The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2007: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st August 2007   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Christina Schmidt at MXM (with Kailee)!!

This is one of those all-time-great, dream-come-true moments for size celebration.

Wilhelmina superstar Christina Schmidt headlines the new Fall 2007 campaign for Canada's most daring plus-size retailer, MXM.

And as if that wasn't exciting enough, she is joined in this endeavour by her gorgeous contemporary, Kailee O'Sullivan.

Not since the legendary Shannon Marie and Barbara Brickner appeared together in a beauty editorial in Mode has there been such a breathtaking pairing of goddesses.

To see Miss Schmidt in this MXM promotion is particular exhilarating, as it is the fulfillment of a cherished dream shared by many of Christina's fans, going back several years, to when she starred as Terri MacGregor on the Canadian television series, Degrassi: The Next Generation.

In that series, Christina's character, Terri, famously became a plus-size model for a Canadian youth-oriented plus-size clothing chain called "MoreGrrrl." Of course, MoreGrrrl was only a Degrassi creation--but as the sole youth-oriented, plus-size clothing chain in Canada with a significant advertising presence, MXM is the exact, real-life equivalent of the fictional "MoreGrrrl." (In fact, it is widely believed that the very concept of MoreGrrrl was directly patterned after MXM.)

Thus, as never before, life imitates art, and Christina has accomplished in real life what Terri achieved in the show.

Better still, the images are both size-positive and gorgeous, shot by the great Canadian photographer Max Abadian (a genius at photographing plus-size beauty). Regrettably, however, the very finest images are only available as in-store posters, so all of you Canadian fans of Miss Schmidt should run, not walk, to your nearest Penningtons or Addition-Elle outlet that carries MXM, and gaze upon Christina's beauty.

We do have one picture to share from the in-store brochures, an exciting image of Christina in a purple top that closely embraces her figure, and shows off her luscious curves--all of her curves. Christina looks relaxed, comfortable in her body, and confident, radiating joy and a love of the good life. Her dark hair spills over her shoulders like the night sky.

Following this, we have two images of the dream-come-true pairing of Christina with Kailee (5'7 and 5'8 respectively, showing that models who do not stand at Amazonian heights have a tremendous advantage in showing off full-figure fashions). The colours are perfectly chosen, with Kailee in her trademark royal blue, and Christina looking particularly voluptuous in a ruby-red top that sends the temperature reading off the scale.

And here are our two favourite vixens enjoying a fun karaoke moment. Their pretty tops, with lace trim, embrace their curvy figures in a very attractive way, showing off the models' soft contours and generous waists. Note also the beauty of Kailee's full, white arm.

Miss O'Sullivan's own best picture of this campaign is definitely the following delectable image. Her top fits her snugly, like a second skin, and while we generally favour dresses and skirts to pants at this site, no one can deny that Kailee looks particularly seductive here.

And here is another musical moment with Kailee. Fall at MXM is obviously all about closely-fitted tops, and both Christina and Kailee, with their soft, full-figured beauty, indisputably demonstrate that such tops suit well-fed vixens to a "T".

Without a doubt, this is MXM's finest-ever gathering of talent, and, if one includes the in-store posters, its greatest-ever campaign.

One must compliment MXM for its visionary brilliance in enlisting Christina to represent its clothing. She is the marque's first celebrity since Mia Tyler, and since she is joined in this promotion by the ravishing Miss O'Sullvian, one can say with confidence that MXM is doing more for promoting size celebration among today's youth than any other company in the world.

- Click here to visit MXM online

Last edited by HSG : 29th August 2007 at 16:05.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007   #2
renata

Default Re: Christina Schmidt at MXM (with Kailee)!!

Oh, WOW!!! I LOVE these pictures! Christina and Kailee are two of my favorite models, and I love seeing them together. I will definitely go to one of the stores to check out the rest of her pictures. I really like the tops too, which are prettier than last year's MXM fashions. I hope MXM features many more images of Christina and Kailee all throughout autumn, with in-store posters, and the works.

I was always secretly hoping Christina would shoot for MXM. First they get Kailee, now Christina. Brilliant!

Here's one more graphic I snagged from the site:

But that top photo, in the purple sweater, is definitely my favourite, because Christina looks truly plus there - and so gorgeous!
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007   #3
MelanieW

I dropped by a Penningtons today to see the new MXM placards. Theres a great one with Christina in an orange top that really looks hot. But I too agree that the first photo, in the purple top, is the best and most curve-adoring shot.

I am absolutely delighted to see Christina shooting for MXM. Its a match made in heaven, since MXM is a Canadian company, and Christina is a Canadian talent. Now all the young girls who grew up watching Christina on Degrassi, and being empowerd in their body-image from her performance as Terri, will be able to look to her as a fashion inspiration for the coming school year.

At a time when the media is so prejudiced and hateful towards curvy women, a campaign like this is a much-needed positive alternative, showing young plussize girls that they deserve to feel like vixens, not victims.

I only wish MXM would show a behind-the-scenes video of the making of this exciting campaign. They used to post such videos online, back when Mia Tyler was shooting for them, and it would be a thrill to watch Christina and Kailee "in action".
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007   #4
Kaitlynn

Gorgeous images all. It's exciting to see Christina in her first big campaign outside of Torrid. Christina's best photo is that top image- so curvaceous- and I also like the sex appeal of Kailee's café pic.

I'm looking forward to seeing the in-store posters. I'm betting the stores will be putting up many more after the Civic Holiday, and once the last summer sales are finally over.

Here's another picture I found online from this campaign:

Christina, on the right, definitely has the most arresting expression. And it's great to see that MXM will soon have online shopping. Hopefully, the MXM site will be presenting all of its styles on models (rather than just photographing them as empty clothing)- which will mean many more images of everyone's favourite plus-size starlets.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007   #5
HSG
Administrator

We are delighted to share a thrilling "extra" from this campaign, just for the readers of this forum. An external source has kindly provided us with an image of one of Christina's many in-store posters. Here she is, looking succulent in vibrant orange, in another very feminine top with lace trim. The photographer no doubt asked for an "attitude" expression from the model, and she delivered--but regardless of demeanour, the gorgeous roundness of Christina's face is always in evidence.

One still needs to visit the MXM stores to get the full picture of this campaign--i.e., to see the many images of Christina that are only viewable as in-store advertisements. And many more images are in the works (including the eagerly-awaiting wall-size posters).

Both plus-size model fans and Degrassi fans are understandably over the moon about this promotion, and we must applaud everyone involved for putting together such a spectacular campaign.

Old 27th September 2007   #6
HSG
Administrator

Christina's fans will be delighted to see that MXM has placed one more, never-before-seen picture of Christina on the company site.

It's small, unfortunately, and the clothing is casual, but Christina looks stunning (as always), with a uniquely serene expression--very different from her usual demeanour.

We usually trim sales content from the images that we post on this site, but we have made an exception in this case. For enlisting the services of one of the most popular and exciting models in the industry, MXM rich deserves a "plug" for whatever promotion it is currently running.
Old 1st October 2007   #7
HSG
Administrator

And now, we are thrilled to be able to share two more of Miss Schmidt's in-store posters from this, the most exciting campaign of the season (most exciting because Christina is in it).

First, here is Christina looking wildly beautiful in an animal-print top. Her face radiates delight, prompting the viewer to feel gladdened in turn. She allows her suitor-du-jour to tenderly touch her arm. MXM has always been effective in its use of GQ models, and putting Christina in the company of a male admirer is quite fitting, for with her unsurpassable beauty, she could have any man in the world at her beckon call. But Christina is in the forefront, the centre of attention--as she should be.

Alas, the border trims off her most seductive attribute of all--her curvy waist--but nevertheless, the image is utterly captivating.

A second in-store poster shows Christina's face bathed in a warm glow--that exquisite face, which may be the loveliest in the world, surpassed only by Shannon Marie's. Its roundness, its fullness, its babylike softness melt the heart. Her sensual expression, with parted lips, increases her allure still further.

Many young women have lost their tempers while shopping with their boyfriends in MXM stores, as the young lads gaze with undisguised longing at Christina's pictures--all other thoughts banished, all other dreams forgotten in the presence of Christina's beauty.

A view of the complete poster shows how snugly her top fits her figure, with the jacket undone at the bust to expose a seductive hint of the lace-trimmed camisole underneath--enslaving the souls of any remaining men who might not yet have fallen under Christina's spell.

There is simply no other model working today whose images generate the kind of frisson that Christina's exciting pictures do. Her beauty of face and figure is unsurpassable, and her ability to communicate intoxicating vanity and self-assurance in her pictures is enthralling.

MXM was truly inspired in selecting Miss Schmidt for its fall promotion, and it will be fascinating to see which forward-thinking retailer next features Christina in its campaigns, and presents her timeless beauty to the world.
Old 17th October 2007   #8
M. Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
the very finest images are only available as in-store posters, so all of you Canadian fans of Miss Schmidt should run, not walk, to your nearest Penningtons or Addition-Elle outlet that carries MXM, and gaze upon Christina's beauty.

I was in a Penningtons store a little while ago and saw some of Christina's in-store pictures, particularly an enormous poster of her that looked as if it was 20 feet high, and reached from the store's ceiling to the bottom of the display window.

This is without a doubt the top campaign of the season, thanks to Christina's incredible talent. There is just something about her beauty, something about her expressions, that no other model possesses. She reveals a nakedly appetitive quality in her pictures, a hungry "I-want-more" look that is absolutely thrilling.

I have to say, I look forward to her future work more than that of any other model.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007   #9
HSG
Administrator

MXM has now moved on to its Winter campaign, but we do have one final image to share featuring Miss Schmidt in this promotion. It's a larger version of the ad that Kaitlynn posted earlier in this thread, and it shows Christina exuding the ultra-confident attitude for which her fans admire her. The expression is challenging, but restrained, suggesting unrevealed mysteries in the model's eyes.

This was undoubtedly the most exciting promotion of the Fall 2007 season, and Christina's fans earnestly hope to see her in future MXM campaigns.