The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2009: Jaunary - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd April 2009   #1
Hannah

Default Kailee: MXM Summer 2009

Concurrently with the new MXM ads in the April issue of LouLou magazine, the MXM site has also posted the campaign's new pictures online.

They're the same images, but often cropped a bit differently, which is interesting to see.

The cover page is, of course, that great Old World view of Kailee as Freya, in a beautiful peasant blouse. It looks even better in this panoramic view:

Here's a close-up of that gorgeous over-the-shoulder shot. No question - this is the picture of the campaign.

Here's a clearer version of the camisole-and-skirt combination. Great photo.

I did find one image online that isn't among the LouLou ads. It's beautiful, and I really like that blouse. I hope MXM shows this image without the colour filter in the future.

I agree that the design of this top at the bust is very flattering on a voluptuous figure. I love the green background and how the sunlight catches her hair.

Close-up of the purple-dress photo:

The denim shot:

And a larger version of her tee picture:

Beautiful campaign with some pretty clothing and great scenery - and I so agree that the setting enhance the beauty of the images.

In some cases, I wish MXM had asked Kailee for softer, gentler expressions to suit the theme. But she's so pretty that she can get away with these looks too. She's as gorgeous as ever, and I hope the site will release more images from this promotion on its cover pages, etc., as it did last season - especially more figure shots.

I really wish MXM had filmed a video to go along with this campaign.

http://www.mxm.ca/

Last edited by HSG : 17th December 2009 at 15:28. Reason: Image URL edited
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009   #2
Chad

Default Re: Kailee: MXM Summer 2009

Gorgeous images of Kailee.

I found another tiny pic at the Reitmans corporate site. These is noteworthy though, because it isn't cropped as narrowly as the ad, and therefore includes more content in the image.

Notice how the image originally included a lifesize mirror. That's intriguing. Mirrors are the most exciting props that plus-size models can possibly shoot with, and this smaller but wider picture shows that a pretty magnificent mirror was part of this shoot.

I wonder if MXM will be releasing more shots from this campaign with Kailee admiring herself in that mirror? I hope so. Those would be thrilling photos.

Last edited by HSG : 17th December 2009 at 15:46. Reason: Image URL edited
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009   #3
Pippa

I thought I would add some images of Kailee from the sister line of clothing from Zizzi which did not get mentioned in the recent post on Karen Vermeiren... Zay Clothing, which feature some shots of Kailee via the Zizzi newsletter. She looks lovely although the clothing is somewhat blah... the waves through her hair are quite romantic and the expression on her face is sweet and innocent, which helps to reduce the modernity of the clothing somewhat.

- http://www.e-pages.dk/zizzi/3/ (see p.56)
Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009   #4
Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
look at how Kailee's shapely arm appears in the right-hand image (the one in the purple dress). The ad crops out the arm, which is a pity, because Kailee's limbs and shoulders are so beautiful.

The 1 Plus cover page has a larger version of that uncropped picture. I've cut and posted it here:

It's true -- MXM should have kept the full version. Bare shoulders are the best fashion accessories for a strapless dress, and Kailee's are especially beautiful. Gorgeous picture.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009   #5
M. Lopez

New Kailee cover on the MXM site today:

There's also a close-up of Kailee's beautiful "Freya" picture on the Wishlist landing page. It really is amazing how the light makes her tresses glow.

That slipping-off-the-shoulders blouse looks so seductive on Kailee. Beautiful images.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009   #6
Kaitlynn

I knew MXM would put this picture on its cover page sooner or later. It's by far the most beautiful image of the entire campaign. Kailee looks so soft and delicate and feminine here. Breathtaking.

It's a pity that the ad copy is so distracting, though. And I always wonder if the mirror that we saw in the small "widescreen" picture, above, was a part of other images in this campaign too. Was there originally a mirror to the right of this image, and that mirror was cropped out? If so, that's a real shame. If it was there originally, it would have been a fascinating element, and would have made this picture even more gorgeous.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009   #7
MelanieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
Also, notice how in the middle photo the image originally included a lifesize mirror. That's intriguing. Mirrors are the most exciting props that plus-size models can possibly shoot with, and this smaller but wider picture shows that a pretty magnificent mirror was part of this shoot.

True enough! How interesting to see that MXMs brand-new cover page shows a larger version of the mirror-included photo that Chad posted in miniature:

I love it. Besides showing us more of Kailee, this version of the photo also shows what a magnificent mirror it was - nearly as tall as Kailee herself. I wonder if there were any pictures taken showing Kailee adoring herself in it?

Beautiful photo of a gorgeous model. And that top is so flattering, showing off her buxom curves and a sensual expanse of her soft, fair skin.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009   #8
Hannah

Continuing the great-covers series, here's the latest MXM homepage featuring Kailee:

It's a close-up of the top image in this thread. Stunning, especially because it shows Kailee a bit closer. But I definitely preferred the fist version, which showed the image along with the golden field stretching out behind her. That idyllic setting adds so much to the picture, making it a window into a more beautiful world.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009   #9
Kaitlynn

Here's something interesting. When I saw the smaller, cropped version of this picture before on the MXM site, it wasn't one of my favourites from this campaign. But now seeing it on the cover page, in a larger, uncropped version, I like it so much more.

This version catches the blossoming branch in the background, and the larger view better displays Kailee's expression, which is compelling.

I'm still not crazy about the denim top, but it's a beautiful image, as all of the pictures from this amazing campaign have been.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009   #10
M. Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah
I did find one image online that isn't among the LouLou ads. It's beautiful, and I really like that blouse. I hope MXM shows this image without the colour filter in the future.

Hannah will be delighted by this week's new MXM cover image, which does show the picture without the colour overlay. That is a very pretty blouse - probably MXM's nicest offering of the season. I love the ruffles and the folkloric embroidery.

Kailee looks very soft and pretty in the image. The blouse accentuates her buxom curves and displays her fair skin. Beautiful picture.

Last edited by HSG : 20th May 2009 at 21:54. Reason: Image URL edited
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote