The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th January 2011   #1
M. Lopez

Default Barbara at CJ Banks in 2011

I've been perennially delighted that C.J. Banks continues to feature Barbara Brickner in its advertising, but a bit disappointed that the images aren't always especially creative.

For Valentine's Day, though, C.J. Banks has come out of its shell, producing a very romantic image of Barbara.

Isn't it lovely? She's holding a handful of rose petals in her hand and blowing them at the viewer. The caption reads, "Be mine," and I'm sure that the model's male admirers have dreamed for years of having her say those words to them. "Love at first sight" - yes, I'm sure that this perfectly expresses the feeling that many viewers will have upon seeing this picture.

Here's the source page:

http://view.ed4.net/v/2690VVZ/9Z37W...87546&csu=72688

Just for fun, here's another e-mail ad that C.J. Banks released a week ago:

And this one - really quite beautiful - came out just before Christmas:

Barbara also appears on the current C.J. Banks cover, and in the "outfits" section:

http://www.cjbanks.com/family/index...Id=3046354&pg=1

I really love the Valentine's Day ad, and I hope that C.J. Banks will continue to invoke a little creativity in its future promotions. It has as its face one of the most gorgeous models of all time. They could so do much with her...
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011   #2
Pamela

Default Re: Barbara for Valentine's Day (CJ Banks)

The current CJ Banks cover page shows a really gorgeous headshot of Barbara Brickner. She has always been one of my favourite models, and seeing her here gives me a feeling of joy, the same kind of joy that she herself is expressing.

Barbara was also on the site's previous cover. I don't care for the sweater, but this is a dramatically beautiful look.

Say what one will about the company's fashions, but just by featuring Mrs. Brickner in its advertising, CJ Banks keeps me coming back and observing its site.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011   #3
Hannah

Default Re: Barbara at CJ Banks in 2011

Spring has sprung at CJ Banks, and the company now features a host of new images of Barbara on its landing pages.

I love this mischievous smile.

Joyful and life-affirming.

Barbara has always been brilliant at modelling skirts. With her gift for movement, she lets them flare out. Beautiful effect.

Another wonderful smile.

Barbara also appeared in an e-mail ad that the company released just yesterday.

Gorgeous pictures all around.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011   #4
Meredith

Really lovely new image of Barbara on the C.J. Banks cover page:

Her beauty is immortal.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #5
Pamela

Here's another lovely CJ Banks ad that I received featuring Barbara:

The company's current cover page also shows her looking beautiful.

She has a knack for twirling a skirt that's very eye-catching.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011   #6
Emily

Most of the images that C.J. Banks shoots with Barbara are lovely, but fairly straightforward, apart from the Valentine's Day masterpiece at the top of this thread.

Earlier today, however, I received a flyer from the company that featured a dramatic and especially gorgeous photograph of Barbara. If I hadn't known that it was for C.J. Banks, I would have thought that it was a stylish test photo. Mrs. Brickner looks tastefully chic and alluring here, covered in jewellery, the opulence of which matches the richness of her figure. The fact that she's wearing a sleeveless item makes the image sensual, and Barbara's expression is a captivating mixture of delight and mischief. She looks very glamorous here.

This is one of my favourite photos from this model/client pairing. It just goes to show how important it is for plus-size labels to use stunning goddesses like Barbara. It means that when they do have the opportunity to shoot a creative image, such as this one, the results are breathtaking.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011   #7
Kaitlynn

C.J. Banks is currently running a beautiful cover image of Barbara, which I thought I'd share:

Such a pretty skirt, and I love the way she moves to give it extra "flounce".
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011   #8
Kaitlynn

C.J. Banks released a lovely headshot of Barbara in a new flyer yesterday. She is eternally beautiful. I like this image because it shows her with an uncommonly fair complexion. It's a very pretty look for Barbara.

Also, I don't think anyone has yet posted the spring "outfits" at C.J. Banks. These will probably soon be replaced by summer offerings, but here they are. They can all be found on the following page:

http://www.cjbanks.com/family/index...046354&view=all

Most of these looks are too venerable for my taste, but I do like the skirt in the top-right photo, especially the way Barbara models it.

Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote