The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2010: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th November 2010   #1
Shelley

Default Melissa King: Penningtons

I was just over at the Penningtons site and found size-18 Wilhelmina beauty Melissa King all over it! I'll share some of the images here.

Her lovely, smiling face graces the "Apparel" landing page:

This is such a pretty, romantic blouse, and it looks terrific on her curvy figure.

As this is a winter campaign, the outfits do not precisely define her figure, but this black dress suggests the attractive fullness at her waist. I love the sleeveless style.

She looks adorably wintry in this parka -- the most popular ski bunny at the chalet.

She even manages to make an "active wear" ensemble look good.

There are many smaller pictures of Melissa on the site too, if you look around. I especially admire this photograph, which does indicate her buxom curves and womanly hips.

Another very pretty blouse for holiday gatherings. Again, the sleeveless style is a winner, especially if the wearer has shapely arms, as Melissa does.

A cozy fireside look:

Melissa looks lovely with the longer hair.

This is a really attractive campaign. Bravo to Penningtons for featuring a genuinely full-figured model.

Oh, and the site also has a lookbook, in which you can see more pictures of Melissa inside, including some lovely sleepwear items on pp. 14-15:

http://www.1-plus.com/penningtons-L...57VVviewcat.htm
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010   #2
Hannah

Default Re: Melissa King: Penningtons

It's wonderful to see Melissa modelling for the Reitmans "One Plus" group again. Of course, earlier this year she appeared in what is still one of my favourite promotions ever, shooting for Addition-Elle:

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/boar...read.php?t=1843

That campaign produced what may be the most sensual and size-positive commercial lingerie photo ever created. I am still stunned by the beauty of this image:

It's so empowering to see a company using a gorgeous and legitimately full-figured model. Melissa inspires me!
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2010   #3
vargas

I especially like the last photo because it truly shows what a plus-size woman should look like in her lingerie. Too often people will airbrush and flatten a full-figured woman's waist, arms or chest to make it look as if she has no flesh or roundness to her figure. In this photo you can see the swell of her stomach come ever so slightly over the bottom piece. This is perfectly normal and how a size 16+ woman should look when wearing something like this. Kudos to Reitmans.
vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010   #4
MelanieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley
I especially admire this photograph, which does indicate her buxom curves and womanly hips.

Yes, that is definitely the most size-positive picture of this particular season, although nothing can match the amazing lingerie image that Addition-Elle produced with Melissa, which Hannah posted. A perfect depiction of plus-size beauty.

I received a copy of the new Penningtons flyer with my newspaper today, and Melissa is on the cover (the same image which appears are the current cover image of the Penningtons site):

http://www.1-plus.com/Current-Flyer...27VVviewcat.htm
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010   #5
M. Lopez

Penningtons has just released a new series of images of gorgeous and truly curvaceous plus-size model Melissa King in sleepwear, and I must say, these are by far the finest images of the company's current campaign.

Not only does Melissa look more visibly full-figured in these pictures, but also energetic and vivacious. You really get a sense of how much delight she feels in her own curvy figure. This image, for example, celebrates her buxom contours and indicates her womanly hips and thighs. The berry colour looks great on her. No starving Victoria's Secret waif would look half as good in her skimpy lingerie as Melissa does in this comfortable, cozy sleepwear, simply because her figure is so luscious.

"You're on my wish list" reads Melissa's top in this picture. I'm certain that the desire for a vixen as voluptuous as this would top would every guy's wish list.

Even in the loosest style, Melissa still looks beautiful.

Melissa is also in rotation on the Penningtons cover page, in a picture that is sure to draw in countless readers to the site.

Here's the link to the sleepwear section on the Penningtons site. Bravo to this company for enlisting the services of a gorgeous and genuinely full-figured model rather than a faux-plus girl.

http://www.1-plus.com/penningtons-P...01VVviewcat.htm
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010   #6
Kaitlynn

The latest Penningtons flyer focusses on sleepwear and features Melissa on the cover:

http://www.1-plus.com/Current-Flyer...27VVviewcat.htm

In addition to the pictures that M. Lopez posted, the flyer also includes this seductive photo of Mrs. King in passionate red. She looks lavishly buxom here, and the image exhibits her womanly hips.

There's even a slight suggestion of a curve at the waist. For Penningtons, which has traditionally been a tad more conservative than Addition-Elle, this has been a strong campaign. Much applause.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote