The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2005: July - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2005   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Sizzling Christina Schmidt Torrid ad!

All of you who are on the Torrid mailing list no doubt gasped when you saw the following ad appear in your Inbox, earlier this evening.

The first Christina image at Torrid was sweet and demure, but here, she lets loose and creates an image of burning intensity. This is how you wear a jacket if you still want to look sexy, and feminine, and play up your alluring curves.

At last, we get to see the "real" Christina Schmidt, the gorgeous face of the Torrid generation--a generation that is growing up well aware of its own beauty, and impervious to the curve-o-phobic brainwashing of the mass media.

The world will never be the same . . .

- Aesthetic restoration brought to you by Torrid.com

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Sizzling Christina Schmidt Torrid ad!

That has to be the sexiest, most mature image I've ever seen from Christina. I would usually never give a jacket like that a second look, but Christina makes it exciting! And I adore the ruched top- if I can't find one around here, I'll definitely get one from Torrid.

And what an edgy expression. I think models with sweet and gentle features, like Barbara and Christina, can do "wild" looks really well, because the overall effect is steamy, but still very beautiful. Models with harder features need to adopt prettier/gentler facial expressions, so they don't end up looking harsh.

What a great ad.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005   #3
MelanieW

I am speechless. I think thats my favourite picture of Christina ever - or at least tied with the pix of her in the red dress from the awards. I just posted it as the cover pic on her Yahoo fan group -

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/christinaschmidtgroup

This is the kind of image I knew Torrid and Christina could create together. Its fashion forward, and has amazing attitude - the kind of attitude you usually only see the sticklet models showing. I love it. I cant wait to see more!
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005   #4
renata

I nearly screamed from joy when I saw that ad this morning in my email. I printed it out right away. And I took it to school to show my friends. I've been telling them there are gorgeous plus-size models for a long time. But they didn't believe me. They'd never heard of them. But they've heard of Christina, and when I showed them the ad they were totally amazed. Guys at school said she looked HOT.

I think that's the prettiest Christina has looked since Degrassi sEason Two. I always thought jackets like that were kind of boring, but the way Christina wears it, I wanna get one!
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2005   #5
HSG
Administrator

The styling in this terrific Torrid ad represents a sexy, trendy new way to wear jackets and sweaters--items not usually associated with feminine allure. This is a body-conscious approach that works beautifully on full-figured women, but would look pointless on rail-thin models.

The idea is to cinch the jacket very snugly under the bust, so that it accentuates the curves, and holds the figure in a loving embrace; and then, to let the lower portion of the jacket or sweater remain open, to offer a glimpse of the blouse underneath--which is, ideally, an extremely feminine item.

Here we see Kate Dillon in a Lane Bryant image, showing off this approach. (Lovely hairstyle.)

And here we see Barbara exhibiting this technique for Reitmans. Note the lacy, feminine top under the casual sweater:

But Christina's image is the most exciting example yet of this eye-catching style, particularly because the ruched top with the lower neckline is such a sensual item:

And of course, Christina's devastatingly alluring expression, and the fact that she is gently tugging at the shirt to bring the neckline down a little more, makes the overall look especially memorable.

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2005   #6
M. Lopez

Christina is also one of the four models on the Torrid cover now, under the "Casual" label. I don't like camo anything (the jacket/ruched top shot was so much prettier!), but it's so great to see her on the cover- in any capacity. I can't wait to see what else this shoot produced. I hope she got to model some dresses........
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote