The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th June 2008   #1
Maureen

Default Valerie in Interweave Crochet

The summer issue of Interweave Crochet magazine features an article on crochet as a spiritual medium. It is illustrated with a small but beautiful photograph of Valerie Lefkowitz, wrapped in a soft prayer shawl (page 43). How fitting that the angelic Valerie be chosen to model a handcrafted item designed for spiritual comfort and meditation.
Maureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008   #2
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: Valerie in Interweave Crochet

Angelic is right. This, finally, is a clear picture (if not especially revealing) of Valerie at her current, size-18 look. It confirms the suggestion of beauty provided by her acclaimed recent Reitmans campaign, and proves beyond any doubt that she has become utterly breathtaking--more beautiful than ever before in her career, even when she was at the previous peak of her popularity.

All models become more attractive when their fullness increases, but none more so than Valerie. Her face has become gorgeously round and feminine. Her skin is the epitome of peaches-and-cream fairness. Her complexion exhibits the special glow that goddesses possess when they surrender to sweet indulgence. The open neckline shows that her clavicle is wholly submerged in soft fullness. Although the shawl partly conceals her limbs, one can see a round, fleshy arm beneath the fabric. Even her forearms have become shapely and beautiful. There isn't the slightest trace of androgynous "tone" in her figure--all is feminine softness. Her expression is gentle and yielding. Even in such modest attire, this image is the most sensual of her career to date, due entirely to the opulent, unrestrained beauty that she now possesses.

A smaller scan shows how the outfit--roomy as it is--still testifies to her generous proportions. Her celebrated 49" hips enable her to present a womanly shape, even in this attire. Unmistakably, there is no slight frame beneath the shawl and the dress, but a luscious, well-fed figure--the very embodiment of Classical perfection.

When she is at her most gorgeous--as she is today--there is no rival goddess who can touch Valerie for sheer attractiveness. Indeed, she is second only to Shannon Marie as the most gorgeous model of all time. Her legions of fans have long dreamed that she would someday allow her beauty to blossom to its full potential, and that dream is now becoming a reality.

Every aficionado of the Classical ideal now earnestly, fervently hopes to see a new Valerie test, or more examples of her modelling work, at her current, ideal weight. And we enthusiastically thank Maureen for discovering this gorgeous image, and allowing us to share it with the world.

- Valerie Lefkowitz galleries
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #3
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
And we enthusiastically thank Maureen for discovering this gorgeous image

I second that. I've no doubt that if Maureen hadn't posted about it, no one would have known of its existence. Thank you!

The image is stunning - definitely a case of Valerie at her most beautiful, and that's saying something. Even though her magnificent blonde hair isn't visible, this is still a jaw-droppingly gorgeous image, just because of how delicious Valerie now appears. She is breathtaking, more so than ever before.

But what a tease - it seems a crime to keep her covered up like that, even though I realize the shawl is the point of the photo. The half-hidden, half-glimpsed view of her arms underneath the fabric is tantalizing.

I wonder how many other cases there are of beautiful images of plus-size models that none of ever ever get to see, because we never hear of them. A crochet magazine - who knew?
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #4
Emily

It's amazing how beautiful Valerie has become again. I never thought she'd surpass her look from several years ago, when she was the most popular working model, but she has. She's everything she was before, and more. She looks so relaxed and comfortable with herself, like she's finally stopped fighting herself, stopped denying herself what she wants, and is really letting herself enjoy life.

I think this is much closer to her natural body type than when she previously diminished into a too-thin size. This is the size her body wants to be -- and it looks great on her.

I wish she would do more tests now -- many more. I used to always look forward to her tests as great visual fashion advice, and now that she's curvier, what looks good on her would be a terrific style guide.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008   #5
Kaitlynn

Shame on the magazine for covering Valerie up so much. She has become GORGEOUS- more so than ever before. They could have presented the shawl in a different way, looser about the shoulders, and that would have made an even more exciting picture, especially since Valerie was sleeveless underneath. They should have put her on the cover, as a matter of fact.

I hope we see more of Valerie at her current size. She's truly stunning.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008   #6
HSG
Administrator

The latest news is that Miss Lefkowitz has been signed to Ford Toronto. (She already appears on the boards of most of the other Ford plus-size divisions.) Hopefully, this means that she will be appearing in promotions for various Canadian retailers.

At a size 18, there is no question that Valerie is the most beautiful and exciting model working in the industry today, even if her online portfolio shows absolutely none of her best work. We eagerly look forward to any of her future appearances.

It also means that Ford Toronto has developed a very impressive board, with Valerie joining Justine Legault and Liis in a remarkable assembly of talent.

Valerie's breathtaking Fashion Bug ad from last fall, in which her newfound beauty was first discovered:

- Click to view Ford Toronto portfolio

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote