The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2010: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2010   #1
Hannah

Default Kelsi Remnant - ''Miss Extralicious''

Keeping in mind a thread that was posted on this forum a couple of months ago about a lovely New Zealand model, I was intrigued to read an article earlier today about a plus-size modelling contest that was held in Wellington, New Zealand, sponsored by a local radio station.

The contest was called "Miss Extralicious," a name that I found quite delightful, bringing together the ideas "extra" and "delicious," which are enticing terms to describe plus-size beauty.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...ss-Extralicious

The rationale for the contest was certainly positive:

Quote:
The timing for Miss Extralicious could not be more perfect, nor is it a coincidence.

It is part of a worldwide movement currently being driven by consumers - women who are fed up living in a schizophrenic society that subscribes to trash mag theories that itís best to be thin and praise as well as criticise celebrities for being too f**.

Itís no wonder so many of us have a distorted view of ourselves when it comes to looking in the mirror.

It comes as no surprise that the competition was such a success. Sixty-five per cent of New Zealand women are believed to be a size 16 or bigger, with the average dress size 14 to 16.

According to a report by trend forecaster WGSN plus size fashion is continuing to outgrow mainstream fashion.

The demand for size 14 to 16 models is rising and Clyne Management has already expressed interest in representing the Miss Extralicious finalists.

But what really caught my attention was one of those Miss Extralicious finalists - specifically the first runner up, whose name, the article indicates, is Kelsi Remnant. She is the extra-delicious blonde who appears in the centre of the image that accompanies the article:

Isn't she adorable? Such a sweet, pretty look. She reminds me a bit of Chloe Agnew in her hairstyle, and has touches of each of this site's beloved fair-haired angels (Shannon, Kelsey, Katherine). Definitely an embodiment of timeless beauty.

According to the article, Kelsi is a 17-year-old resident of Wellington, and a size 16. I hope that she does get representation with Clyne Management, as the article suggests might happen, and that she achieves a career as a plus-size model. It would be nice to have some New Zealand girls join the worldwide pantheon of goddesses.

Last edited by HSG : 10th May 2012 at 22:02.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010   #2
Meredith

Default Re: Kelsi Remnant - ''Miss Extralicious''

Kelsi Remnant is so pretty!

The contest was organized by ZM 91.0. The station's page has a Web site which features image galleries of the semi-finalists, finalists, and of the final show where the winners were announced.

http://www.zmonline.co.nz/msxtralicious/default.aspx

Here are a few of the photos featuring Kelsi. First, her cute headshot:

Next, my favourite picture. She looks so adorable on the runway, and crucially she is a true plus-size model. Gorgeous legs:

Apparently the girls were interviewed at one point, so Kelsi's fine showing means that she likely is well-spoken as well as very attractive.

Showing off another outfit on the runway:

And here, in a third look, she appears to be coming to receive her runner-up bouquet, looking absolutely delighted -- and delightful.

I have to applaud the organizers of this contest for recognizing girls who are both young and legitimately full-figured. The wardrobe was youthful and curve-appreciative. Kelsi is a real beauty, and I hope we see more of her.

Last edited by HSG : 15th December 2010 at 12:45. Reason: URL edited
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote