The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2011   #1
Chad

Default FWPS July 2011, with Mayara Russi

Here they are - the very first photos of luscious size-22 goddess Mayara Russi at Fashion Weekend Plus Size, from the runway show yesterday.

These pictures show her behind the scenes, but she looks stunning, with her opulent 44-43-53 figure. The top acknowledges the sumptuous fullness of her waist, and her brunette tresses are rich and luxuriant.

I can't wait to see photos from the runway show itself, but this triptych is a fine teaser.

Source:
http://entretenimento.r7.com/moda-e...16-4.html#fotos
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011   #2
Hannah

Default Re: FWPS July 2011, with Mayara Russi

At last, I've found a few images of Mayara on the catwalk at the Fashion Weekend Plus Size runway show yesterday.

She looks gorgeous in a floral sleeveless top (bravo!), and in white pants that show off her curvaceous 53" hips.

Source:
http://estilo.uol.com.br/moda/album...4#fot oNav=104

Here's a second image of the same look. In last season's FWPS she wore her hair up for numerous shows, so I'm glad that she kept her tresses long and loose for this show.

Source:
http://moda.ig.com.br/modanomundo/m...7086716641.html

Mayara is a stunning goddess, and one of the most curvaceous working models in the world. I wish that we had a plus-size model with her beauty and curves here in North America. She is a tribute to the excellence of the Brazilian plus-size fashion industry.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011   #3
M. Lopez

Those images are lovely, but it's pictures like these that make FWPS the most size-positive event in the world and confirm Mayara Russi to be the most lusciously proportioned model there is.

At the second that Hannah posted, I found this unbelievably exciting image of Mayara walking for Dardak jeans. Not only does the denim accentuate her womanly hips, but the close-fitting T-shirt lovingly defines the soft curves around her middle.

I also found several stunning pictures of Mayara at a blogger's site . This next photo will surely take the crown as the most size-celebratory picture of the event - an adoring visualization of Miss Russi's opulent waist and even the luscious curve under her chin.

She also looks incredibly pretty in this picture, with a blossom in her hair. The belted top suggests the richness of her midsection, while her face looks very soft and full.

Mayara looks even more gorgeous in the images from this edition of FWPS than in any previous incarnation of the show. She defines the word "goddess."
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011   #4
Graham

Another source yields a full cast photo of the event.

Mayara is prominently placed in the centre of the frame, in grey; but she would stand out in any circumstances, thanks to her distinctively full-figured beauty.

I wish she could join Katherine, Kelsey, and Lindsey on the runway at the next FFFWeek!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011   #5
Karsten

More images of Mayara from Fashion Weekend Plus Size have turned up today, including this lovely photo of Miss Russi being made up before the show, courtesy of a Brazilian blog

I also stumbled across this fun picture from backstage.

The richest rewards come from a Flickr photostream, which features many images of the runway show, including Mayara in her white slacks:

This is the most modellesque photo I've seen yet, with Mayara showing a steamy look in her eyes. Even the lighting is evocative. She's gorgeous.

The next three photos show the runway parade of all of the models at the Dardak show. Mayara displays a lusciously full waist, and she clearly loves the adoration of the crowd.

Here's the direct link to the full-size version of the moody photo shown above. Stunningly beautiful.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nataly...57627223120134/
Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011   #6
Pamela

I'm pleased to say that I have a variety of items to share in this thread.

For starters, I found the first video footage of the show. Mayara speaks at 1:19, and I think this is the first time I've heard her voice. Very nice! It only shows her backstage, though, while what I'm really hoping for it footage of her on the runway.

Next, I found a makeup tutorial focussing on Mayara's look at FWPS.

http://makeupyourstyles.com.br/?p=2435

The initial photo is quite lovely, as it shows a bit of Miss Russi's opulent figure.

The final look is very glamorous. Mayara has a rich fullness in her face, which makes her extremely beautiful.

The next page shows an image of Mayara being interviewed backstage prior to the show, and identifies her as the "highlight" of the event (which she certainly was). I'll link to it in its Google-translated form.

http://translate.google.ca/translat...en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

The above page links to a brief interview with Mayara, also conducted backstage at FWPS.

http://themodelsbank.com.br/noticia...wps_verao_2012_

It states that Mayara walked the runway for four labels:

Milanina
DARDAK
Couro Cru
Claudia Nazario

We've seen three of her outfits in this thread. I wonder what her fourth outfit looked like? I can't wait to see!

The interview also notes that the models at FWPS came in sizes "46, 48, 50, 52..." (or U.S. sizes "16, 18, 20, 22..."). That phrase is so reminiscent of MODE's famous size tag, but specifies considerably fuller sizes. How wonderful that in Brazil, plus-size models begin at a size 16 and progress upwards from there. It is also gratifying to consider that Mayara, the "highlight" of the show, is at the curviest end of that spectrum, at a size 22.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011   #7
Shelley

The above interview printed a small mistake. It phonetically transcribed the name of the third designer for whom Mayara walked the runway, but in fact, the name of this label is not "Couro Cru" but Korukru. I know, because this Brazilian blog identifies the brand by name. It also supplies one of the most gorgeous images yet of Mayara at FWPS (the second photograph of her in this look). I adore the blossom in her hair and the romantic way in which her tresses are arranged. Lovely expression too.

This means that we have identified three of the looks that Mayara wore on the runway.

Another blog about FWPS features Mayara in her behind-the-scenes grey top (could this actually be the missing fourth look?), as well as in her Milanina ensemble. This is when Mayara looks most gorgeous and most subversive -- when her full, rounded waist is attractively defined and her hair flows loosely over her shoulders.

Furthermore, a significant Brazilian fashion publication features this boldly confident pose from Mayara in her Milanina oufit.

I hope that Mayara's stunning beauty and career success will encourage the U.S. plus-size industry to embrace models in sizes 18, 20, 22...
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011   #8
Graham

Here, at last, is what everyone has been waiting for: a bona fide video interview with Mayara at FWPS, including footage of this gorgeous model on the runway.

The program appears to be the Brazilian equivalent of Entertainment Tonight. It intercuts the interview chat with shots of Mayara walking the catwalk in her Dardak outfit, which shows off her curvy waist so boldly.

Much of the publicity that Mayara gets has to do with her ostensible resemblance to some famous Brazilian actress - famous in Brazil, anyway. The video shows numerous images of the actress and Mayara side by side; but honestly, I don't see the resemblance at all. I think Mayara is much more attractive. But hey - if this is helping her gain fans in Brazil, so be it.

She clearly has a fantastic time on the catwalk and a great runway presence. Gorgeous.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011   #9
Chad

I've been doing a little more searching myself and have found a number of further gorgeous images of Mayara in this show.

Thanks to this prominent Brazilian source, we finally get to see Mayara's full-length Korukru look, which, as it turns out, bares her full, gorgeous legs. This is definitely the prettiest and most feminine look that she wore on the runway, of the three that have been shown so far.

Over at the blog of Renata Poskus Vaz, the founder of FWPS, one finds this beautiful headshot of Mayara.

Courtesy of this blog comes a profile view of Mayara in her Milanina look.

And most exotic of all, a Vietnamese publication called Hanoi Live has released this boldly celebratory image of Mayara's full, curvy waist, in her Dardak outfit.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011   #10
Karsten

Two more images of Mayara in this show can be found here. I had no idea that Brazil had so many plus-size-fashion web logs! The industry is remarkably populous in South America.

Here's Mayara walking the runway for Milanina,

and for Dardak:

I keep hoping for more images of her beautiful Korukru outfit, and for someone, somewhere to post pictures from the Claudia Nazario segment, so that we can finally get to see her fourth look.
Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote