The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th January 2008   #1
MelanieW

Default From Germany - Mollige Models

I was extremely impressed when I saw the December post about the new German model Franca Walther:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...read.php?t=1263

I find her absolutely gorgeous, and I recently saw her again on the site of a German plussize line, Sallie Sahne.

http://www.sallie-sahne.de/

Here is her best picture:

What a stunning figure she has - a definite sign of improvement for Germany, and a commendable departure from the faux-plus look.

The recent threads about improvements in plussize imagery in Europe got me to wondering if I could find more examples of such progress, and I think Ive found some at Mollige Models, which is one of the two agencies that represent Franca Walther. In the past, Mollige Models has mostly represented "real people" types (ordinary-looking rather than beautiful models), and to some degree, this is still the case. But the photographs in their girls books have improved considerably, and have become much more sensual and size-positive. So I thought Id share a few examples.

In many of these girls cases, they only have a single good image in their books, and the rest are poor quality; but still, these selections indicate progress.

Here is a picture of Sarah. She could definitely benefit from a longer, more romantic hairstyle, but the dress is old-fashioned and very pretty, showing off her full arms and legs, and especially her curvy waist. This is a very sensual image, and would do any top plussize model proud:

Here is Christine. The strawberries are a seductive detail, and the crimson colouring throughout adds a touch of passion.

This picture of Sabrina shows how a louging pose can give even a picture of a casual outfit some zest. I like the fact that the model appears to be looking through a book with illustrations of medieval fortresses or castles.

Here is a nice, pretty picture of Katja. Great colour contrasts, very "fresh" look.

The colours are a bit oversaturated and unnatural in this picture of Sandra K., but I like the hair and accessories, and the fact that the model has full features.

Here, showing Claudia, is something Ive never seen before - accessorizing with a cat. Great look in the models eyes, and her slightly implied nudity gives the picture softness.

A couple of pictures of Tatjana. Nice to see her showing off her full arms, and the restaurant setting is a great choice.

Beautiful headshot of Eva:

Most of these pictures show tests, but here are a few examples of work - Jelena modelling swimwear. She has a soft, non-toned figure, as North American swimwear models seldom do.

Mathilda in a lingerie image, adopting a pose that is recognizably a take-off of a well-known Rubens painting.

Dramatic headshot of Anke H.

Another rare example of work. The model, Cynthia, has a great hairstyle and is pretty, even if the clothing is not.

Decidedly sensual image of Jacqueline:

Another luxurious recumbent image, featuring Natalie (awful print on the dress, though):

This picture of Sonja is not plus-visible, however I like the setting and theme:

Mollige Models still suffers from a lack of younger models, but heres one who is quite pretty - Natascha, dressed in an appropriately Torrid-like manner:

For some reason, Isabelle reminds me a little of Belinda Carlise. Maybe its just the cute pose - which would work WAY better if the model were on a softer surface.

Speaking of which, here is Melanie S. looking seductive on just such a surface - if you can see it (try turning up the contrast on your monitor if you cant) - a plush black mink-like bedcover:

Carola is plus-looking, which is good to see, even though here, the old approach to formless styling unfortunately still appears:

Sensual post by Carmen, with the crucifix accessory as a kind of symbolic contrast:

Despite the formless jacket, some of Melanies curves are still visible in this lifestyle image:

Esther is seen here in a picture that shows the advantage of testing in a fitted, alluring top that shows off a models figure:

I know this picture of Anne was posted on this forum once before, a few seasons ago, but I still find it an intensely dramatic headshot, with a riveting expression by the model:

Bettina T. is one of the prettier girls at Mollige Models:

The vulnerable, helpless look in the eyes of Annett makes this image stand out:

Selina is another one of the agencys truly beautiful girls, here showing how a model can add a curvy touch to even a casual outfit:

Here is one of the best pictures I found, a very sensual image of Claudia:

Another cat-as-accessory picture, featuring Maggie. Lovely neckline on the dress, and well-tousled hair:

Great wardrobe styling here, in this picture of Angela:

A lesson in great comp-card cover choice, clean and simple, but subtly alluring too:

One more "work" shot, a tear from Sandra illustrating that, yes, it is okay for models to be truly plus and model swimear:

And finally, here is Nina in a an eye-catching blouse - a very effective picture.

Whew! Okay, thats my look at the girls of Mollige Models. Here is the agency link:

http://www.big-beauty.de/

Not all of the girls are goddesses (many are not), and Franca Walther is the lovelist of all by far. But I am amazed by how much the quality of the images has improved since the last time I browsed the agency site. I hope this means that Germany is following the Dutch lead in accepting younger, fuller-figured models, and dressing and photographing them in more attractive ways.

Last edited by HSG : 1st March 2008 at 03:04. Reason: URLs edited
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008   #2
Kaitlynn

Default More Franca Walther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieW
I was extremely impressed when I saw the December post about the new German model Franca Walther:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...read.php?t=1263

I find her absolutely gorgeous, and I recently saw her again on the site of a German plussize line, Sallie Sahne.

http://www.sallie-sahne.de/

Here is her best picture:

What a stunning figure she has - a definite sign of improvement for Germany, and a commendable departure from the faux-plus look.

Franca really is a stunning beauty, and I think she belongs on this site's survey page.

Her MOS card now features several more images:

You can tell she knows just how glamorous and desirable she is, and that she loves every inch of her 46-35-46 figure. Her eyes have a hungry look. I just hope she gets the opportunity to test in some figure-embracing styles at some point (the Sallie Sahne dress is at least a step in that direction), or works for a Torrid-like client. Europe desperately needs more visibility for plus-size models who are as gorgous as Franca is.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote