The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2010: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th October 2010   #1
tkds

Default Rosie Mercado on IGIGI TV

The face of Full Figured Fashion Week, the incomparably gorgeous Rosie Mercado, appears in this delightful interview by Yuliya Raquel:

For the interview, Ms. Mercado wears a flattering IGIGI dress with an asymmetric top that shows off her arms and shoulders.

The interview was filmed as part of a fashion shoot, so we can look forward to seeing more IGIGI fashions modelled by Ms. Mercado.
tkds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010   #2
Shelley

Default Re: Rosie Mercado on IGIGI TV

I find Ms. Mercado to be extremely inspiring. The Brazilians may have size-20 Mayara Russi and the Dutch may have size-22/24 Lique Fleur, but at a size 26/28 Rosie is the curviest of all.

For me, she represents true liberation. The plus-size industry doesn't seem to understand that for some women, being a size 16 or 18 is not enough. It's just not enough. They have to deprive themselves terribly to keep down to that size. But Rosie is so confident and happy with herself. She shows women that they really can eat as much as they like, and allow their figures to blossom, and be beautiful and happy at whatever size their bodies are naturally intended to be.

As a matter of fact, Igigi already features Rosie in a number of videos, including one showing her in the blue dress that she wore in the interview.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that Igigi paired her with another model. Even though Rosie completely outshines the other girl, I don't like such "comparisons." I wish she had been allowed to model on her own.

Here's the only solo video I found. She looks great and moves beautifully.

I appreciate the fact that many of the Igigi dresses are not floor length, but show off Rosie's legs. I'm not a fan of floor-length dresses except for formal functions.

I still think Marritt creatd the all-time best videos for Igigi. I'd love to see her, or Kelsey Olson, model for Igigi someday.

Here are a few more.

As I said, for me, Rosie embodies freedom. Whatever size a woman is most comfortable being, she can be gorgeous with those proportions. No woman needs to deny herself dessert, or her favorite foods, or otherwise deprive herself. Women should never feel guilty about eating; they should enjoy it, and enjoy the way they look, as Rosie does.

I'd love to see an industry where size 14, 16, 18 models represented the slimmer population, and models in the size 20s represented plus-size women. If that were the case, then there would never again be any eating disorders, no guilt about having a good appetite, and women would feel confident about the way they look.
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010   #3
Kaitlynn

It's wonderful to see Rosie Mercado in attractive, colourful dresses and to watch her model in motion. I love how energetic and delighted with herself she appears to be in the IGIGI videos. This completely shatters the woe-is-me stereotype that the media fosters of truly full-figured women, and shows that girls can be authentically plus-size and still have fun and love themselves and look terrific.

In the interview, she seems very appealing. It would be wonderful for the industry to begin using models over a size 20. Rosie is blazing a path for other girls to follow. Bravo to IGIGI for giving her this opportunity. I hope that the company will be releasing still images from her shoot as well.

What I preferred in Rosie's past shoots, though, were her more opulent hairstyles- none more sumptuous than the 'do that she wore for her Michaela Dalzell shoot. A few images from that shoot appeared in this thread several months ago:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...t=1888#post5359

But now here are a few more. This one is my favourite, with her winsome sideways glance. Her voluminous locks are like those of a princess.

http://i51.tinypic.com/70hytd.jpg

The images don't downplay her lovely figure, but relish her gorgeous curves. Also, the pretty dress and the big hair give her a very youthful, almost girlish look, which is highly appealing.

http://i53.tinypic.com/259y336.jpg

Confident arms-akimbo pose. Here you can really see the voluptuous volume of her tresses. It's an amazing look for her, and balances her generous figure much better than a straight hairstyle would.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2m5jfbs.jpg

Lovely, exotic headshot.

http://i54.tinypic.com/11w691w.jpg

Rosie is a great beauty. What a pleasure to see a client featuring a size-26/28 model. IGIGI has a size-positive history, a pro-curvy philosophy, and it redounds to their credit that they are embracing genuinely curvy girls in this manner.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010   #4
Hannah

Here's one more lovely headshot of Rosie by Michaela Dalzell. Intriguing expression - a wounded look. I love how the voluminous hair frames the face. The bare skin adds a touch of sensuality.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2llf0ie.jpg
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010   #5
M. Lopez

I just discovered one more Igigi video with Rosie - a clip that shows Yuliya describing wardrobe choices for different figure types. Yuliya outlines some of the options for Rosie's luscious shape, which she dubs a "triangle" but which I would call a "pear" (same difference).

Very good advice from Yuliya, who has an engaging camera presence. And of course Rosie looks stunning. She's a natural in front of the camera, moves beautifully, and artfully shows off her curves. It's so empowering to hear Rosie proudly described as a size 26/28, and to see Rosie acknowledge that size with a delighted grin.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote