to be healthy and live longer"
When hey said "as thin as possible," my brain translated that as negative-size anorexic, which is DEFINITELY not healthy.

"Losing weight reduces cancer risk"
Considering the statement before, my guess is they figure once you are that thin, you will die of some malnutrition-related illness long before cancer can even develop. They did not even say anything about clinical studies or anything of the like.

"Be thin to look younger"
This has to be the biggest lie of the 21st century. All of the mainstream anorexic models I have seen looked to be in their 60s to 80s, even though they are in their teens or early 20s. On the other hand, plus-size models and other full-figured ladies I find often look younger than they really are.

The ad was basically a quickstart guide to developing a serious eating disorder. A scam in any case.

That's just awful!

I agree, it really is the biggest lie that one must "be thin to look younger." Curves and beautiful fullness are plump with moisture, and not deprived of nutrients like thin frames are.

Even when i was young and body conscious, I remember wondering why every larger woman I saw always looked fresh, youthful, and had beautiful skin. Today I realize that it's because fuller-figured women nurture their bodies, while those with thin frames are being taught to do the exact opposite, which is OF COURSE going to be very aging on the body and face!
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote