Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2007: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th October 2007   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Yanderis: Veintitantos cover

Last year, we enthused about Yanderis's appearance on the cover of Veintitantos magazine, which might be considered the Cosmo of the Mexican market.

We are delighted to see that Yanderis recently scored another Veintitantos cover, and if anything, this image is more beautiful than her previous cover shot:

The ensemble is quite attractive, and the colours suit her particularly well. The lighting catches the exquisite fullness of her facial features. Yanderis is one of those rare models who generally look better when they adopt serious expressions than smiling looks, but this picture is the exception, for her smile is simply adorable. The pose also suggests the alluring fullness of her most seductive feature--her 35" waist.

Yanderis, a young model, is represented by Dorothy Combs in Miami. She has been a Judgment of Paris favourite since her first shoot for Addition-Elle, and won enthusiastic praise for a romantic Figure editorial, and a sensual swimwear series.

We enthusiastically look forward to her future work.

- Yanderis galleries
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Yanderis: Veintitantos cover

Interesting that this is a Hispanic magazine. I thought of this cover today when I read an encouraging article about how a group of Hispanic high school students in Chicago is protesting the use of underweight models to promote a Latino Fashion Show.

Here's the link. You can click on the video to the right of the text, which will play the film clip of the actual news report:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/latino...w.2.412466.html

Here are a few excerpts:

Quote:
The female students at Kennedy High School are among those criticizing the waif-like models chosen to promote the event. The girls are concerned it sends the wrong message to their peers...

"I kinda see it as false advertisement because I am Latino and I'm not stick skinny," said Kennedy High School student Alexandria Fandino. "Most of the people I know have curves."

Fellow student Carina Moran agrees. "It's really sad because it's not how we look and how we're supposed to look," she said.

"They're encouraging people to under-eat and that's causing young children to have eating disorders," Santano said.

The good news is that their anti-starvation campaign is apparently having an effect. The fashion show's organizer claims that future advertising will show fuller models, and that the models in the show itself will have curves.

This is a fine example of effective action on the part of the public against the anorexic standard. It would be wonderful if more students, and women in general, would follow their lead.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote