The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st March 2011   #1
Karsten

Default Portofem: Fashion Show in Argentina

Like many others here, I really enjoyed Marie Lopez's post from last year, in which she introduced the Argentinian plus-size label Portofem and its curviest model, Silvia Dominguez.

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...read.php?t=2009

Apparently, the company just staged a fashion show a few weeks ago in the most gorgeous of locales, a museum called the Museo de Arte Tigre in a town called Tigre, somewhere in the vicinity of Buenos Aires.

The museum was definitely the ideal spot for a fashion show. It has a long colonnade leading up to a castle-like building, which is the museum itself.

It sits on the edge of a river, so at night, it's beautifully reflected in the water.

The colonnade has an upper deck, and while that too would be a great place for a fashion show, the catwalk was actually staged on the lower level, between the columns.

Here are a few stills from the video. First, the preparations.

The video shows the girls during rehearsal. This model is very pretty and has an attractive figure with a full, rounded waist.

Here she is during makeup.

As you can see, it was quite a big production. Portofem wasn't the only label to present at this prestigious show, but I'll bet they were the stars of the night.

Here's Silvia Dominguez, looking as gorgeous and curvaceous as ever.

The pretty model from earlier in the video.

The grand finale. The video screens on either side of the catwalk, as well as at the end of the catwalk, make a powerful impact.

And here's the video for the show itself. It was obviously a quality event with very high production values, and the setting couldn't have been more beautiful.

It's wonderful to see so many plus-size runway shows taking place around the world, especially since many of them are using true plus-size girls and are showing an admirable level of quality in the presentation.
Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011   #2
M. Lopez

Default Re: Portofem: Fashion Show in Argentina

What a terrific fashion show. Portofem couldn't have found a more perfect location. I love the high production values.

Looking back over my previous post, I noticed that for some reason I never included the backstage video of the company's fall/winter campaign. This video features many further images of the curvaceous Silvia Dominguez (on the right, in the thumbnail image), whom I would peg at a size 16 or 18, and even shows her speaking at one point.

She's a real beauty, and might become to Argentina what Mayara Russi is to Brazil - the country's most gorgeous and popular plus-size model, and one who is authentically full-figured.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote