Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th April 2006   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default That Nordstrom beauty . . .

No one has yet been able to conclusively identify this attractive model, but the fair-featured goddess who currently appears at Nordstrom is becoming quite popular, and we have already received a considerable number of requests to add her to the survey.

The following image appeared at Nordstrom today, showing the model in a sleeveless dress, and it confirms that she exhibits especially curvaceous arms, and--as far as the dress reveals--shapely legs. Longer hair could only add to her appeal.

Barbara Brickner is the quintessential Nordstrom model, of course, but this goddess provides her with a far compliment. And it is encouraging to see Nordstrom using a genuinely and visibily curvaceous model, rather than a straight-size waif. Nordstrom's Encore customers will surely be pleased.

We hope to see more of this talent in the near future.

Last edited by HSG : 17th April 2006 at 23:26.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006   #2
M. Lopez

Default Re: That Nordstrom beauty . . .

This model appears in connection with two brand-new items at Nordstrom:

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/...True&pfindid=13

and

I think the baby blue and the pink look best on her, with her fair complexion. It's so refreshing to see a truly plus-size model in Nordstrom's ads. The tops look far better on her than they would on a smaller model. Very pretty.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006   #3
HSG
Administrator

It's always a pleasure to put a name to a face, and to give a girl proper credit. The Nordstrom model with the shapely figure is Krista Mays, represented by Seattle Models Guild. Krista is a size 14/16 at 5'9, which accounts for her curvaceous look. Like Barbara, Miss Mays looks stunning showing off the company’s youth-oriented, sleeveless summer fashions.

You can see Krista's SMG comp card via the link below, but her Nordstrom images are far superior. Even against a simple grey backdrop, Nordstrom has an eye-catching way of shooting plus-size models. Krista represents the company very well--even as we all eagerly await Barbara's next Nordstrom series . . .

- Click here to view Krista's comp card

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006   #4
MelanieW

Nordstrom now features several more images of Krista.

Its wonderful to see a high-profile major retailer using a truly full-figured model, and shooting her in sleeveless tops. I know for a fact that this will help a lot of women feel better about their own figures. Maybe the plussize industry really is finally evolving past the old kind of repressive thinking about "rules" and "flaws", and is finally seeing - and showing - the beauty of curvaceous women. I bet their customers are saying "thank you" - as well as, "its about time"!

Kristas best pose is in the gold top, demure, but curvy:

MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006   #5
Emily

I'm pleased to be able to add something to this thread. I think it's so important to support the use of visibly fuller-figured models whenever possible, and Krista's images are attractive.

Here's a new item that she's modeling at Nordstrom:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2857811...pbo=2374395&P=5

I'm still not much for paisley prints, but the cut of these tops is quite nice. My preferred version is the sleeveless style, from earlier in this thread.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote