The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th June 2008   #1
Emily

Default Kelsey: Sweet Temptation (Torrid lingerie)

I think every fan of Kelsey Olson -- let's make that, every fan of timeless beauty -- will pass out when they see this new Torrid ad.

I believed Torrid could never surpass its recent Kelsey bridal videos, but this image is breathtaking. Kelsey looks lovelier than ever here. And not only is it a gorgeous picture, but it is fully size-positive as well. You can see the sensual fullness of Kelsey's waist, and even the soft, textured curves of her thighs.

This is absolutely Torrid's finest picture, ever. And it proves something important about lingerie imagery: To create a sensual image of a plus-size goddess, all you need to do is show off her luscious, well-fed beauty without apology, celebrating ever soft, natural detail of her figure, and the result will be more seductive (yet also more tasteful) than even the raciest lingerie image of a gym-disfigured waif.

Amazing photo. Here's the link to the e-mail ad where I found it:

http://community.torrid.com/email/l...060908_web.html
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Kelsey: Sweet Temptation (Torrid lingerie)

Oh, my goodness! What an exciting picture of Kelsey! She instantly becomes the definitive plus-size lingerie model. I had no idea she would look soooo good in sleepewear.

I love the name of the ad too: "Sweet Temptation." It indicates that Kelsey herself is a "sweet temptation" in Torrid lingerie, and it coyly suggests that it's Kelsey's indulgence in sweet temptations (of the dessert variety) that have given her such a delectable figure.

This is definitely Kelsey best Torrid picture ever, and I really have to applaud Michael Anthony for producing such a gorgeous picture. The Kelsey/MAH collaboration has produced amazing artistry before, but nothing surpasses this masterpiece.

I hope we get to see more pictures from this shoot...
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008   #3
Micki

The hot pink color really flatters Kelsey's rosy skin tone.
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008   #4
theunknown

I agree with Kaitlynn, I hope we get to see more pictures from this shoot,...

I think it has been dicussed before if Torrid would ever feature a lingerie shoot and this has bypassed any expectation of one!

This picture is just outstanding in every way, well done to both Kelsey, Michael Anthony and Torrid
theunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008   #5
MelanieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
it proves something important about lingerie imagery: To create a sensual image of a plus-size goddess, all you need to do is show off her luscious, well-fed beauty without apology, celebrating ever soft, natural detail of her figure

I agree. I dont know where in the world the myth got started that lingerie models need to look androgynously "toned". The whole point of sleepwear is to create the most feminine look possible, and for this you need a model with an ultra-soft figure, with full, gentle curves.

Kelsey looks breathtaking in this picture - confident and poised, but not aggressive. Great pose and expression.

And bravo to Torrid for NOT over-airbrushing the picture, but allowing the texture of Kelseys skin to remain visible. This is, after all, what real girls look like - natural, not plastic.

Brilliant job by Michael Anthony. I hope we see more.

(I wonder if Torrid will ever shoot Christina Schmidt the same way?)
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008   #6
HSG
Administrator

Photographer Michael Anthony has also kindly shared with us an outtake from his exciting lingerie shoot with Kelsey:

The sheer fabric around the waist makes it daring, yet it is still a modest item. Kelsey's expression is more sensual here. And the idea of positioning the model on a plush sofa was inspired, as the padded cushioning adds to the overall effect of softness.

As with its recent bridal promotion, Torrid is producing genuinely pro-curvy imagery for its unmentionables campaign. Hopefully, other retailers will follow suit and present their sleepwear on models with soft, natural figures, and photograph them in ways that celebrate rather than diminish their figures.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2008   #7
M. Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieW
I dont know where in the world the myth got started that lingerie models need to look androgynously "toned". The whole point of sleepwear is to create the most feminine look possible, and for this you need a model with an ultra-soft figure, with full, gentle curves.
Very true. This is perhaps the main reason (although there are many) why Kelsey is an ideal Intimate Apparel model. Unlike many of the industry's faux-plus, over-toned girls, Kelsey looks natural, shapely, and beautiful. I just hope she never loses her soft, opulent curves. The black lingerie photo is attractive too, but the pink picture is just about the finest Intimates ad I've ever seen. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Incidentally, there's another attractive new image of Kelsey at Torrid, here promoting a white jacket. I'm not sure if it's a style that I'd ever wear, but Kelsey looks especially beautiful here. Click for a close-up to see her gentle, pretty expression.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/...845524442179251
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote