The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2009: Jaunary - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd March 2009   #1
Maureen

Default Faith 21: new junior-plus and plus line

This week, Melissa Magsaysay of the LA Times reported welcome news: a new line of junior-plus and plus size fashion from Forever 21 will hit stores this spring.

Quote:
With all the over-filled racks and massive square footage of Forever 21 stores, you would think they would offer something for everyone at their notoriously mind-boggling low prices. But even with all that merchandise, the fast-fashion chain has never addressed plus-size customers, until now.

On May 1, they will launch Faith 21, a line of clothing similar to Forever 21, but in plus sizes.

Faith 21 will offer tops, jeans, tanks, leggings and skirts in a junior plus size as well as XL, 1X and 2X. The design aesthetic follows Forever 21’s trendy take on everything from runway knockoffs to jersey basics.

As reported in yesterday’s Image section, the average American woman is a size 14, with many who rarely find cute and inspiring clothes, especially when the majority of designers don't often produce beyond a size 10.

Hopefully the Faith 21 line will deliver on style and fit.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/all...er-21-to-l.html
Maureen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009   #2
Courtney

Default Re: Faith 21: new junior-plus and plus line

For me personally this is completely thrilling news! I've always loved the clothes in Forever 21 but would always leave the store annoyed and empty-handed because of their limited size range. If Faith 21 is anything like Forever 21 there are going to be some fabulously dressed plus-size gals strutting the streets.
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009   #3
Kaitlynn

This could be good news, but it will all depend on whether or not they use attractive and genuinely full-figured models in their promotions. If they use faux-plus models, or worse if they just show the clothes hanging empty, or on straight-size models, then it will be just another example of a retailer sending out the message that they'll take curvy girls' money, but they don't want to actually see curvy girls in their clothing.

And if that's the case, then I certainly won't support this company. We'll have to see.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009   #4
jessica

The best thing about Forever 21 is that they have some lovely, inexpensive clothing. Their fashions are very often incredibly feminine, I've often wished I could find clothes there! The prints they've offered in the past are not Lane Bryant garish prints, but sweet, light florals in attractive cuts. Let's hope it's more of the same for the plus line!
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote