The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th September 2011   #1
Emily

Default ChloŽ Agnew: ''Believe''

Fans of gorgeous Irish plus-size singer ChloŽ Agnew will be delighted to know that she and her group, Celtic Woman, are taping a new PBS special this week.

http://www.celticwoman.com/pbs-taping-announcement/

Unfortunately, the girls are not recording it in Ireland, as usual, but in Atlanta -- ostensibly as a tribute to their American fans. I suppose that if it were going to be an indoor concert-hall taping no matter what, then it doesn't matter whether it's taped in the USA or Ireland. But I'll miss the gorgeous Irish castles and greenery that set the backdrop to their previous DVDs.

At any rate, ChloŽ and her group were on Atlanta television last week in a nice segment that featured an interview with the girls and a live performance of their song "Nil S'en La." Here's the video:

Wonderful interview and performance.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011   #2
Graham

Default ChloŽ Agnew in France

ChloŽ and her group Celtic Woman will be performing in Paris, France, in a few days (Sept. 26) and apparently the group will shortly be releasing a special album called An Irish Journey (excerpts here) for the French market.

To promote this development, EMI France has released a captivating new video of ChloŽ and the other members of Celtic Woman talking about the history of the group and performing excerpts of the song "The Water Is Wide."

In the video, ChloŽ appears at 1:39, and shortly thereafter shares a few words in her lovely Irish accent. She also appears at 5:37, 6:17, and 7:58 in the video.

She looks incredibly gorgeous. She has an impeccably feminine fashion sense and always dresses in such a way as to accentuate her curves. Her singing voice is as beautiful as ever - truly the voice of an angel.

However, I must say that this new group arrangement of the folk ballad "The Water Is Wide" is something of a disappointment compared to the exquisite version that ChloŽ recorded for her first album. Here it is as a YouTube video with lyrics:

Chloe's beauty of person is as dazzling as ever, but her original recording was much more traditional and therefore more appealing.

Last edited by HSG : 27th November 2011 at 18:01. Reason: URLs updatd
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011   #3
Karsten

Default ChloŽ Agnew: Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Fans of gorgeous Irish plus-size singer ChloŽ Agnew will be delighted to know that she and her group, Celtic Woman, are taping a new PBS special this week.

PBS has now released an official 5-minute promo/trailer for this show. Called Believe, the special will be airing on public-television stations this holiday season.

It shows ChloŽ looking absolutely gorgeous, of course (though I miss her slightly fuller-figured appearance of previous specials), in a host of truly stunning gowns in new colours, such as a pale yellow/gold, which suits her very well.

Musically, the high point is definitely at 3:40 in the video, when ChloŽ sings Schubert's "Ave Maria." Breathtakingly beautiful.

But I must agree with others who have said that the revised version of "The Water is Wide," by new performers, is a travesty. Better to remember Chloe's original version, posted above, which was so perfect.

I also enjoy the bagpiper entry in the Believe video. I can't wait to watch this concert when it airs on PBS this winter.
Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011   #4
Chad

Default Re: ChloŽ Agnew: ''Believe''

ChloŽ and her group, Celtic Woman, have just released a brief (and I do mean brief - only 14 seconds' duration!) greeting from Europe. If the video seems to begin and end abruptly, that's not an error - that's exactly how the video was published at the CW site.

Nevertheless, it's a lovely video. ChloŽ gently touches her waist during the footage, which is a very sensual gesture.

I'm becoming quite excited about the prospect of the Believe show. It looks wonderful, based on the preview clips. Here's a brief description I found online:

Quote:
Internationally renowned for alluring stage productions and songs of heartwarming inspiration, the singing sensation Celtic Woman presents a new chapter of musical enchantment to be enjoyed by the entire family. The extravagant production was filmed at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, with a dazzling array of visual and musical effects, including a 20-piece orchestra, seven-piece Celtic Woman Band, 16-piece Atlanta Bagpipe Band, lush vocal harmonies from the 10-member Aontas Choir and a 30-member childrenís choir, serving as the backdrop to the grace and beauty of Celtic Woman.

This publicity still shows ChloŽ in one of her gowns from the show - a beautiful lavender dress. It exhibits a seductive swell of roundness at her abdomen.

VERY large-size version:
http://www.emiextranet.com/Jpg/3252816/91926.jpg
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011   #5
Lily

As a great admirer of plus-size beauty, I was delighted earlier today to find this preview clip for Believe, the new Celtic Woman TV special featuring ChloŽ Agnew, which will be debuted on some PBS stations this evening and will be rolling out across PBS networks nationwide throughout December.

This video is clearly a pledge-break clip from an Atlanta PBS station, and in addition to offering some nice comments from (and about) ChloŽ, it shows a snippet of her performance in which she does a dramatic 360-degree turn on stage. She looks beautiful doing it too. The gown embraces her curves, while her long, fair hair flows down her back.

I look forward to watching this special, although it doesn't air in my region for a while yet.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011   #6
Kaitlynn

My local PBS station finally aired Believe tonight, and I was delighted to watch it.

All in all, I had mixed feelings about the show. Overall, I rank it fourth out of the five original shows that Celtic Woman has recorded for PBS, and fifth (that is, poorest) in terms of musical selections. The other shows by the group have featured many more classical numbers, while this production seemed to feature a great deal of more contemporary music.

Plus, it's just not the same when Celtic Woman performs in a concert hall rather than outdoors, in Ireland, with a castle backdrop, as they have for two of their PBS specials.

By far the high point of the concert is ChloŽ singing "Ave Maria," by Schubert. ChloŽ has previously recorded the Bach version of "Ave Maria," so to hear her performing the Schubert is pure joy. This is one of her loveliest musical performances ever, and it went a long way toward redeeming the entire show.

Of the rest of the songs of the night, ChloŽ and her group also performed a lively Irish dance number called "Tťir Abhaile Riķ," which is in the tradition of their wonderful folkloric songs such as "At the Ceili" and "Nil S'en La." I only wish that the camera had stayed on ChloŽ for more of the song, as she is the most beautiful dancer I've ever seen, with very sensual and flirtatiously feminine movements.

Also of note, one of the members of the choir is a plus-size beauty. Her name is Eimear McCarthy. It's hard to find screencaps of the choir members, but she's very curvy and pretty, and a worthy backup singer to ChloŽ.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote