The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2011   #1
Kaitlynn

Default FFFWeek 2011

FFFWeek opened up model submissions today, and I'm delighted to see that the size standards have not gone down:

http://fffweek.com/2011/index.php?p=model-reg

Size 14 is still the absolute minimum size for models participating in this event- as it should be, as that is the smallest size of an actual plus-size model:

Quote:
- Minimum height- 5'7" without heels (if you are a plus petite model, you are encouraged to submit but your weight MUST be proportionate to your height. First consideration will be given to models who are at least 5'7")
- Dress sizes between 14-22
- Runway experience is mandatory.
- Able to attend at least one fitting in New York City (fittings will be scheduled approximately 2 weeks before the show)
- If you live outside of the state of New York, you must submit a video clip of your runway ability to us via YouTube.com. See video submission instructions below

The link provides the detailed submission requirements. I'm also happy to see that sizes up to 22 and included, and indeed it would be wonderful to see some size 22s on the runway. Rosie Mercado at a size 28 walked in FFFWeek in L.A., and I hope that the designers will make a special exception for her again in this show.

And speaking of Rosie, the latest Face of FFFWeek competition is also up:

http://fffweek.com/2011/index.php?p=the-face

I can't imagine that there could ever be another "face" of the event as revolutionary and gorgeous as Rosie, but we'll see.

Past FFFWeeks have featured plus-size goddesses Katherine Roll, Lindsey Garbelman, Kailee O'Sullivan, etc., so I hope that this year's event will feature some Judgment of Paris favourites as well.

Bravo to FFFWeek for continuing to require plus-size models to be actually plus size!
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011   #2
Hannah

Default Re: FFFWeek 2011: Size 14-22

I just thought I'd bump this thread, because the model registration ends soon (this Friday, so Thursday is the last day to register), and I hope that some Judgment of Paris favourites will be walking in the show, as Katherine, Lindsey, and Kailee have in the past.

FFFWeek also has positions open for volunteers, for those who live in the NYC region. And of course, the Face of FFFWeek contest is still on too.

This is the most unambiguously size-positive event in the industry. I always look forward eagerly to seeing what fashions head down the runway, and which girls model them.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011   #3
Pamela

I just thought I'd mention that a tentative schedule for FFFWeek has now been posted. Tickets are not yet available, but the list of events looks intriguing:

http://fffweek.com/2011/?p=schedule

The grand finale is at the Metropolitan Pavilion a beautiful-looking site that, I'm sure, will give the final runway show a stunning backdrop.

The show takes place Saturday, June 18th. Mark your calendars...
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011   #4
M. Lopez

As some of you may have seen, FFFWeek now has an official Web log called "The Exposed Seam." It's well worth following, to keep up to date on all of the exciting developments that are going on regarding the event.

http://tes.fffweek.com/

The newest post at TES includes something terribly exciting - video of the audition process for the models.

Watch at 0:44, when the very first auditioning model is shown. Unless I'm much mistaken, That's Kelsey Olson (!). She looks gorgeous, and walks smoothly, fluidly, and with so much confidence, and without any extraneous motions.

Can you imagine if Kelsey were to walk at FFFWeek? It would be the most exciting development I could imagine!

Also, it's worth listening what the casting director, Sharon Quinn, says toward the end of the video. She talks about the importance of FFFWeek, how it's "something that's been necessary in our community for...30 years." Truer words were never spoken.

And if the prospects of this audition video are any indication, it just keeps getting better!
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011   #5
MelanieW

Default Re: FFFWeek 2011

At last! Tickets for Full-Figured Fashion Week 2011 are now available. All of them can be purchased online from this page:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1575090137

The "Semi-Formal Finale Runway Fashion Show, Awards Ceremony & Afterparty" is, of course, the big event, the must-see show. But many of the other items are also interesting. Follow the link that Pamela posted, two messages above, to see what each item entails.

This years incarnation promises to have the most exciting models and fashions ever. It is not to be missed!
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011   #6
Hannah

Of the various events that are scheduled for FFFWeek, the one that really matters is, of course, the final runway show on Saturday night, which will feature some of the most gorgeous plus-size models of all time.

But I have to say, the most recently added event, the evening cruise around New York Harbour, gets points for style and originality:

For anyone who is in the New York area on the Thursday, I imagine that there won't be a more interesting way to spend the evening. And notice the specification: "white on white."

The option of purchasing tickets for the cruise has now been added to the ticket page:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1575090137
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011   #7
Pamela

Here's an important bit of information for everyone who is planning to attend Full-Figured Fashion Week. The venues for the Friday- and Saturday-evening events have been changed. In particular, the runway showcase finale has been moved from the Metropolitan Pavilion to the Marriott Marquis hotel in Times Square. Very centrally located, and it has a number of interesting features, including a revolving restaurant up top.

Quote:
The Marriott Marquis
1535 Broadway (corner of 45th Street, Times Square area)
WESTSIDE BALLROOM (5th Floor)
New York, NY 10036

This page offers a 360-degree view of the ballroom as it looks for conferences. I can only imagine how much more decorative it will be for the runway show.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/phot...9&stop_mobi=yes

As the page describes:

Quote:
The Westside Ballroom is an ideal venue for hosting conferences and large meetings. Comprised of 22,568 square feet of space, this is our Midtown Manhattan hotel's largest event venue. Complete with a stage and separate upper level for audiovisual teams or extra seating.

The pictures from last year's New York runway finale showed that the venue was evocatively lit and had a splendidly long runway. I'm sure that this year's event will be amazing!
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote