The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th December 2006   #1
MelanieW

Default Christina: A touch of the Orient

Torrid has just released two new stunning images of Christina in Kimono tops, and she look absolutely lovely in them. This is quickly becoming Christinas best Torrid shoot ever.

Between the two, I like the red style best, just because I like color, and also because the red plays off Christinas dark hair in such a pretty way. You can barely tell in the picture, but apparently the top has gold metallic pinstripes, which is a killer touch.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=549373

I love her warm smile in that picture. I can still hardly believe that this pretty model can just as easily do the kind of ultra-steamy looks that she showed in her Fadil test.

Here is the black version. Very beautiful as well:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=513552

The cinch tie below the bust makes this such a great design, giving an otherwise loose garment some shape.

Christina makes these tops look so stylish. Gorgeous pictures.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006   #2
M. Lopez

Default Re: Christina: A touch of the Orient

In fact, there appear to be quite a few new images on the site now. Here are the ones that I could find - all beautiful:

Black Floral Kimono Dress
http://www.torrid.com/store/product...206&ITEM=517129

Navy Blue And Green Circle Dot Dress
http://www.torrid.com/store/product...206&ITEM=514314

White And Red Dot Belted Short Sleeve Top
http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=565769

Black Foil Guitar Tee
http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=500350

I think all the pictures are wonderful, and the items all tempting. That white-and-red dot blouse is particularly pretty, but I would never wear anything with a high-waist belt, which is a fashion abomination, and the sooner this ugly "trend" ends, the better.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006   #3
HSG
Administrator

The point about the horrors of the high-waist belt is warranted. It is an absurd fashion development, and one can easily imagine how this same blouse with a belt situated lower, around the hips, would offer a far more attractive and womanly look.

Nevertheless, the belt is undoubtedly removable, and taken by itself, the blouse is extraordinarily pretty. Dressed in this lovely, girlish top, Christina appears as the very promise of springtime, even as we fall into winter's grasp. And for those who are scouting for "resort-wear" for vacations in warmer climes, nothing could be better. Try to imagine this photograph in the setting of a lush formal garden, in which Christina's beauty would be matched by the splendour of the natural landscape around her.

Turning to Torrid's East Asian-inspired items, we see further proof that styling is all in the details. Note the remarkable earrings that Christina wears with this kimono dress. They add to the mystique of the outfit, and might even themselves be an Oriental design. (One should never forget the benefits of matching accessories thematically, as well as aesthetically.) Christina adopts a fittingly mature, sophisticated expression, to complete the look.

Kimono dresses are not necessarily the most obvious choices for adorning the fuller female figure, but they do have their own charm. Christina's current dark hairstyle matches the traditional jet-black tresses of the women in the lands where these styles originated, and, as the following image shows, her hair colour compliments the black accents of this dress particularly well.

One of the benefits of dressing in vibrant hues is that a fair complexion will catch some of the colour of the outfit, as seen below. Also, the strong contrast between the hair and the shade of the top creates a dramatic effect. Furthermore, the carefully-arranged freedom of the hairstyle (that is not a contradiction in terms) is especially eye-catching.

As Melanie noted, these kimono tops are appealing in that they are comfortable, yet still exhibit a touch of sensuality, with the agreeably close fit at the bust. By wearing a top with a slightly lower neckline, as Christina is, the piece attractively frames the neck and shoulder area--which, on voluptuous vixens (free as they are of visible clavicles), is a chastely seductive physical feature.

And finally, let's employ a tight close-up to illustrate an important point about models and the benefits of youth. We have all heard the popular phrase: "Don't waste the pretty." Part of the genius of Torrid is that it capitalizes on this principle, and doesn't wait for its gorgeous plus-size models to accumulate years upon years of tear sheets, but instead features these precocious talents as a blossoming age, when they have so much natural perfection, that no artificial media manipulation is necessary. The camera simply points and clicks, and presto--flawless beauty, such as no anorexic waifs can ever dream of possessing.

These images of Christina Schmidt should further persuade her countless fans, and plus-size girls everywhere, that they can be gorgeous and stylish at a comfortable, natural size, and that instead of wasting their time and money on methods of starvation and torture, they can devote their resources to adoring their curvaceous beauty in the best possible manner.

After all, a belief in her own beauty is the best gift that any voluptuous vixen can ever receive.

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006   #4
Kaitlynn

All of these pieces are wonderful, and the pictures are very pretty. I look at the top blouse as an early preview of Spring '07. And I'm really starting to warm to kimono fashions.

It's so nice that Torrid shows its fashions on beautiful plus-size models, because the pictures always offer great styling tips (e.g. those mandatory red earrings with that white blouse). But my favorite pieces of the season are still the lace dress that Christina wore for her Torrid cover, and especially the "Hot Kiss" red top.

It's not global warming that's responsible for the warm weather this year- it's Christina making temperatures rise in that sizzling outfit!
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006   #5
renata

Winter or not, I adore that polka-dot shirt. No belt required, hehe. And I think the black floral kimono dress looks very elegant. I like the fact that it's see-through, so where the underlay doesn't extend, like the arms and hem, you get that sheer effect.

I've never grown my hair long before, but Christina looks so beautiful in these pictures, I think I'll try it. I especially like her cute smile in the bottom pic.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006   #6
Chad

This trend towards Oriental fashions is timely. Just the other day, there was an article about actress Gong Li defending the wardrobe in the new Chinese period film in which she stars, called Curse of the Golden Flower. Apparently, the clothing shows off the contours of her non-waif figure, leading to the typical sort of curve-o-phobia from media types. However, according to the paper,
"Gong Li has defended the movie's wardrobe design, saying the costumes were faithful to the fashion of the Tang dynasty, during which the film is set: 'They show the beauty of a woman's curves.'"

So there is a tradition of East Asian fashion celebrating the fuller figure. Mind you, that beauty is even more apparent when the model showcasing the fashions has truly luscious curves, as Christina does.

These Torrid pictures, and the fashions, are all gorgeous.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote