Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2011   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Katherine Roll: Effortless Allure

Earlier today, MSA Models published two of the most gorgeous photographs of Katherine Roll ever seen, images that quite possibly confirm her as the world's most beautiful plus-size model.

For the enchantment of their idyllic locations, the results of Patrick Brassard's magical recent shoot with Miss Roll may still earn the highest distinction, but as presentations of Katherine's own personal beauty, these new photographs are unsurpassed.

Photographed by Stanley Debas (www.debasphotography.com), the pictures are situated in a gorgeous natural setting, with the verdant greenery harmonizing with the model's own luscious, blooming appearance. We have seen a variety of models adopt the coy, flirtatious gesture of playing with their hair, but Katherine performs this gesture more seductively than any other goddess ever photographed. Her blue eyes pierce the viewer's heart and enthrall him, compelling him to surrender completely to the power of the model's breathtaking beauty. What causes Katherine's image to surpass any other portrait ever created in this mode is the feeling of indolence and lassitude that she generates. She bewitches the viewer without a trace of effort, simply by unleashing the full splendour of her charms.

Her angelic face, the visage of a true supermodel, exhibits high cheekbones softened by facial fullness, which rounds out the features and gives her an opulent, well-fed look. The hairstyle is not only the most becoming hair arrangement she has ever worn, but perhaps the loveliest that any plus-size model has ever sported--a perfect realization of the tenets of "voluptuous volume," which are ideal for full-figured goddesses. The style is somewhat reminiscent of Chloe Agnew's prettiest 'dos, but is even more captivating. (Credit goes to one Marlem Cardoso, a brilliant Connecticut hairstylist who has worked with Katherine on many of her shoots.)

Click to enlarge

Upon a closer view, the steamy enticement of Katherine's gaze becomes even more beguiling. Can any other model in the world equal such beauty? No other goddess has ever generated such a heart-stopping depiction of alluring vanity. The ornate earrings harmonize perfectly with the model's own regal luxuriousness. If there was ever a plus-size model who exhibited aristocratic magnificence, it is Miss Roll. The most sensual detail in the photograph is the soft swell of flesh at the model's neck, a gorgeous touch that identifies Katherine as a plus-size goddess yet gives her a tangible, human reality, for all of her celestial radiance. She possesses every trait of angelic grace, from fair tresses to blue eyes to a soft figure, but the passions that glow in those steamy eyes suggest access to darker emotions as well. Above all, it is the negligent languour in the model's demeanour that makes this image incomparably bewitching. She creates the persona of a goddess who lives for indolent pleasure, is averse to any exertion, and effortlessly obtains whatever she desires, simply through the humbling power of her captivating beauty.

Click to enlarge

The second image is, if anything, even more mesmerizing. Now dressed in pink, which is her ideal colour, she correspondingly softens her gaze--but just a touch. In this enchantingly delicate, girlish outfit, Katherine appears more doll-like than ever, yet she invigorates the image with an undercurrent of vixenish, come-hither seduction. Some models are adept at sweet, gentle looks, while others convey darker passions, but Katherine blends dark and light in a perfect mix, seasoning her softer gazes with a trace of mystery that creates the most desirable presentation imaginable. Yet here too, the model adds a signature quality that is uniquely her own: the languid effortlessness of her allurement. She needs but unveil her full beauty, and the viewer's own ardour at the sight of her gorgeousness performs the task of seduction. Yet for all of her luxurious indolence, the model's coy gaze animates the image with scintillating energy.

Click to enlarge

Upon a closer consideration of the photograph, the viewer is entranced by the sheer physical opulence of the model's figure. Aficionados of timeless beauty would yearn to have the model's celebrated arms included in the image, but the dizzying expanse of the model's bare person is itself intoxicating. Her clavicle is attractively submerged in soft fullness, while her skin glows with robust vitality.

Click to enlarge

There is an old saying in photography that the most natural-looking picture is the one that takes the most effort to compose. Similarly, Katherine's remarkably achievement in these images--in creating such a spellbinding impression of negligent ease and effortless beauty--is the result of extraordinary talent and craft. Yes, the model is innately gorgeous and is blessed with the kind of beauty that other girls can only dream of; however, the melting gazes and tantalizing poses that she generates are the result of proficient modelling artistry. It is when models are still learning their craft that their images exhibit a distracting amount of effort, a visible quality of strain that makes viewers aware of photographic artifice. But when a goddess reaches the level of grace and refinement that Katherine possesses, the lens and the frame disappear, and viewers become immersed the world of the photograph, with the model's beauty enveloping their senses as directly and irresistibly as the finest music.

As the fashion industry recognizes Katherine's beauty and talent, she may well become the breakthrough model who delivers full-figured femininity to mainstream consciousness, showing curvy girls how attractive and fashionable they can be without starving themselves and restoring the plus-size female figure to its rightful place as our cultural ideal.

These initial images from one of the finest shoots of Katherine's career are utterly breathtaking, and we earnestly hope that more results from this test will be released in the near future.

- Katherine Roll Gallery

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011   #2
Tanya

Default Re: Katherine Roll: Effortless Allure

Wow. WOW. I am speechless. The word "breathtaking" is employed frequently when referring to plus-size models, but Katherine literally takes my breath away. I gasped when I saw these pictures. I was excited even to open a new thread with her name in it, given how dazzling her last shoot (with Patrick Brassard) was. But I agree that while those images were all-around masterpieces, blending the beauty of the model with an enchanting setting, these pictures spotlight Katherine herself even more vividly.

I assume that, as in past tests, Katherine styled the shoot herself, and of all of the wardrobe selections she has ever chosen, I love these most of all. The delicate, white, vintage pieces in the Brassard shoot were equally gorgeous in a different way -- fine expressions of Old World femininity -- but these items show Katherine in colour! And such lovely colours at that: a dress in the royal shade of purple, and a girlish pink top that makes her look adorable. I love both looks for Katherine: the Victorian beauty of the white tops from the last shoot, and the youthful, pretty colours here. The green foliage sets off both colours very well; plus, I adore how the sunlight catches her golden tresses in the first photo.

I also love how the one-shoulder dress accentuates her buxom curves.

I could look at these images forever. I fervently hope that we'll get to see more pictures from this shoot.
Tanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011   #3
Chad

Is it just me, or has Katherine produced the most exciting photo shoots all season? First there was the streetside test showing Miss Roll walking along a sidewalk in a quaint, idyllic town. Then there was the magnificent shoot with Katherine in a lush, Parisian-looking park and standing atop an ornate, historicist bridge. And now these photos, in which she looks like a bona fide supermodel, except a supermodel with luscious curves instead of a stick-thin, sunken frame.

Each of her latest shoots has been fully magazine-worthy, especially the last two. I admire all of Miss Roll's work, but the outdoor settings add so much to the overall impact of the photos. And I agree with Tanya's assessment: the Patrick Brassard shoot created the finest images in terms of overall aesthetic impact, but if I wanted to show someone just how gorgeous Katherine herself is, I would select the images from this newest shoot. This is the absolute zenith of plus-size beauty.

I know that many full-figured women envy Brazil for having the gorgeous and authentically full-figured goddess Mayara Russi as that nation's top plus-size model, but in Katherine the U.S. industry has someone even more beautiful, who is also truly curvy, but whose seductive allure puts any Victoria's Secret model to shame.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011   #4
Meredith

The pink top is the prettiest item Katherine has ever worn. Pink is her colour. It seems so right for her that I'm surprised we've never seen her wearing pink before. She looks gorgeous in that top -- a little bit of nice and a little bit of naughty. If Katrina van Tassel were incarnated in human form and lived in the present day, she would look like Katherine.

On the other hand, I adore the purple gown for how it showcases her buxom curves. She looks beguiling and full-figured. The pink image acknowledges her fullness as well. Katherine's images always inspire me because she looks more beautiful than any other goddess, but she also has the opulent richness of a true plus-size model. I wish every retailer showcased its offerings on Katherine and models like her. She represents the look of today's young women of size: their poise, their confidence, and their unsurpassable beauty.
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011   #5
Kaitlynn

There's such a rich inner life behind those beautiful blue eyes. You can't help but wonder, "What is the she thinking?" and imagine a dozen different complex ideas and emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
The hairstyle is not only the most becoming hair arrangement she has ever worn, but perhaps the loveliest that any plus-size model has ever sported--a perfect realization of the tenets of "voluptuous volume," which are ideal for full-figured goddesses. The style is somewhat reminiscent of Chloe Agnew's prettiest 'dos, but is even more captivating.

There's something to this. Katherine always wears stunning hairstyles for her shoots, but this is her finest look ever. I think every model has a style that is her core look, the hair arrangement that flatters her most of all. For Katherine, this is it. There's an extra touch of volume in her tresses that suits her luxurious figure perfectly.

I love how the two outfits offer different flavours. The dark purple look is more regal, especially with those ornate earrings, while the pink top is cute and youthful and feminine. Both both items epitomize the body-as-fashion-accessory principle of plus-size styling. The expanse of bare flesh that the one-shoulder gown exhibits contributes to the impression of opulence that the image conveys. With the pink top, it's the models bare shoulders and arms that create the most attractive effect.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011   #6
Pamela

These images dazzle the senses, they're so beautiful. What I love about them especially is that they blend elegance with youthfulness in an absolutely unique way. Katherine's pink outfit is deliciously girly, while her purple dress is classically sensual but also in a youthful sense. Yet other elements, like the ornate earrings, the luxurious hairstyle, and Katherine's mature, self-aware expressions, give the images qualities of class and mature sophistication.

The pictures are more alluring than any self-consciously obvious "sexy" imagery because they show such grace and good taste.

Katherine has a unique ability to appeal to women of every age, from Torrid-generation customers to mature sophisticates. Perhaps it's because she possesses both qualities herself, or perhaps it's because she's so effective at her craft, but either way, she projects the perfect image of full-figured women in every context.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011   #7
M. Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
Dressed in pink, which is her ideal colour, she correspondingly softens her gaze--but just a touch. In this enchantingly delicate, girlish outfit, Katherine appears more doll-like than ever, yet she invigorates the image with an undercurrent of vixenish, come-hither seduction.

Click to enlarge

I have to say, I love the pink image most of all. Pink is the perfect colour for Katherine, with her honey-blonde hair and fair eyes. The flower trim and the delicate straps make this such a feminine top. I'd love to see more images of Katherine in this attire. And I adore her expression. She knows just how irresistible she is, and lets the viewer know it too. If there was ever a picture expressing how delectable a full-figured princess can be, this is it. With the model in this woodland hideaway, a traditional romantic setting, these pictures are a slice of paradise.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011   #8
HSG
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya
I fervently hope that we'll get to see more pictures from this shoot.

The desire to see more of this test is completely understandable. These are some of the most gorgeous images that Katherine has ever created, perfect in every detail: modelling, styling, hair/makeup, and setting. Between the artistry of her Patrick Brassard shoot and the sheer physical beauty expressed in this session, Katherine has created by far the year's finest tests.

We continue to hope that more images from the shoot will emerge, but for now, as a teaser, we have one further example to share, and to our great delight, it shows Katherine in a new, third look.

The image epitomizes everything that makes Miss Roll one of the most popular models in the industry. She appears surpassingly gorgeous and legitimately full-figured, which is the dream combination for a plus-size model. Her baby-blue eyes have never looked lovelier, fixing the viewer with a bewitching glance that has a touch of feline suggestiveness. Her opulent voluptuousness infuses the image with sensuality. The neckline of the yellow top plunges into a deep V, disclosing a heady glimpse of buxom décolletage. Her luscious arms--celebrated by all as the most gorgeous limbs of any full-figured model--feature prominently in the photograph, with the model coyly positioning herself so that her arms are included in the frame. Her facial features appear full and replete, visibly showing the richness of a well-fed look, yet sculpturally shaped with high cheekbones. The thick masses of her golden hair flow heavily, lazily over her shoulders, their luxurious fullness suggestion the model's own sensual indolence. The overall impression is one of full-blown beauty, untrammelled opulence, the absolute maximalism of robust femininity unhindered, unchecked, and gloriously displayed for all to see.

Click to enlarge

As in the previous photographs from the test, the outdoor setting greatly enriches the beauty of the image, associating this blossoming model with the lush fertility of the natural world. This larger version allows the viewer to soak in the opulence of the picture, and in particular to admire the model's captivating expression. This is a look of secure self-satisfaction, betokening a calm vanity, a sensually passive pleasure, on the model's part, in her own sumptuous allure. If each of the most famous and gorgeous plus-size models has a signature look, this is Katherine's.

The thin, delicate pink belt at the waist is a stroke of styling brilliance (for Katherine styles her own tests, and does so better than any professional stylist ever could). It harmonizes with the bright yellow top and gives her outfit a doll-like look, which invigorates the image with youthful playfulness. This indicates one of Katherine's unique qualities as a model: an ability to blend a womanly fullness of physique with a babylike qualities of roundness and softness; the blending of the two qualities being irresistibly seductive and constituting the essence of ideal femininity.

Click to enlarge

These test photographs of Katherine exhibit every characteristic that the public has been asking to see, throughout the history of full-figured fashion. The model is youthful and surpassingly gorgeous, her beauty easily outshining that of any fashion superwaif, either in the couture or glamour (Victoria's Secret) categories. Yet she is undeniably, visibly, gloriously full-figured, her well-fed physique an unapologetic celebration of essential femininity. She represents the antithesis to the "aesthetics of guilt," incarnating the sheer pleasure of human beauty and embodying the timeless ideal in physical form.

- Katherine Roll: Video Gallery

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011   #9
Shelley

What an exciting test. I dearly love all three images, but I have to say, the new image in yellow is my favourite. The pink top is the prettiest wardrobe piece, but the image in yellow shows off the model's gorgeous arms and gives a delicious sense of the fullness of her figure. When images of Katherine really celebrate her stunning, size-18 curves, she is indisputably the most subversive and exhilarating model in the industry.

I love seeing Katherine in such bright colours, consciously drawing attention to her classical contours, showing all curvy girls that they should be proud of their naturally full physiques. The girlish hues are very age-appropriate for her and will enable the younger plus-size public to really identify with her and see her as their inspiration. These pictures upend the ridiculous and offensive social associations of being curvy with looking "old"; rather, Katherine proves that in fact a well-fed appearance constitutes a young, fresh, pretty look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
Her facial features appear full and replete, visibly showing the richness of a well-fed appearance. This is a look of secure self-satisfaction, betokening a calm vanity, a sensually passive pleasure, on the model's part, in her own sumptuous allure.

I agree. There's such a visible sense that Katherine takes pleasure in her own beauty, really loves her looks and is comfortable with her delectable curves. Utterly beguiling.
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote