The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th June 2008   #1
Chad

Default New Whitney videos

I found a number of new videos with everyone's favourite ANTM winner.

First and most importantly, here is Whitney on The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, which is syndicated across the U.S. She looks especially pretty here:

http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/twe...body-continued/

Whitney is joined by Seventeen editor Ann Shoket and Jessica Weiner, and during the course of the program, Shoket even presents Whitney with the magazine's "Body Peace Award" for her efforts at spreading size celebration.

The episode as a whole apparently dealt with 'tweens and body image, so it's wonderful that the young audience (and the viewers) got the opportunity to see Whitney earn yet another award for being full-figured, and proud of it.

- - - -

Also, here's a TV commercial that Whitney did for a Florida client before moving to New York:

Whitney looks great in that coral dress, and she still had her long blonde hair for this shoot. Gorgeous.

The company also posted a behind-the-scenes video showing the making of the commercial:

Note that even the "making of" narration mentions positive body image.

And finally, the local CW station in Whitney's native Flordia posted this short clip promoting their station's Web site, which features another interview with Whitney:

You can see their interview at the station's site:

http://www.mycw17.com/
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008   #2
Madeline

Default Re: New Whitney videos

I've never understood why she got veneers. I've seen before photos and her teeth looked just fine before she got them.

I'm so proud of her for winning that award. It's so good to see that Seventeen is trying to promote size acceptance alongside Whitney. It's so hard growing up as it is, without constant negative information being all over media. I hope they continue the fight.
Madeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008   #3
Emily

Default Re: New Whitney videos

I especially loved the Smile Stylists commercial, regardless of the product. Whitney looked terrific in it, and I particularly enjoyed her performance of the line, "And find out how you can be on top" -- which she delivered with a flirtatious glance and a wink. It reminded me of her Italian CoverGirl commerical from ANTM, which I adored, because it had the same kind of vivaciousness and playfulness.

It's wonderful to think that at last, 'tweens have someone in the media providing them with a better ideal figure than emaciated straight-size fashion models. I only wish there were more -- that more plus-size models would achieve the kind of publicity that Whitney is getting. Hopefully she is opening doors that others will be able to step through.

And bravo to Seventeen for making the most of Whitney's win, and using it to spread their Body Peace project. Let's hope the magazine features more full-figured models in future issues.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008   #4
Kaitlynn

Default Nominated for Teen Choice Award!

This is amazing! Whitney has been nominated for a 2008 Teen Choice award!

The list is here (and elsewhere on the Web):

http://www.chiff.com/pop-culture/teen-choice-awards.htm

Whitney's category is this:

Quote:
Choice TV Female Reality/Variety Star

Heidi Montag, The Hills
Kim Kardashian, Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Kristi Yamaguchi, Dancing with the Stars
Lauren Conrad, The Hills
Whitney Thompson, America's Next Top Model
I hope she wins! She's obviously far more significant than any of the other nominees, and is making a much more important public statement.

U.S. residents can vote for her at the official site of the awards:

http://www.teenchoiceawards.com/
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008   #5
Madeline

Default New Whitney Photos

Madeline is offline   Reply With Quote