Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th August 2008   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Kailee: MXM Fall 2008

This campaign gets full marks for using the gorgeous Kailee O'Sullivan, but a lower score for presentation.

It's wonderful to see Miss O'Sullivan at MXM again, where she created numerous memorable promotions in past seasons. Most exciting of the new images is this one, in which Kailee wears a fitted camisole that closely embraces her gorgeous curves, particularly emphasizing her buxom allure. Kailee's expression is arresting, yet her innate prettiness softens the look, and her wavy tresses enhance the romantic appeal of the image.

Perhaps even more seductive is the following picture (despite the hat). Here the viewer sees the sensual curve of Kailee's waist. That, and the bare-shoulder top, make the image utterly captivating.

What a shame that MXM reproduced the images in black-and-white, though, as colour photographs better present Miss O'Sullivan's fair features. The MXM site does include one colour image, albeit a small one. It is very pretty, with a warm smile from Kailee.

The site also includes a video of the photoshoot; however, while videos are always exciting additions to fashion campaigns, MXM has unfortunately reproduced it at a tiny size--not even YouTube dimensions--which makes it difficult to see any detail. You can watch the video on the MXM home page (linked below). Kailee is, of course, the model in the red top.

Where the campaign loses points is in the relative scarcity of Kailee pictures. Most of the photos are of an unappealing straight-size (or at best faux-plus) model, which is disappointing to see from a retailer that used to produce admirably size-positive promotions (including an unforgettable campaign last year, starring Christina Schmidt).

Therefore, this campaign earns a mixed review for MXM; kudos for enlisting Miss O'Sullivan, but regrets for not featuring more and larger images of this attractive girl, and failing marks for resorting to faux-plus casting.

- Click here to visit MXM
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008   #2
renata

Default Re: Kailee: MXM Fall 2008

Those are lovely images of Kailee, who I really relate to. I LOVE the fact that she isn't as overly tall as most models are. Kailee reminds me a little bit of my favorite TV character, Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl (played by Leighton Meester), with her angelic face.

The video is AMAZING. I just can't believe MXM didn't make it larger. It's great to see a plus-size model in such a fun situation. It could totally be a TV commercial.

Kailee has been an inspiration to me ever since her Glamour magazine page last year. I'll never forget that.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008   #3
MelanieW

Its a pity that there havent been more images release of Kailee in the fall MXM campaign. I finally saw one more today, in a joint e-mail flyer issued by Addition-Elle and MXM.

http://addition-elle-en.custhelp.co...p?2=AEENG091708

Kailee looks absolutely lovely here, with her cute, round face and full limbs. The eye makeup stands out dramatically against her doll-like features, which soften the effect.

Kailee always has male models swooning over her in her campaigns - and I will bet thats exactly how circumstances are for her in real life. This is the true picture of voluptuous vixens, who are wildly admired by GQ-type guys, and can have anything (or anyone) they want.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008   #4
Graham

With a little digging, I turned up two more versions of that lovely Kailee pic, as part of online MXM ads. Here's a vertical rendition:

And here's a rectangular ad:

But the most notable find is this colour edition of the first pic in this thread. She looks stunning in that sleeveless camisole top. The long hair, the alluring profile pose - it's quite an exciting image.

Kailee is an incredible model with a gorgeous figure, and is maturing into an absolute goddess.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008   #5
Kaitlynn

Another Addition-Elle flyer came out today with a very pretty picture of Kailee:

http://addition-elle-en.custhelp.co...p?2=AEENG092908

Playing with her hair- that's always such a sexy, flirtatious pose, and Kailee does it soooo well.

I miss Christina Schmidt at MXM. She and Kailee modelled together so well the season that they did a joint campaign.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008   #6
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
The site also includes a video of the photoshoot; however, while videos are always exciting additions to fashion campaigns, MXM has unfortunately reproduced it at a tiny size--not even YouTube dimensions--which makes it difficult to see any detail. You can watch the video on the MXM home page (linked below). Kailee is, of course, the model in the red top.

Good news! Although that video is no longer on the MXM home page, I just discovered that it has been uploaded to YouTube. Here you can see it larger and in better quality than it was originally posted on MXM.ca:

The only shame is that there isn't even more of Kailee in it, but what there is is very beautiful.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote