The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2009: Jaunary - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st June 2009   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Kelsey: Park Avenue Princess (at Torrid)

It's such a pleasure to see Kelsey Olson at Torrid again. She has always personified the Torrid generation, and in the company's new "look book" (shot by Michael Anthony) featuring New-York-inspired fashions, she shines.

The prettiest look is dubbed "Upper East Side" style, referring to the wealthiest part of Manhattan, which encompasses the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Fifth Avenue, Park Avenue. etc.. Miss Olson has always looked enchanting in pink, which plays off beautifully against her blonde tresses, baby-blue eyes, and fair complexion. The hair clip is an especially adorable accessory, and the reference to Kelsey as a "Park Avenue princess" is highly fitting. On the other hand, the sight of her buxom curves pressing open her blouse, offering a glimpse of decolletage, is a sensual touch. One imagines her as an adorably spoiled young lady, the latest heir to the old wealth of a well-bred Anglo-Saxon family, used to the finest of everything in life--the best food, the priciest diversions, and the most stylish clothing.

Click to enlarge

Kelsey's most arresting outfit in the Torrid look book is her Soho-inspired ensemble, which shows her in a passionate, sleeveless red dress. The way in which she brushes aside her hair is irresistibly alluring. The belt is wisely set high enough not to compress her opulent 39" waist, while helping to define her curves--for the model looks especially voluptuous in this outfit. One might have omitted the scarf here, for it obscures the view of her person that this dress would otherwise offer. The sheer joy that radiates from Kelsey in this picture is captivating.

Click to enlarge

Appropriately, Kelsey really lets loose when modelling this Harlem-themed look. Readers have been known to gasp audibly at the sight of the model's dazzlingly fair skin--as fair as the driven snow, as soft as that of a newborn. The gentle beauty of the model's complexion plays off against the overt sensuality of the outfit, which suggests wild abandon. Kelsey's pose, an unapologetic "look at me" presentation, a full-fledged exhibition of herself, amplifies this alluring effect. The ultra-close fit of the shorts raises the temperature of the image still further. The most important fashion accessory in this ensemble is the model's own lusciously untoned figure. But Kelsey's innate princess-like identity keeps the outfit stylishly seductive rather than vulgar. She brings to this look just the right touch of chic.

And finally, here is Kelsey in Brooklyn mode. The black tights are the most captivating element in this getup, as they define the model's sumptuous legs, and expose her soft, full calves. And note Kelsey's engaging expression--direct, yes, but still with a hint of youthful vulnerability in her eyes, a gentleness that softens her demeanour, much as her stance is assertive and self-confident.

Click to enlarge

Perhaps the most interesting way to "read" this look book is, in fact, to conceive of all four of Miss Olson's looks as belonging to the same individual. Whom we are actually seeing is the "Park Avenue princess" every time--in four of her chosen identities.

Occasionally bored with her affluent lifestyle, with non-stop shopping and dining and museum visits, she will, just for fun, dress in crimson red and venture into Soho, where the artists will fall over themselves worshipping her, inspired by her beauty like a latter day Musetta.

Or, when she craves more carnal appreciation, she will don her wildest, most figure-baring outfit and dance in a Harlem club, where she will thrive off the animalistic attractions of every male who sees her--but only teasing them, then leaving, returning to her Upper East Side penthouse, flushed with the though of all of the hearts that she has broken.

And even during a casual outing in Brooklyn, the sight of her soft, luscious legs defined by her black tights will prompt countless potential suitors to summon up the courage to approach her. And as she rejects them all, her seductive vanity increases, for she knows that in any environment, even without her Upper East Side fortune, her beauty would entitle her to anything that she could ever want, to the best that life has to offer.

Bravo to Kelsey for another masterful presentation of Timeless Beauty.

(You may click three of the above images to view them larger.)

- Torrid.com

Last edited by HSG : 25th June 2009 at 15:30.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009   #2
MelanieW

Default Re: Kelsey: Park Avenue Princess (at Torrid)

I LOVE these pictures! I really missed seeing Kelsey at Torrid. What a great "welcome home" for her. She really captures the spirit of New York in those images. And I love the idea of these showing the different identities that a girl could adopt, depending on her mood. One day she could be sweet and innocent, as in the "Upper East Side" style. Then the next day she might want to be bad, oh so bad, and for that she chooses the Harlem outfit. Kelsey is so versatile that she can do every different look totally convincingly.

Torrid has four cute Kelsey banners on its site, showing the different looks:

MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009   #3
Hannah

Default Kelsey is White Hot

The pictures in the New York lookbook are gorgeous. Kelsey and Torrid did a fantastic job. I even enjoy the Torrid text that accompanies the images. It helps to give the looks a story, a context, like a magazine editorial. Very creative and imaginative.

But you haven't seen anything yet.

Look - just look - at what I found in my Inbox today:

http://community.torrid.com/email/0...hites2_web.html

Oh my GOD. Has Kelsey ever looked that beautiful? I love the caption that comes with the picture: "White Hot."

Because let's face it - Kelsey IS hot. She just is. Especially in that stunning photo. And the way in which she's posing shows that she knows it - which makes her even more desirable.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009   #4
Chad

Default Re: Kelsey is White Hot

There are no words of praise sufficient to describe Kelsey's beauty in that "White Hot" photo. She looks like an angel descending from on high - if the good Lord allows angels to look that seductive. Her expression melts the heart. She's beyond perfect.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2009   #5
HSG
Administrator

This is another all-time masterpiece from the Torrid team, and particularly from Miss Olson. "Angel" is right, for the light seems to be falling on her from heaven, bathing her in a celestial glow. Her captivating expression is one of the model's signature looks, a look that she does better than anyone--a mixture of passion and innocence, of self-possession and vulnerability.

She looks so delicate, so gentle, so helpless and in need of protection--yet that irresistible neediness is also the source of her great power, the power to enslave the heart of anyone who gazes upon her.

And with the exquisite softness of her figure, she seems to embody femininity itself, to personify the essence of girlishness in her very being.

The way in which she is nonchalantly playing with her hair is bewitching. And her parted lips express a myriad of emotions, from surprise to invitation. The silver-heart necklace verily symbolizes the romantic feelings that she stirs in her admirers, and draws attention to her buxom curves.

And the outfit could not have been better chosen. It accentuates the impression that Kelsey creates with her soft beauty, just as she, in turn, generates the ideal demeanour to showcase this ultra-feminine attire.

The ruched bust (an ideal plus-size design) emphasizes her voluptuous contours. The closely-fitted fabric hold her figure in a loving embrace. The lace straps (it had to be lace--nothing else would do) add another feminine touch, as does the floral pattern on the skirt. And notice that the skirt is sheer. Even with the white underlay, the see-through border offers a highly suggestive glimpse of Kelsey's shapely legs.

All in all, this outfit is the perfect blend of delicate femininity and gentle sensuality--qualities that define Miss Olson herself.

Torrid also features a smaller graphic of the model promoting this new line on its site:

The smiling shot of Kelsey is also enchanting, and the outfit there--a more casual ensemble--similarly gorgeous. Notice how Kelsey appropriately adopts a more carefree demeanour to showcase this playful attire.

Brilliant work from Miss Olson and the Torrid team--particularly photographer Michael Anthony Hermogeno, whose collaborations with Kelsey consistently yield extraordinary results.

Last edited by HSG : 25th June 2009 at 13:25.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009   #6
Kaitlynn

That White Hot image absolutely takes my breath away. Kelsey is just unbelievably gorgeous. She keeps getting more beautiful- I don't know how she does it.

I see a double meaning in the phrase "white hot," which could also refer to Kelsey's snowy-white complexion. Since that is one of her most attractive characteristics, the phrase suggests that her fair skin is what makes Kelsey so hot.

And I love everything about her outfit, which is very feminine. It's a really nice ensemble from Torrid, and Kelsey makes it sheer perfection.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009   #7
renata

Default Re: Kelsey: Park Avenue Princess (at Torrid)

I've really missed seeing Kelsey at Torrid. Everything I find at their online site always looks better when she wears it. The New York lookbook is very interesting, showing how much you can change your identity by what you wear.

But that "white hot" picture is just amazing. I remember seeing Kelsey's bridal pictures for Alfred Angelo and thinking how beautiful she looked in her white gown; well, this Torrid outfit shows how to capture that special beauty of wearing white, but in a casual outfit. I love the feminine touches, like the sheer fabric and the lace. It's such a lovely image.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote