The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2008: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th August 2008   #1
Maureen

Default Valerie at Lion Brand Yarn

And now, from the Lion Brand Yarn website, more Valerie!

In a violet crocheted wrap, made in a soft, sensuous yarn:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70678AD.html

Modeling a bold knitted scarf:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80021AD.html

Unfortunately for Valerie's fans, the point of photos for crafting publications is to show off the yarn and texture of the material to its best advantage. And yet, fortunately, not even an unstructured, concealing wrap or hair-confining scarf can hide Valerie's beauty.

Last edited by HSG : 25th August 2008 at 04:24. Reason: Link url edited
Maureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008   #2
Emily

Default Re: Valerie at Lion Brand Yarn

Even though she is buried in piles of yarn, Valerie still looks breathtaking. Her facial features, especially in the close-up photo, are so soft and full, yet delicate at the same time as well, which is a captivating mix. She really is at the very peak of her beauty, the most gorgeous since she was acclaimed as the loveliest of models several seasons ago -- and it's not coincidental that, at a size 18, this is the curviest she has ever been. Anyone who doubts that increased fullness also increases a goddess's beauty (in equal measure) need only look at these images of Valerie to be convinced.

And that complexion! My goodness, she simply glows. She's luminescent -- an effect that can only be achieved with the fairest skin.

Sincerest thanks to Maureen for finding these enchanting pictures. I hope the company will feature many more.

- - - -

By the way, I found that the direct URLs don't work until you register at the Lion Brand site. Once you do, the links become operational.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008   #3
M. Lopez

Valerie looks utterly radiant in these images, and the richer appearance agrees with her.

Although I do wish that what she was wearing gave a better sense of her figure, I definitely appreciate the fact that she is modelling items that are meant to be hand-made. It harkens back to a more natural age, a time before designers with fringe tastes started dictating what a woman should look like, and making women conform their bodies to the designers' warped creations.

Back when ladies sewed, knitted, or otherwise created their own outfits, the ideal of beauty was naturally full-figured, and women tailored their clothes to fit their bodies - which is how it should be. The items shown here, and in Valerie's page in Interweave Crochet magazine, are just such examples of hand-crafted artistry.

Valerie, with her timeless beauty, is the ideal model to embody that look of a better, healthier era than our own; which, I'm sure, is why Lion Brand selected her to be their breakthrough plus-size model.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008   #4
Kaitlynn

Valerie truly looks like an angel in those pictures. She has that rosy glow in her cheeks, that slight flush that women get when they're not starving themselves.

But I do wish that the outfits were a bit more revealing. There's no reason why crochet or knit garments need to be figure-disguising.

I remember a thread on this forum from a while ago about a book called Big Girl Knits, which showed images of truly full-figured models in body-embracing knitted styles.

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...hread.php?t=636

The model in the book was just as curvy as Valerie (although not as pretty), and the styles showed off her luscious shape.

Now that Lion Brand has tested the waters, I hope they feature Valerie again, and this time, allow her to make the images exciting as well as beautiful.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008   #5
MelanieW

The Lion Brand site now features the image of Valerie in a prayer shawl that appeared in Interweave Crochet magazine:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70799AD.html

(Again, you need to be registered on the site to be able to click on the direct link.)

Sadly though, Valerie is only a 16 now. I hope she doesnt diminish herself any further. These Lion Brand images, from when she was an 18, truly represent the most beautiful she has ever been.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008   #6
Maureen

Ah! How lovely Valerie is. It amazes me how well she looks in any color. Here's hoping that Lion Brand Yarn takes note of all of the visitors to Valerie's pages at their site and includes her in future design shoots.
Old 19th September 2008   #7
Maureen

The photo of Valerie in the terra cotta-colored shawl is featured in this week's Lion Brand Yarn newsletter.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/Newsletters/51479.html
Old 14th November 2008   #8
Hannah

Lion Brand just issued a new e-mail flyer today, and it includes the photo of Valerie in the knitted scarf:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/Newsletters/52169.html

I adore that picture. She has never looked more angelic. Her skin is so fair, as fair as snow, with just a hint of a flush, and her face looks so soft and pretty.

This campaign really is the most amazing presentation of Valerie's beauty, ever. The extra weight perfected her look. I only wish the site featured more pictures of her.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008   #9
Maureen

Browsing the Lion Brand Yarn site this evening, I noticed the "review pattern" feature and took the opportunity to praise the blue wrap pattern (well written and very pretty) and ask for more Valerie appearances. I realize that all reviews are subject to editorial approval, but I thought it was well worth sharing my opinion with the company. If you're registered on that site, you may do the same.