Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2007: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th June 2007   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Chloe Agnew in black

It is always a pleasure to pay tribute to our favourite curvaceous chanteuse, Chloe Agnew.

2007 has been an especially good year for the Irish beauty. As noted in a recent thread, Miss Agnew's solo DVD has just been released in North America. Her musical group, Celtic Woman, will soon be completing its latest North American tour--a phenomenally successful show that has included stops at most of the major cities in the U.S. and Canada.

Chloe has also performed on various television programs over the past six months, and we thought that we would take a moment to provide a selection of screen captures of these memorable TV appearances.

Unfortunately, unlike the colourful costumes that Celtic Woman wears for their touring show, the group invariably dons black for their television outings (hence the title of this post), so Chloe's perfectly-proportioned Classical figure is seldom visible.

Nevertheless, the TV segments do provide many lovely headshots of Miss Agnew, and since this Celtic stunner possesses one of the most beautiful faces ever photographed, her close-ups are well worth admiring.

These first images are taken from Chloe's performance on the Megan Mullally Show, shortly before Christmas. Here she is with the show's host:

And here she allows the group's violinist an opportunity to sing the last line of "Let it Snow":

Although the dress is formless around the figure, it has a beautifully cut neckline--a heart shape that reveals a dizzying expanse of Chloe neck and shoulders, but is also chic and modest.

It also shows off Chloe's shapely legs, as we can see in this rare glimpse of the singer in full-body profile:

One of the glories of Chloe's beauty is, of course, her cascading hair, which drapes over her bare shoulders in such an attractive manner in this dress:

Her luxuriant mass of hair enables her to perform one of the most enticing displays that any goddess can ever exhibit--a toss of the head, which sets her golden tresses in motion, flowing around her like a solar prominence. Here we see just such a display, lasting three quickened hearbeats--one:

two:

three:

We only have a few frames to offer from Celtic Woman's February performance on the Canadian national news program, Canada AM, but they amply testify to Miss Agnew's loveliness, and to her captivating variety of expressions. Chloe's facial features look particularly full and beautiful in this screen capture:

Here we see her in profile--a model of Classical perfection, featuring the "slight rise" of a "slope toward the throat" so admired in Renaissance aesthetics:

In a flash, Chloe changes demeanour, fixing the camera with a mischievous look:

Then, she gazes forward again, well aware that the camera remains fixed on her:

A longer shot gives the viewer a hint of her voluptuous figure, suggested (if not defined) by her dress:

For Celtic Woman's appearance on the Martha Stewart Show on the eve of St. Patrick's Day, Chloe donned a somewhat more conservative frock, but one which still treated fans to a view of her shapely legs:

What made this appearance so magical, though, was Miss Agnew's captivating hairstyle. Never has she seemed more of a fairy-tale princess than she did in this soft, romantic arrangement, a look that was at once both elegantly feminine, and extremely alluring, and altogether one of the most gorgeous hairstyles we have ever seen.

Only a goddess of Chloe's supernatural beauty could ever deserve to wear such an enchanting style.

And finally, here are a few captures showing Miss Agnew on CBS's Early Show on the morning of St. Patrick's Day (because after all, who could be a better guest on the international Irish day of celebration than Chloe and Celtic Woman?).

Chloe spoke for the group, as she so often does. Note in this frame that essential feature of a truly beautiful, feminine face--the high cheekbones that give the visage such lovely contours:

And in this profile shot, note the soft fullness of her facial features, that rich, sumptuous look which is the key to her dazzling beauty.

During the performance, Miss Agnew showed her versatility yet again, exhibiting a variety of expressions, from glances that were almost regal in their nobility, like the poses of Antique statuary,

to expressions that were fun and lively, bespeaking the 18-year-old's youth,

and reminding the viewer what an engaging performer she is, and how she manages to connect with every audience:

Chloe fans wishing to see the performances from which these stills were captured can find them all on YouTube. If you begin with the Megan Mullally segment (linked below), you can proceed, via the "Video Responses," through every clip mentioned in this thread.

Miss Agnew is a stunning example of timeless beauty. Let us hope that her worldwide celebrity continues to increase, so that young women everywhere discover that they do not need to starve to be beautiful, but can be gorgeous and successful at their naturally curvy size.

- Click here to watch Chloe's performances

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007   #2
Emily

Default Re: Chloe Agnew in black

Chloe's fans are sure to enjoy this YouTube tribute video for the Irish goddess. It comprises clips from her solo DVD, and the scenes have been cut together in a remarkably beautiful way. Best of all, the background music is a passionate nocture by Chopin, rich and Romantic in nature -- so appropriate for Chloe -- rather than some sort of modern rubbish. Click on the arrow to begin the video:

I especially love a segment near the middle, at 01:53, where images of Chloe's visage are juxtaposed with shots of opulent flower in full bloom.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007   #3
Kaitlynn

The pictures are all so lovely, and show off Chloe's well-fed beauty remarkably well- although I agree that she looks even better in the richly-coloured gowns that she wears in concert.

This graphic was recently posted on the Chloe Agnew forum, and I felt compelled to share it here.

A reader said that the transparent image on the left makes it seem as if Chloe's soul were appearing alongside her physical being. I like that interpretation...

The Irish coastline in the background would make a perfect backdrop for a plus-size-model shoot.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007   #4
HSG
Administrator

Default Byron's Manfred, by John Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlynn
A reader said that the transparent image on the left makes it seem as if Chloe's soul were appearing alongside her physical being. I like that interpretation...

In fact, there is a rich precedent for such a concept appearing in an image.

The painting below is titled Manfred and the Witch of the Alps (1837), by the great English Romantic artist, John Martin. It depicts the eponymous protagonist of Lord Byron's verse drama Manfred--a brooding necromancer and titanic individualist, who confronts a host of supernatural forces which attempt to enslave his soul, his will, his power.

Observe the apparition to the immediate right of Manfred--a ghostly mirror image of the magus himself. This has variously been interpreted as Manfred's soul, or as the embodiment of his superhuman force, or as the "Promethean spark" of divinity within him--the part that transcends the mere mortal clay of which he is composed.

The Chloe banner, above, could be viewed in a similar way, except with Chloe as an embodiment of the aesthetic of the Beautiful, much as Manfred is a personification of the Sublime. Chloe's ethereal counterpart presents a visualization of the transcendental component of her beauty--both in terms of her goddesslike appearance, and her celestial voice (her superhuman "Art," equivalent to Manfred's necromantic power). And note that both the painting and the banner incorporate arch-Romantic landscapes, presenting nature at its most awe-inspiring.

Manfred, incidentally, was Byron's masterwork, and its protagonist is the definitive example of that towering figure of Western literature, "the Byronic Hero"--a character-type that epitomizes the Romantic movement, and personifies its revaluation of values. Consider the first incantation that Manfred voices, when summoning the dark forces:

Spirits of Earth and Air,
Ye shall not thus elude me: By a power,
Deeper than all yet urged, a tyrant-spell,
Which had its birthplace in a star condemn'd,
The burning wreck of a demolish'd world,
A wandering hell in the eternal space;
By the strong curse which is upon my soul,
The thought which is within me and around me,
I do compel ye to my will.
(I.i.41-49)

In the encounter depicted in Martin's painting, the Witch of the Alps addresses Manfred by acknowledging:

I know thee for a man of many thoughts,
And deeds of good and ill, extreme in both.
(II.ii.34-35)

Nietzsche himself affirms that "I must be profoundly related to Byron's Manfred: all these abysses I found in myself." Well might the German philosopher make such an admission, for both the concepts and the imagery of Also sprach Zarathustra are directly traceable to Byron (with the character of Manfred being the clearest prototype of Nietzsche's ‹bermensch).

Arguably the greatest literary work of the Romantic movement, and undoubtedly containing Romanticism's greatest hero, a reading of Manfred is an experience that no one should deny themselves during the course of their lifetime.

- Click here to view a larger version of the above painting

Work Cited:

Byron. Selected Poems. Ed. Susan J. Wolfson and Peter Manning. New York: Penguin, 1996.

Old 28th September 2007   #5
HSG
Administrator

Incidentally, Chloe fans will be interested to know that next week, a new DVD featuring the curvaceous chanteuse is being released. Titled A Christmas Celebration, it features Miss Agnew and the other members of Celtic Woman performing a host of traditional Christmas carols. Chloe appears in a strapless, sleeveless pink dress (seen below). For the first half of the concert, the dress is covered by a sheer sheath, and then for the secon half, the sheath is removed, permitting admirers to view her curvaceous arms.

For aficionados of plus-size beauty, Christmas has come early this year . . .

- Click here for the DVD