Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st June 2011   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Kelsey Olson: Queen Grace

Get ready for something new and exciting in plus-size beauty.

Full-Figured Fashion Week is now just two weeks away, and one of the lines that will be appearing in FFFWeek's grand runway finale on Saturday, June 18th is a brand-new collection called Queen Grace.

For a marque displaying such aristocratic Old World elegance, Queen Grace has fittingly chosen as its official face (and figure) the reigning princess of plus-size modelling, the gorgeous Kelsey Olson.

That's right: rather than selecting a mere faux-plus commoner, Queen Grace has awarded its crown to a stunning size-16 goddess. Although the Queen Grace catalogue has not yet been published, the company has released two behind-the-scenes images from its inaugural photoshoot to tantalize the subjects of the realm, and they show Miss Olson looking truly regal.

Click to enlarge

In her first look, Kelsey appears in an exquisite lace gown, one that gives her a sophisticated presence. The model's poise and, yes, grace, accentuate the luxuriousness of this posh item. The plunging neckline introduces an element of buxom sensuality, making the wearer appear intensely desirable. No underweight model could endow this outfit with such voluptuous richness. The model's golden tresses are sculpted into a chic updo, while her angelic facial features add youth and softness to the overall effect.

Click to enlarge

The second item, while still elegant and classy, offers a bolder sensuality, with its abbreviated length and generous decolletage. Again, the model's opulent curves form the garment into a seductive, womanly shape. Appropriately, Kelsey's pose in this dress is more vivacious, a saucier bearing that nevertheless avoids aggressiveness and instead creates a deliciously flirtatious persona.

Click to enlarge

The Queen Grace designs are clearly intended to celebrate the luscious curves of a shapely goddess, as Miss Olson so ably demonstrates. The eye-catching length of the dress bares the model's soft, shapely legs, perhaps the most attractive limbs of any model working today, and the neckline alluringly exhibits Kelsey's buxom contours. The model's neck area is smoothly rounded, unbroken by a visible clavicle. Even with the panel at the Kelsey's midsection, one senses the sensual fullness of her waist. The lacy fabric is romantic and feminine. This is truly a dress fit for a queen.

Click to enlarge

All hail the royal household: Princess Kelsey and Queen Grace. This gorgeous model was indisputably born to the purple, and the styles crafted by Marina Zelner, the Queen Grace designer, adorn Kelsey's well-fed beauty in regal fashion, just as they would beautify the curvaceous physique of every opulently proportioned goddess.

Be sure to visit the Queen Grace site linked below to learn more about the line and its designer (whose pretty face appears on the cover page).

We eagerly look forward to the launch of the Queen Grace collection at Full-Figured Fashion Week, where, rumour has it, Kelsey herself will take to the runway to showcase these aristocratic fashions. All those who worship at the throne of plus-size beauty should attend, in order to gaze upon such majestic beauty with their own eyes.

- Click here to visit Queen Grace

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011   #2
Meredith

Default Re: Kelsey Olson: Queen Grace

Kelsey's pictures for Queen Grace are so beautiful that they could convert anyone into a monarchist! She is regal and resplendent, tastefully seductive, but she also has that youthful freshness and soft innocence which involves the viewer. Plus, she has a gorgeous, gorgeous figure.

Also, I love the designs. The Queen Grace site features a number of sketches of the forthcoming line, all of which are attractive and stylish, but no drawing can compare to seeing the outfits on a stunning plus-size model. Kelsey's figure and her poses bring the dresses to life.

With the lacy fabric and the seductive decolletage, I definitely discerned the Old World quality in the Queen Grace designer's line. And no wonder, because Marina Zelner is, in fact, European, as her intriguing bio on the Queen Grace site states:

Quote:
Zelner, a full-figured stylist, is a successful entrepreneur with a European background...

A native of St. Petersburg, Russia, Marina Zelner immigrated to the United States in 1988 to escape religious persecution.

The latter point indicates another way in which the designer and her model have something in common, because in the second part of the Kelsey Olson interview on the Judgment of Paris, Kelsey mentioned that her mother's side of the family is German by way of Russia:

Quote:
“What’s your ethnic background?” I queried, still thinking of those flaxen tresses. “Olson sounds Anglo-Saxon, but your mother’s maiden name is Germanic, yes?”

“Yeah, my dad’s side is Danish” [Kelsey replied].

“Danish,” I exclaimed. So that was the secret to her Nordic look.

“And then my mother’s side is German-Russian, so Catherine the Great, you know, the movement of the Germans to Russia,” [Kelsey added].

“Yes!” The story of how Catherine the Great invited German settlers to come to Russia in the 18th century, where they lived for generations, was very well known to me, but I was impressed that Kelsey knew it too, and thrilled that she had such a fascinating lineage.

“Yeah, that’s my family,” she informed me. “Escaped that war, and—”

“That’s so exciting.”

“Yeah, so it’s big Vikings and Germans and Russians, resulting in this big, white lady,” she said with a chuckle.

Kelsey is more beautiful than ever, and these styles look chic and sexy. I can't wait to see more from this photoshoot with Kelsey modelling the rest of the Queen Grace line.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011   #3
Emily

I have never before seen Kelsey look so refined. Yet she doesn't sacrifice her femininity or gentle softness to create this elegance, but melds youth with stateliness to achieve a vigorous, full-bodied splendour.

Even as behind-the-scenes snapshots, these photographs are gorgeous. The catalogue is sure to be absolutely stunning, and the fashions are sensual and sophisticated. I can't wait to see the photos of Kelsey in FFFWeek.

Also, I love the name of the line. It serves as a reminder that full-figured feminine beauty was an aristocratic ideal, as was the entire Western beauty aesthetic in all of the arts, one which held sway until the nobility was displaced in the 20th century. But the public still yearns for that queenly vision of beauty, and Kelsey's images for this line are a wonderful expression of how the timeless ideal can be restored in the present day.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011   #4
Graham

You know, good as the Vogue Italia cover and editorial were, I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the results of this shoot even more. The Vogue editorial and cover relied on lighting, hairstyling, makeup, etc. to achieve its effect. But as a model, Kelsey is FAR more gorgeous than any of those girls. She has a figure that's more luscious and curvaceous than Tara Lynn's, and facial features that are softer, more angelic, and prettier than Candice's. Plus, whereas Vogue needed to put its models in various states of undress to realize its effect, Kelsey achieves even more tasteful yet high-temperature sensuality with a fitted lace dress.

She deservedly wears the crown.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011   #5
Pamela

As recently noted, Queen Grace has now, at long last, released images of its forthcoming fall collection online. You can see the whole series online at the Queen Grace site by clicking on the "Fall 2011 Collection" link, from the cover page:

http://www.queengrace.com/

Here are the 11 items currently listed, although the QG site also identifies style numbers, fabric, etc., so it should be consulted as well.

Nina Blouse, Kathryn Skirt -- I love the ruffles at the neck and the close fit of the skirt. I could see it in a professional environment, but the skirt shows off a daring bit of leg, so it has evening sass too.

Rony Blouse, Eva Skirt -- Purple is, of course, the royal colour, which is perfect for a collection called Queen Grace. I adore how fair Kelsey appears in these images. The skirt accentuates natural details of her figure, like the slight curve at her middle.

Evelyn Dress -- This item is a little more assertive and contemporary, so Kelsey, fittingly, wears a bold red lip colour to show it off, and her stance has a lot of attitude.

Elise Dress -- I love how Kelsey creates a different persona depending on the nature of each garment. In this lace dress, she becomes more princess-like, softer and more traditionally feminine. This is the item that Katherine Roll wore on the runway at FFFWeek, to so much acclaim.

Larisa Dress -- This item is fascinating for the asymmetrical ribbing. I love how Kelsey's pose, with her outstretched arm, seems to cleverly echo the lines in the dress. Of all of the Queen Grace items, this one is the most seductive from the reverse view.

Zina Dress -- This was the item featured in the second behind-the-scenes photo from the Queen Grace catalogue shoot, as shown in the first post in this thread. Again, the purple hue gives it the look of royalty, and lace is traditionally feminine. Yet the deep V neckline makes it extremely alluring.

Grace Dress -- The leather look of the fabric gives it a hint of danger. In this outfit, I think of Kelsey as a silver-screen vixen, a bad girl with a good-girl look; the ultimate femme fatale. Any curvy girl in this dress would experience a similar feeling of self-satisfaction.

Lana Dress -- In this body-hugging dress, Kelsey looks most sinful of all. "Lana" must surely refer to Lana Turner, the most dangerous blonde beauty of her day. The tight, perfect fit of this dress accentuates Kelsey's womanly hips. Or is it her curvaceous hips that give the dress its sexy shape? In fact, the two go hand in hand: the body and the dress go together perfectly, creating the most alluring contours. It's just as seductive from the reverse view.

Victoria Dress -- So very, very pretty. And so right that Kelsey should take on her softer expression for this item. It's the most traditional of the Queen Grace outfits, yet also, interestingly, the most youthful, for it reminds me of dresses that young girls from noble or wealthy backgrounds would wear. Very classy and becoming.

Elena Dress -- The most architectural of the Queen Grace dresses, a real departure. Yet on Kelsey, it looks gorgeous. Her body doesn't consign the dress to an angular look, but shapes into into a pleasing, curvaceous form. Oh, how her blue eyes radiate, even in this diminutive picture. They play off against her blonde tresses so prettily, like sapphires. The lighter colour of the grey fabric sets them off.

Mae Dress -- Here it is: the show-stopper, the crown jewel, the Mae West gown, which appeared in the first behind-the-scenes photo, and which Kelsey wore at the FFFWeek show. It definitely deserves to be the climax of the collection. It's so regal, with the lace, but also extremely alluring, with the deep décolletage and the body-conscious fit, which defines Kelsey's perfect curves. Stunning in this photo, and even more stunning on the runway.

What a fantastic, unsurpassable collection. The Queen Grace items are like Kelsey herself: able to reconcile sexiness with sophistication. I can't wait for this line to be released.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote