The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th July 2011   #1
Kaitlynn

Default Sophie Sheppard in Vogue Italia

I'm sure that many of us thought that Vogue Italia would never again do anything as exciting as it did in its last issue, by featuring three plus-size models.

Well, as a matter of fact, for the July issue, Vogue Italia has done something even more thrilling: it has given gorgeous Australian plus-size model Sophie Sheppard (who has been getting so much attention at the Judgment of Paris for the past few months, with a gallery and inclusion on the survey page) a four-page editorial!

Here's the news, as posted on the Vogue Italia site, along with the four pages.

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-curvy/...sophie-sheppard

Perhaps the magazine could have given her a more colourful editorial and more visibly showcased her stunning figure. (How I wish that she had been photographed in lingerie, as were last month's models!) But nevertheless, she looks absolutely breathtaking, and very curvy.

Here are her four pages, with links to the full-size versions below each.

http://i52.tinypic.com/29b258y.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/123mjkh.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vll06f.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/bdpbnb.jpg

The magazine also printed this interesting comp card for Sophie:

http://images.vogue.it/imgs/galleri...26630_0x745.jpg

But wait, there's more! The page also comes with a brief interview with Sophie. The whole Q&A is a must-read at the Vogue Italia site, but here are a few choice excerpts:

Quote:
Name
Sophie Sheppard.

About her
I was born in Perth, in Western Australia. Im 21 and I work for Milk Management in London.

Favourite designer
...Its not so much the designer, Chanel or otherwise: its about whats right for me or my figure, how much you feel comfortable and happy in the clothes.

Favourite dress
I like clothes that I can do anything in and still feel comfortable, because they enhance my figure: thats why its one of my favourites.

Style icon
I adore Kate Winslet and Scarlett Johansson. Theyre fantastic and extraordinary and they really know how to dress for their shape: theyre curvy. They show off their curves and Im always getting new ideas from them.

Favourite food
My favourite food is chocolate.

Favourite film
I like romantic comedies. Im a massive fan of films like The Notebook by Nick Cassavetes and Titanic by James Cameron. I like enjoyable comedies a lot you always know how theyre going to end, but you get involved anyway.

I like her even more, now that I've read this interview! Best of all, I adore the fact that she says that her favourite food is chocolate. That's such a wonderful thing for a gorgeous and genuinely full-figured plus-size model to say! I also love the fact that she talks about "enhancing her figure" when it comes to her style sense, and that she loves curvy actresses who "show off" their bodies.

She loves eating chocolate, and she loves showing off her 38-36-48 figure. Could she be more perfect?

Yes! Because the very best part of the Vogue Italia feature is the VIDEO. It's a must see. Sophie, dressed in red, looks much curvier in the video than in the black-and-white magazine tears, and she displays a luscious curve under her chin. Plus, the video includes the moment when Sophie acknowledges that her favourite food is chocolate.

Sophie is even more beautiful than I thought she was, and even more delightful as a person. One of the most gorgeous and promising plus-size models in the world- without a doubt. I just pray that she keeps her stunning, womanly curves, and never diminishes herself.

Bravo to Vogue Italia for making such a splendid model choice.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011   #2
Pamela

Default Re: Sophie Sheppard in Vogue Italia (!)

The Vogue Italia video is now also available on YouTube. It's even viewable in HD.

What a delightful video. Sophie is breathtakingly beautiful. Even among the world's most gorgeous plus-size models, as celebrated on this site, she is clearly one of the most gorgeous of all. But what's so wonderful about Sophie is that she does look legitimately full-figured. This video shows off her sumptuous curves better than any picture ever has (so far).

Her way of speaking has a bit of Australian and a bit of British about it. She's very eloquent, and exudes class. She mentions Kate Winslet, and in fact, in her manner, she reminds me a bit of a young Kate Winslet or Sophia Myles.

I hope that Sophie will be the breakthrough model who finally shatters the faux-plus standard that prevails in so many European countries (e.g., the U.K., Germany, Italy) and teaches the Europeans to embrace truly full-figured models. No one could possibly deny her dazzling beauty. I agree with Kaitlynn: the most important thing is that no one tries to diminish her soft, goddesslike figure, and that she remains so opulently and subversively curvaceous.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011   #3
MelanieW

Vogue Italia is truly supporting the aesthetic restoration. I have a fourth credit to award them for this endeavour. In addition to giving Sophie an editorial layout, a text interview, and a video, now a graphic showing her lovely face currently appears in rotation on the Vogue Italia cover page. Not just the "Vogue Curvy" section of the site; no, the main page of the whole web domain.

Here is a screen capture, with a link to the full-size version.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s963pk.jpg

What a beautiful photo - especially in colour. With her long blonde hair, she is truly angelic. She looks chic and sophisticated. The visible appearance of soft fullness in her face makes her resemble a beauty out of the 19th century, yet her attire and her bearing are contemporary.

Surely this is most beautiful cover image that any site named "Vogue" has ever had!

Something wonderful is happening at Vogue Italia. By featuring one of the worlds most beautiful and popular plus-size models, it is showing its genuine commitment to size celebration.

See the cover at the Vogue Italia site:

http://www.vogue.it/en
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011   #4
Meredith

Sophie looks heavenly in the video -- so soft, so fair, so full-figured. She is one of those very rare, definitive embodiments of timeless beauty, like Kelsey Olson, Katherine Roll, Shannon Marie. Her presence is very contemporary, but her beauty comes right out of the Victorian Era, or the Baroque, or Classical Antiquity, to challenge the modern standard and to show the superiority of the traditional feminine ideal.

Interestingly, Sophie is not just the most beautiful model on the Milk Management board, but also the curviest. Imagine that: the model who earned the editorial layout in Vogue Italia is the one with the most generous proportions, the one who is fullest-figured, rather than any of the faux-plus models.

This will, I hope, send positive reverberations throughout the industry. Agents may now think twice before badgering plus-size models to starve themselves "for the sake of their careers." Those models will remember Vogue's commendable decision to favour a fuller-figured plus-size model over countless skinnier choices, and realize that they do NOT need to diminish themselves to be successful.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011   #5
Hannah

At Miss Sheppard's British agency, Milk Management, Sophie's appearance in Vogue Italia is rightly the top news on the agency web log:

A screen capture:

http://i55.tinypic.com/alnds9.jpg

The text reads:

Quote:
How's this for a first job? Size-18 Sophie bagged a shoot with the amazing Italian Vogue as her first booking with Milk Management. Keep an eye out for this lovely lady, because with booking like this we're certain you'll be seeing a lot more from her!

A U.K. size 18 is a U.S. size 16, and she looks it. Sophie is legitimately full-figured and completely dazzling. I can't wait to see "a lot more from her," as Milk Management promises!

Here's the listing:

http://www.milkmanagement.co.uk/hom...ct=Bella+Italia
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011   #6
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: Sophie Sheppard in Vogue Italia

With the release of this video, Sophie Sheppard cements her status as one of the most gorgeous plus-size models of all time, joining the ranks of Shannon Marie, Katherine Roll, and Kelsey Olson among the very embodiments of timeless beauty.

This video also marks a singular success for Vogue Italia, for never before would one have believed that any publication with the title Vogue could produce such an ideal expression of traditional loveliness. One must go all the way back to the days of Sophie Dahl and Sara Morrison to find any comparable example of true, feminine beauty under a Vogue masthead. But Miss Sheppard is prettier than Sara Morrison ever was. Could she even be more beautiful than Sophie Dahl at her curvy best? Possibly so. Miss Sheppard unquestionably has the softer, richer, more attractive figure.

Until now, one might reasonably have assumed that the so-called "high" fashion industry could never grasp the spirit of size celebration, due to the essential disparity between traditional beauty and the modern aesthetic. Other examples of plus-size models in elite fashion glossies have ranged from disappointing (faux-plus models) to offensive (vulgarity and shock-value gimmickry). But with its "Belle Vere" issue last month, Vogue Italia demonstrated that it has a better understanding of classical beauty than any other publication with the name Vogue in the title. And now, with this shoot--and especially with this video--Vogue Italia has proven that it can recapture the timeless ideal of beauty and bring it to life. Sophie Sheppard is fuller-figured and more gorgeous than the girls in the "Belle Vere" issue, and, as the screen captures from this video demonstrate, the magazine did not hesitate in celebrating the untoned, feminine fullness of her physique.

One of the reasons why we enjoy Vogue's videos so much is that they comprise an entire fashion magazine unto themselves, just waiting to be pulled into dozens of individual tear sheets (in the form of screen caps). One can find countless images in Vogue's videos that are even more beautiful than the magazine's published pages.

The Sophie video begins with some lovely preparatory shots which introduce us to the model.

Click to enlarge

True goddesses look ravishing even while they are being beautified. Sophie exhibits the epitome of a peaches-and-cream complexion, while her aristocratic bearing plays off against the youthfulness of her look. Though she may only be 21, she has a sophistication well beyond her years.

Click to enlarge

Miss Sheppard's long, golden tresses provide the Vogue stylists with endless possibilities for fetching looks, one of our favourites being this well-tousled arrangement, with her thick locks falling over half her face while she gazes askance with adorably suppressed exasperation.

Click to enlarge

The video intercuts the shooting of Miss Sheppard's print editorial with footage of a highly enjoyable interview, from which the content of Vogue's online profile of the model was drawn.

Click to enlarge

Sophie looks gorgeous in her red sweater, displaying a sensual curve under her chin and, at her middle, a hint of soft fullness, which her sweater acknowledges.

Click to enlarge

The colour red is shoot's leitmotif, with Sophie appearing in numerous pieces in Vogue Italia's official scarlet hue. It is as if the magazine were adopting the model as part of its own personal talent pool--and we hope that Vogue will, in fact, feature her in many future projects.

Click to enlarge

Miss Sheppeard's enchanting beauty is vividly apparent in her interview footage, with her lovely face glowing as if illuminated by a divine radiance. She smiles in a warm, genuine manner. Clearly it is an absolute pleasure to be in her company.

Click to enlarge

At certain moments, Sophie takes on a more thoughtful demeanour, these reflective expressions showing off her beauty just as vividly as her sunny smiles. Her round facial features are simply exquisite.

Click to enlarge

Watch for the priceless moment during the interview when, after a Do-I-dare-admit-it? pause, Sophie acknowledges that her favourite food is indeed . . . chocolate.

Click to enlarge

Sophie's face would be attractive in any circumstance, but doubly so given its visible fleshiness. The video adoringly highlights the most sensual aspect of her features, the luscious curve under her chin.

Click to enlarge

This is why videos of plus-size models are so priceless. Still photographers often diminish a model's beauty by digitally obscuring physical features such as the rise of a slope toward the throat. But in video footage, this opulent hallmark of plus-size beauty remains attractively evident.

Click to enlarge

Indeed, the following may be the most seductive image in the entire clip, a breathtaking moment during which the model's facial features look especially soft and full. With her golden hair caressing her face, she appears radiantly well-fed, a Rubens angel brought to life.

Click to enlarge

The first of the video's photography scenes finds Miss Sheppard in a studio setting. Given that the four images of her "Dressed Up" print editorial (as posted online at the Vogue site) show her outdoors, fans eagerly hope that these screen caps portend a second, as-yet-unreleased Sophie editorial.

Click to enlarge

Consider the fascinating contrast between the babylike softness of her facial features and the chic, elegant expression that she generates in this photo.

Click to enlarge

Sophie takes better advantage of her golden tresses than any model working today. Observe how she lets a stray lock fall over one eye in a bewitching manner as she turns up the heat by nonchalantly brushing back her hair.

Click to enlarge

Notice the difference between the Sophie's sunny demeanour during her interview and her sophisticated expressions throughout the photo session. Clearly the model has an extraordinary emotional range, for every one of these screen captures could yield a publishable print. The gust of wind gives her a regal magnificence. The vanity in her eyes is thrilling.

Click to enlarge

The camera takes a quick glance at the photographer's monitor and finds evidence of truly remarkable beauty on the screen. Notice a subtle (bit visible) alluring feature: the hint of a rounded swell at the model's middle. As we will discover in subsequent images, Sophie's physique is naturally soft and visibly curvaceous.

Click to enlarge

For variety's sake, the video subsequently cuts to a portion of Miss Sheppard's outdoor shoot. Her vest attractively defines the soft curves along her side.

Click to enlarge

A view of Sophie in one of the outfits from her print editorial finds her beaming with joy, her hair dancing around her face. Vogue may have reproduced her tear sheets in black and white, but this colour screencap shows how the shoot's red theme was picked up in her chapeau and handbag.

Click to enlarge

A second outdoor look finds the model in clothing that is contemporary but stylish. Her shapely figure introduces one welcome touch of sensuality into the image--a hint of fullness at her middle.

Click to enlarge

Returning to the indoor shoot, the camera finds Miss Sheppard adopting a pouty, serious expression. A model with facial features as delicately girlish as Sophie's can even exhibit a negative demeanour and still look beautiful, because her baby-faced countenance always softens the effect.

Click to enlarge

In the next still, the model takes on an almost cruel look, yet her innate prettiness fashions this into another kind of beauty, a beauty with a touch of wickedness, yet still enticingly soft.

Click to enlarge

The red leitmotif is vividly apparent in the next outfit, which shows a passionate red vest peeking out from beneath the model's blazer. These images confirm Vogue Italia's appreciation of plus-size beauty, for the model is freed from any body-deforming "shapewear," her soft physique exhibited in all of its gorgeous roundness, including the opulent swell at her waist.

Click to enlarge

When one says that all curves are beautiful (according to the timeless feminine ideal), the next image shows what is meant: not just a media-sanctioned generosity of bust and hips, but also a luscious fullness around a model's waist. From Classical Antiquity through the Victorian Era, Western Art celebrated the rondeur of the well-fed female body. Vogue Italia is reviving this traditional appreciation of soft beauty and presenting it in an accessible, contemporary manner. The vibrant red of the sweater under the model's colourless blazer veritably symbolizes her ripe, traditional womanliness escaping its confinement in a modern, career-oriented society.

Click to enlarge

In her close-ups, Sophie often displays a languid indolence that is intoxicatingly attractive, especially with her tresses flowing lazily over her face and shoulders, as if echoing her sensual lassitude.

Click to enlarge

Sophie's facial features have a supermodel-like appearance, boasting the all-important high cheekbones, but it is the conjunction of this fine bone structure with the visible weight in her face that gives her the true appearance of timeless beauty, for the fleshiness softens and rounds her features into the most pleasing countenance.

Click to enlarge

Fans will be forgiven for experiencing a heart attack when they see Sophie toss her golden hair in this still, as if she were exulting in her own loveliness.

Click to enlarge

An off-guard moment finds the model laughing with her whole being. One wonders what clever witticism the photographer delivered to evoke this joyous reaction. Observe the sensual curve under the chin.

Click to enlarge

Notice the seductive physical detail in this close-up: the sensual dimples at the model's knuckles, a characteristic often seen in goddess paintings by Titian and other Renaissance artists.

Click to enlarge

A model this gorgeous can even make outerwear appealing. Her gaze in the following screencap is invitingly calm and tranquil, yet Miss Sheppard still exerts a hypnotic command over the viewer, even in her serenity.

Click to enlarge

A lower angle from the opposite camera takes in the sight of Sophie's alluringly full, rounded physique. Consider how remarkable it is to find such loving views of plus-size beauty under a Vogue masthead.

Click to enlarge

As if charting the increasing body love of full-figured women worldwide, the next images find Sophie fully in red, the passionate hue betokening the appetitive desires that simmer beneath her angelic appearance. The blouse fits snugly enough to visibly define the softness of her physique, with full, shapely arms and buxom curves. Her golden tresses exhibit voluptuous volume, while her demeanour is chic and sophisticated.

Click to enlarge

Better still, a lower pan of the camera offers another celebration of the model's soft figure. The roundness of her arms and the generous fullness around her middle are presented in a loving, artistic manner, with a degree of visual appreciation of which one would never have imagined Vogue capable--for it is the untoned contours of Sophie's natural physique that make her a true timeless beauty.

Click to enlarge

The degree of vanity that Sophie exudes is captivating, exponentially augmenting her innate loveliness. The nonchalant confidence of her stance, and the commanding hunger of her gaze, suggest limitless self-adoration--an awareness that she need never deny herself any indulgence, nor spend one minute in a gym prison, for her superlative beauty entitles her to satisfy every craving and have anything she could ever desire.

Click to enlarge

One of the distinguishing features of Sophie's shoot is that unlike Vogue Italia's "Belle Vere" editorial, with its dreamlike selection of lingerie, this story features wearable attire (hence its title--not "Undressing," but "Dressing Up"). If the passionate red blouse seen above was the shoot's most goddesslike outfit, then the following is a more practical example of daywear. Fittingly, to present it, the model adopts a more casual demeanour.

Click to enlarge

Miss Sheppard appears especially robust and hearty in these stills--a reminder that in its synthesis of Classical and Christian elements, Western art historically depicted goddesses who were both ethereal and fleshy, delicate and substantial--a visually gratifying mix.

Click to enlarge

The video captures another exquisite moment as the model caresses her golden hair, enticing the viewer, who subconsciously yearns for similar tactile engagement.

Click to enlarge

Like many of the outfits in this shoot, the following ensemble is practical yet stylish, in a distinctively Italian manner. Sophie nevertheless introduce considerable allure into the image via a pose that discloses the roundness at her waist.

Click to enlarge

The next pair of screen captures show uniquely unguarded close-ups of Sophie. Notice how intense she appears, much like a Romantic heroine. It is fascinating to compare these petulant looks with the pleasant, happy demeanour that she exhibits in her interview segment.

Click to enlarge

Her emotional range is truly extraordinary. More remarkable still is the fact that she is just as beautiful when she appears nettled as when she looks warm and welcoming. This serves as an important reminder that princesses in the European fairy-tale tradition were often depicted as being both sugary sweet and excitingly selfish--often possessing both qualities at once, with the latter, darker emotions adding to their complex allure.

Click to enlarge

Another outfit draws attention to Sophie's succulent curves in a manner similar to that of the red top beneath the grey vest. This time, however, an aquamarine blue colour peers out from beneath the fastening, and seductively highlights the swell of the model's midsection. Her graceful gesture of running her hands through her tresses seizes the imagination.

Click to enlarge

Even more alluring, though, is this view of Sophie's facial features, as seen over the photographer's shoulder. Her darker expressions are extremely eye-catching, given how they play off against the soft beauty of her face, while this image also showcases the decadent curve under her chin.

Click to enlarge

Sophie's next ensemble is clearly meant to exude wealth, with a lavish adornment of jewellery, so her haughty, imperious expression is highly appropriate.

Click to enlarge

The camera pans down to highlight the glittering accessories, so well set off by the dark, silky fabric of the model's top.

Click to enlarge

In one thrilling moment, Sophie gazes directly into the camera, fixing the viewer with a look of carnal desire that at once intimidates him and enslave his soul.

Click to enlarge

Continuing Vogue's celebration of Sophie's size-16 figure, the camera showcases her in profile, in a shot that particularly highlights her reverse-view curves. To match this sumptuous physique with Sophie's vain, aloof persona suggests a lady of wealth and privilege who has freely surrendered to all manners of indulgence.

Click to enlarge

The next screen capture elaborates on this intriguing character portrait, with Sophie adopting her most imperious, tantalizingly selfish look, while her top displays the rounded swell at her middle.

Click to enlarge

While we generally prefer garden or woodland locations to cityscapes, a city setting is the correct backdrop for these particular professional outfits.

Click to enlarge

The following images are extraordinarily size-positive, far beyond anyone's expectations of Vogue. They demonstrate that when a model has a rich, well-fed figure, as Sophie does, she can look far more alluring fully dressed in sophisticated daywear than a faux-plus model can wearing next to nothing.

Click to enlarge

Observe the eye-catching swell at the model's midsection, as well as the shapely fullness of her legs. The fact that her waist is free and unconstrained makes her appearance feminine and sensual, while the grey-toned ensemble is chic and professional yet ladylike.

Click to enlarge

With images like these, Vogue will help to redeem the very notion of Classical beauty to a modern audience, restoring the traditional appreciation of soft curves. Sophie is the perfect choice for such an endeavour, for she mixes astounding facial beauty with a genuinely full-figured physique, making a plus-size beauty ideal comprehensible to contemporary readers.

Click to enlarge

In the next still, the implicit contrast between the figures of the the two women in the frame is highly appropriate, for in any century prior to the twentieth, Sophie's deliciously rounded figure would have constituted the ideal, aspirational body type. Only in the 20th century did fashion deform the standard of female appearance to venerate an androgynous stick figure, as seen in the civilian on the right. Who would have ever thought that between these two physiques, a publication titled Vogue would present the sumptuous goddess on the left as the fashion model, rather than the narrow, underweight girl on the right? Also, observe the effective colour choices, with the yellow shoes playing off against the blue top.

Click to enlarge

While a reflector dish gently illuminates Sophie's features, her golden hair cascades over her shoulders in an eye-catching manner. Her facial features appear soft and babylike, for all of the sophistication that the sunglasses impart.

Click to enlarge

The Italians do have a distinctive sense of style--one that crosses generations--for in this outfit, with her hair loose and flowing, and wearing the dark glasses, Sophie recalls Anita Ekberg, in images from the Swedish actress's celebrated days in Rome. The vanity suggested by her upturned glance is utterly captivating.

Click to enlarge

In the boldest celebration of plus-size beauty in the entire video, the cameraman catches a shot of Miss Sheppard from the reverse view, showing her hourglass proportions enhanced by an extra touch of curviness at her waist.

Click to enlarge

The top lovingly defines the soft, sensual curves along the model's upper back, as well as the alluring contours along her side. Sophie may possess the most natural physique of any plus-size model in the industry today, with ideal feminine proportions and a gorgeously untoned body.

Click to enlarge

Fittingly, the final outfit that Sophie models in the video is the red sweater and turquoise hat that she wears in her memorable interview footage. Here too Vogue celebrates the luxurious roundness at the model's waist. The comfortable, relaxed manner in which Sophie stands adds to her appeal.

Click to enlarge

But wait. Vogue was obviously so enchanted by Sophie's beauty that it added a little tag or postscript at the end of the video, showing her removing her stylish hat. Just the sight of the model teasing her hair as she prepares to doff her chapeau is enchanting enough,

Click to enlarge

but the subsequent moment, showing Miss Sheppard plunging her hand into her hair in order to coax her tresses into princess-like perfection, will stop any viewer's heart. She is, without a doubt, the most gorgeous Vogue model there has ever been--and rivals any plus-size goddess for the title of most attractive woman in the world.

Click to enlarge

If Vogue Italia were retitled Vogue Plus-Size and had a Judgment of Paris contributor as its editor, it could have produced no more size-celebratory expression than this masterpiece. The video is as perfect a presentation of timeless beauty as the fashion world could possibly create. It shows a model so beautiful that she appears to have stepped right out of the Classical past; it dresses her in stylish, wearable clothing (rather than defaulting to lingerie); and it lovingly celebrates every soft curve of her well-fed body.

First with "Belle Vere," and now, more dramatically, with this video, Vogue Italia has demonstrated how Classical femininity can be presented in a fashionable, contemporary context. We look forward to future triumphs from this publication, and encourage other fashion glossies to follow its lead when shooting plus-size models.

We anticipate a triumphant career for Sophie Sheppard, who is by far the most gorgeous model in Europe and one of the most exciting plus-size models in the world. We also echo the hope that every other Sophie fan has expressed: that she will not diminish her beauty in the slightest, neither with diet-starvation nor exercise-torture, but will retain the luscious, natural perfection of her soft, feminine figure. Her extraordinary beauty could induce modern society as a whole to embrace curvaceous womanliness. Thus, she may materially help to bring about an aesthetic restoration.

(Click images to view larger.)

Last edited by HSG : 16th November 2011 at 02:25.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011   #7
Chad

Sophie's beauty is beyond the power of any words to describe it. Words like "angel" and "goddess" can be applied widely and liberally, but in Sophie's case, they are entirely justified.

Her editorial is so beautiful that it makes a high-street approach to plus-size fashion seem simple - so much so, that you have to wonder why all of those other publications, like American Vogue and Marie Claire and the rest, have always had such problems with it.

The recipe is simple:

1. Select one of the world's most gorgeous plus-size models, one who is truly and visibly full-figured (a U.S. size 16 or better).
2. Dress her in attractive, body-conscious fashions that show off her every curve.
3. Allow her beauty to shine.

Why have all of the other magazines resisted this for so long? As soon as Vogue Italia published "Belle Vere," you could tell that it was on the right track. But with this editorial, they found an even more attractive model, shot her in wearable clothing, and the result is sheer perfection.

Any magazine could do this. Forget the faux-plus size 12s. Forget ugly/"edgy" modern freakishness or shock-value stunts. Just select Sophie, or Kelsey, or Katherine Roll, or Shannon Marie; shoot them honestly (to show off the fullness of their curves); allow them to exude seductive allure; and you can't miss.

Also, extra praise goes to Vogue Italia for giving Sophie this distinction at a relatively early stage of her career. The minus-size industry continually discovers waif newcomers and makes stars of them when they're fresh; but in plus-size modelling, all too often the most gorgeous models must patiently wait years before they get their breakthroughs and establish themselves. In "discovering" Sophie, Vogue Italia did for this plus-size model what it regularly does for promising straight-size models - discovered her early on and gave her career a boost.

Now let's just hope that the plus-size fashion industry capitalizes on the extraordinary opportunity that Sophie's beauty and talent offers.

By the way I have to mention that this screencap is truly one of the most gorgeous pictures I've ever seen on this forum. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
With her golden hair caressing her face, she appears radiantly well-fed, a Rubens angel brought to life.

Click to enlarge
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011   #8
HSG
Administrator

Although the stills from the video, shown above--and indeed the video itself--constitute the most size-positive yield from Sophie Sheppard's exciting Vogue Italia shoot, now that we have obtained scans of the magazine pages in the print edition, we find them completely gorgeous as well. Their resolution and clarity in the publication are far superior to that of the images that appear online at the Vogue Italia site.

It turns out that the graphic which resembles a model's composite card is the title page of the story itself (thus making it a five-age editorial). The "Vogue Curvy" masthead suggests that this may become a regular feature in the print edition of Vogue Italia, and if it does, then the magazine could have found no one better to inaugurate this new feature than the luscious Sophie Sheppard, the most beautiful model in Europe.
Click to enlarge

However, it is in the scans of the four main pages that the superior resolution of Vogue Italia's print edition becomes apparent. As seen above, Sophie's midsection on the following page is lovingly depicted in all of its generous fullness, just as it was in the video. Online, the sweater underneath the jacket merely resembled an indeterminate swath of dark fabric. In the magazine, it attractively exhibits the generous expanse of her soft, well-fed figure.

Click to enlarge

The finest of the four outfit pages is surely the following, which, in this clearer print-edition scan, discloses the sensual roundness at the model's middle, which the sweater pulls open to reveal. The outfits in the smaller images can also be seen in complete clarity, whereas in the online versions they were indistinct masses of ink.

Click to enlarge

The Vogue Italia tear sheets show how the red theme, which we noted in the screencaps from the video, has carried over into the magazine's pages, not just in the various scarlet wardrobe pieces--such as the sweater, below--but even in the circled red markings on the thumbnails, as if the images were personally approved by the red pen of the magazine's editor.

Click to enlarge

Even if this shoot had not been accompanied by a video (although thank goodness it was!), the "Dressed-Up" editorial would still be a bona fide masterpiece, as it appears in the print edition of the magazine. Sophie is breathtakingly gorgeous, with a shapely, visibly full figure. Her expressions are captivating, and her poses are effortlessly natural and believable.

Click to enlarge

Miss Sheppard is, without a doubt, the most beautiful model ever to appear in a publication with the Vogue masthead, and this is by far the finest endeavour yet from "Vogue Curvy." We eagerly look forward to future successes for Sophie, and we hope that Vogue Italia will maintain the high standard that it has set with this photoshoot and video.

(Click images to view larger.)
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote