The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2010: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th February 2010   #1
Hannah

Default Re: New ChloŽ Agnew Music Video

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of the PS22 Chorus, but it's a rather famous elementary-school singing group from inner-city New York.

Chloe and her group gave PS22 a real treat a couple of days ago when they showed up at one of their practices. Chloe ended up singing her song "When You Believe" with the group, and all of the children, as well as the other members of Celtic Woman, became her backup singers.

It's an absolutely beautiful video. High points include the children chanting "Let's Go, Chloe, Let's Go!" just before they sing together, and a little girl at the bottom of the screen mouthing "Wow" at 4:57 when Chloe sings her high note.

It's such a charming video. Chloe looks like an angel among them. With the way in which the group sits together and sways in time to the music, it reminds me of the "I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing" TV commercial from the 1970s:

I definitely prefer Chloe's classical style of singing, as featured in the "L'asseza" video with the Italian tenor, but this is a cute performance.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010   #2
Graham

Default ChloŽ Agnew / Celtic Woman Videos

Chloe and her group were in Boston today promoting their forthcoming New England tour dates, and while they were there, they performed "NŪl Sť'n LŠ" on a local television station. Here's the video:

Chloe has two amazing close-ups at 01:24. Her face looks especially soft and cherubic in this video, and her hair flows over her shoulders in her trademark, princess-like way. Breathtaking.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010   #3
Emily

Default Re: ChloŽ Agnew / Celtic Woman Videos

It's St. Patrick's Day! Time to embrace the touch of Irish in all of us.

This day is especially blessed for plus-size-beauty aficionados, as many of the loveliest full-figured goddesses (e.g., Shannon Marie!) are of Irish descent.

Of course, the first person who comes to mind in all things Irish is ChloŽ Agnew, who is currently on tour throughout the U.S. with Celtic Woman, so I thought I'd share a lovely review about the group's recent concert in Pennsylvania:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...rish_tradi.html

The whole text is complimentary, but this was the passage that really struck me:

Quote:
But they are truly at their most powerful on the traditional Irish vocal material.

Agnew was stellar on a moving ďGalway Bay,Ē sung with great passion and love, and she might be the star of the four ó with a wonderfully curvaceous figure, a minx-ish but not cloying stage presence, and a richly powerful voice: She was splendid. You couldnít take your eyes off her.

All of those points are true: Chloe is a bit of a young "minx," she does have a wonderful stage presence and, of course, a richly powerful voice. Anyone who has been to a Celtic Woman concert would agree that during the show, "You couldnít take your eyes off her. "

But I found it especially wonderful to hear a reporter singling out Chloe's "wonderfully curvaceous figure" for praise.

It's so true -- her luscious, well-fed figure is exactly what distinguishes her from the other group members, and makes her the most beautiful of the ensemble by far (indeed, the loveliest soprano in the world). To hear a Judgment-of-Paris-worthy comment like that in the mainstream press, an assessment that acknowledges the superior beauty of a fuller female figure -- a rare example of size-celebration in the mass media -- is very encouraging!
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010   #4
Chad

It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without ChloŽ Agnew! Here are two new videos I discovered.

First, ChloŽ and her group, Celtic Woman, were on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning performing their song "NŪl Sť'n LŠ." This is a lively, fun rendition. Watch how ChloŽ can barely restrain herself from dancing!

And just for good measure, here's a video that Ladies' Home Journal just posted. It shows the girls performing a brief snippet of the same song, which Chloe introduces, and then the group answers a few questions.

How I wish Chloe were a plus-size model as well as a singer. Her beauty is breathtaking.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010   #5
Graham

Here are a few recent articles about Celtic Woman, with special mention of Chloe.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle...an-2114828.html

I love this passage:

Quote:
I was finally allowed to meet the softly-spoken Chloe, who looks much more beautiful in real life, briefly in a hallway. I really wanted to hug her

Here's another article with a Chloe interview. I like her comments about traditional Irish music and what it means to her:

http://www.freep.com/article/201004...-to-Irish-music

Quote:
"Irish music is so connected to our heritage and culture, where we come from," says Agnew, a buoyant and earnest personality whose enthusiasm practically pours through the phone. "You look back to our history: In the hardest times and the happiest times, Irish people turned to music. There are drinking songs. There are songs for milking the cow. Without a doubt it's in our blood.

"All the songs chosen for this show are songs that mean something to us," says Agnew. " 'Galway Bay,' which I sing in the show, is a song my mother, my grandmother, used to sing. I remember sitting on the carpet in front of the fireplace. People can feel that. It doesn't matter whether the music is in Gaelic or English, they take something away from it."

And in this article, Chloe talks about the fans' enthusiasm for their current tour:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/p...325/ENT/3250311

Quote:
ďIt never ceases to amaze us the reactions we get from the audiences,Ē Agnew said. ďThey just get bigger and better. Particularly on this leg of the tour, the audiences have just been wild. We can't sit them down at the end of the night. We can't get them out of the theater fast enough. It's been absolutely just phenomenal.Ē

ďIt's so rewarding for us to look out at the audience at the end of the night and you see people openly expressing their emotions, whether they're crying or smiling or just really enjoying themselves ó it means the world to us.Ē

She is such a charming and beautiful young lady.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010   #6
Emily

Default Re: New ChloŽ Agnew Music Video

Just wanted to share an absolutely stunning picture of Chloe from a recent Celtic Woman concert:

I like how the other singer is obscured in shadow, while Chloe is bathed in light. In that gorgeous dress, with her long, flowing tresses, she truly looks like the princess that she is.

http://photos.mlive.com/4469/galler...rena/index.html
Old 10th April 2010   #7
Kaitlynn

The newest video, aired just yesterday, finds Chloe performing "NŪl Sť'n LŠ" with Celtic Woman for a Chicago TV station.

Chloe has many cute shots throughout, but watch for an especially gorgeous close-up at 1:41.

These videos of the girls performing on various TV stations are priceless because they show Chloe in her "Ceili dress," which she wore for the Songs from the Heart DVD, but does not wear in the current tour. And that's a tragedy, because, as this video shows, she really fills out her dress in a gorgeous way! She looks far more desirable in it than any of the other performers do. She gives it a womanly shape.

It's a great colour on her too, and the rustic styling makes one think of her as a folk princess.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010   #8
Emily

Here's a video I'd like to add to this thread -- a charming little clip showing Chloe and the other Celtic Woman members receiving an award for group of the year from the Irish Music Association.

Naturally, Chloe speaks on behalf of the group in expressing thanks for the award. She looks stunning in her fitted grey gown, and her golden tresses look especially beautiful -- full and voluminous.
Old 11th May 2010   #9
MelanieW

ChloŽ fans are sure to adore this video of Miss Agnew being given a tour of the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis. Soaked in opulence, its historical beauty makes it a perfect venue for ChloŽ to perform in, since its sumptuousness harmonizes with her own rich, luxurious beauty.

ChloŽ herself looks extremely gorgeous in the video, in a lovely feminine top that shows off her curvy figure. She rivals Kelsey Olson and Shannon Marie as the most attractive plus-size goddess of all. Plus, it is such a pleasure to listen to her lyrical speaking voice, with its cute Irish lilt.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote