Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th July 2008   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Kelsey: Seventeen Torrid ad

Every month, it seems, Seventeen magazine finds a new way to contribute to size-celebration. The July issue presented America's Next Top Model winner Whitney Thompson on the cover and in a bikini layout, and this month, fair-featured goddess Kelsey Olson headlines an attractive new Torrid ad, right near the front of the magazine.

The colour scheme is cleverly chosen (note how the different hues of the bowls play off against the pink details), and the composition is effective. But in every way, Kelsey is the centre of attention. Being the prettiest model, she is naturally placed in the middle, and as the girl with the softest figure, she alone bares her rounded arms and shapely legs for the camera. The combination of soft limbs and fair skin gives her an adorably vulernable quality, a need to be protected that the viewer finds irresistible.

But it is when we zoom in close that we see the most gorgeous aspect of this image--the fullness of Kelsey's angelic visage, with that most attractive of all facial features, the "slight rise" of a "slope towards the throat." She looks well-fed, radiant, and blissfully happy, and the viewer cannot help but feel enchanted by her beauty. The pink-coloured scarf stands out vividly alongside Kelsey's luminous, fair skin, and her blonde tresses cascade gently over her shoulders.

This campaign has so far yielded at least one more attractive image, a tiny picture of Kelsey framed by a profusion of vibrant blossoms. The cosmetics artistry is brilliant--she wears the "spun sugar" look of delicate pink embellishments that are ideal for her porcelain complexion, and the offered glimpse of her soft shoulders and neck area (with the collarbone wholly submerged) is intoxicating. A small picture, yes--but verily a glimpse of heaven.

Kelsey's pictures always dazzle the senses, and this latest campaign is no exception. We earnestly hope to see further masterpieces from this shoot.

- Click to view larger scan
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Kelsey: Seventeen Torrid ad

Needless to say, Kelsey looks amazing in that ad, and how wonderful to see her in Seventeen. I hope the magazine also features her in its editorial pages someday.

This new Torrid campaign is accompanied by an online video starring Kelsey and the other girls. Most of the camera time is devoted to Mia Tyler, but Kelsey speaks (!) at 1:12 into the video:

I believe this is the first time fans have ever gotten to hear Kelsey's voice.

I noticed that the video is described as "Episode 1," so I'm guessing that there will be further parts in this series. I hope Kelsey will get more screen time in future episodes!
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote