Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2011: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th December 2011   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Katherine Roll at Pink Shoppe

Earlier this year, gorgeous plus-size model Katherine Roll walked in an impromptu runway show to launch a New York plus-size boutique called Pink Shoppe. As we noted at the time, her appearance in this show was stunning, and offered an exciting preview of her showing at Full Figured Fashion Week.

Today, Pink Shoppe held a shoot with Miss Roll, and a pair of behind-the-scenes preview images of the session have now been released.

The first shows Katherine in an attractive white dress, exhibit a sensual curve at her middle. The dress is a marvellously pro-curvy item, defining the model's figure, partially exhibiting her round, lovely arms, and, with its agreeably abbreviated design, showing off her full, shapely legs. The model's expression is dark and enigmatic, giving the outfit a touch of womanly allure.

Click to enlarge

A second image find Katherine in another attractive item, this one fully sleeveless yet similarly abbreviated, to exhibit her gorgeous legs. Here too the model adopts a seductively moody gaze. Her fair tresses catch the light and glow with a golden radiance.

Click to enlarge

Miss Roll looks consummately beautiful in these, the first images from her new Pink Shoppe shoot, and the label has commendably dressed her in stylish, youthful, body-conscious designs. We eagerly look forward to seeing more photos from this shoot as the label releases them.

(Click images to view larger.)

- Pink Shoppe Online

Last edited by HSG : 4th December 2011 at 17:16.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011   #2
Tanya

Default Re: Katherine Roll at Pink Shoppe

Here's something really exciting - a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot.

It passes by in a thrilling flash, but it shows dozens of attractive looks, all very pro-curvy, with Katherine in stunning sleeveless items, short dresses, every body-positive fashion imaginable. Very young and beautiful (both the styles and the model!).

Also, I love how she poses. When the video offers scenes of her posing, it shows how languidly, indolently she poses. Such feminine and indolent movements -- it's very, very sensual to watch.

Beautiful video, stylish fashions, gorgeous model.
Tanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011   #3
Pamela

In fact, Pink Shoppe has released two cuts of its video of Katherine Roll. The first version, shown above, is a tighter edit, but this version offers several shots that aren't included in the previous posting, and is also available in HD.

It's fun to halt the video at several points and admire Katherine's luscious beauty. She looks fantastic in every Pink Shoppe outfit. And, with pink being Katherine's ideal colour, this is clearly a perfect model-client pairing.

It really is a treat to see the "making of" process behind an in-store shoot like this. It's the next best thing to being there, and I have to say, the next time I'm in New York, a visit to Pink Shoppe is a must! In the meantime, I'm delighted that the label has a user-friendly web site...
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011   #4
Hannah

Pink Shoppe now features a number of further images of Katherine, and these, I think, are even more gorgeous than the ones posted earlier.

This is by far my favourite. It really celebrates the curvy swell of fullness at the model's waist, and Katherine has a way of presenting her plus-size body as the most gorgeous figure in the world (which it may well be). I love her long, golden hair. Beautiful dress, perfect for the holidays.

Larger: http://i42.tinypic.com/fd8wvd.jpg

Talk about curve-celebration! Katherine is at her '50s pin-up best in this dramatic photo. I adore her expression, which seems to say to a besotted male admirer, "Oh, I'm sorry, have I just given you a heart attack?" She knows that she's the ultimate in desire, and the dress accentuates this fact, but is still tasteful. Best of all, it's sleeveless, and the picture captures a hint of Katherine's fleshy arms (although I wish they'd been fully included in the frame).

Larger: http://i44.tinypic.com/2wdsf3k.jpg

A majestic headshot, giving Katherine an aristocratic look.

Larger: http://i44.tinypic.com/143j1aw.jpg

Very pretty, very feminine lace top.

Larger: http://i39.tinypic.com/2gwi350.jpg

Pink Shoppe really does have some attractive items, and Katherine has the perfect physique to show them off to best advantage, not to mention the deliciously vain, look-at-me attitude to capture every eye.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2011   #5
HSG
Administrator

Default Katherine Roll: Pink Shoppe videos

As was the case with Sophie Sheppard's shoot for Vogue Italia and Kailee O'Sullivan's promotion for IGIGI, the most gorgeous and size-positive images of Katherine Roll from her Pink Shoppe session are to be found in the still frames from the stunning, behind-the-scenes videos that the company has produced, showing the making of this exciting campaign.

The video begins with alluring images of Katherine preparing herself for the shoot. This still exhibits the sensual roundness of her arms and the fullness of her facial features. Miss Roll veritably defines the word "goddess," with a beauty that exudes richness and opulence.

Click to enlarge

In one of the most stunning images taken from any model's video, the next scene presents Katherine admiring herself in a mirror and carefully crafting her look for maximum effect. Her facial features exhibit that unique mixture of babylike softness and refined seductiveness that is the model's signature trait. Her arms appear full and lusciously rounded. She appraises her own loveliness in the way that a great artist would assess the perfection of his masterpiece. One fantasizes that the image captures a scene to which the model is well accustomed: spending long, blissful interludes lingering raptly upon her own reflection, in enormous, full-length mirrors such as this; for surely, nowhere in the outside world could an enchantress as gorgeous as Katherine find such beauty as presents itself to her in her own looking glass.

Click to enlarge

In the next shot, the camera pulls back to reveal Katherine's stunning figure, as displayed in the full-length mirror. The Pink Shoppe dress, a chic and alluring item, lovingly embraces her every curve. Katherine clearly delights in the sight of her own loveliness--as well she should, smiling with pleasure as she seductively strokes her golden tresses.

Click to enlarge

Another image of the pre-shoot preparation finds Katherine assessing her prettiness in an enchanting blouse with delicate pink rosettes in the print. Miss Roll has an especially attractive profile, as this screencap indicates, with high cheekbones softened by facial fullness, an adorable nose, and an especially luscious curve under the chin--the most attractive and feminine of all characteristics of the female visage. Her countenance evokes the quintessentially well-fed look that the era of Lillian Russell (and indeed, every pre-modern age) worshipped as the epitome of true beauty.

Click to enlarge

Then, at last, the video presents footage from the exciting shoot itself. First it shows Katherine in a flirty, bejewelled, sleeveless top that is ideal for plus-size goddesses, baring the model's sumptuous, shapely arms. Her golden tresses cascade over her shoulder in a captivating manner. Katherine's pose is intensely alluring, with banked-down passion smouldering in her blue eyes. This is the first image in which we can recall the model showcasing jeans, and it turns out that Katherine is the industry's very finest model for denim, as her generous, shapely figure shows off the appeal of jeans in a way that no other model possibly could.

Click to enlarge

A second image finds Katherine in a very different guise, donning a bewitching black lip colour and dark eyeshadow which gives her beauty a more sinful, seductive quality. Though she has the physical characteristics of a Victorian doll, Miss Roll also creates personae, in her modelling, who exhibit exciting touches of selfish, spoiled wickedness--traits that enhance her allure even further--and to show off this look, she allowed those delectably dark qualities to come to the fore. Observe the heady glimpse of the model's decolletage, as well as the calm vanity that she exudes for the camera, especially via plunging her hand into her tresses.

Click to enlarge

This is the first time that fans have been able to see Katherine's actual modelling technique, and the result is a wonder to behold. Her motions are of a piece with the emotions that she generates in her finest images. She moves gracefully, indolently, without a trace of effort. Every languid motion suggests intoxicating lassitude and luxuriance. In this sequence, in which she exhibits a devastatingly attractive Pink Shoppe sleeveless dress, she seductively displays her full, fleshy arms and forms her opulent figure into a sinuous S curve, yet under her smouldering gaze these is an undercurrent of vulnerability and youthfulness that softens the effect. To watch Katherine in motion is to view a voluptuous ballet.

Click to enlarge

In an image presenting a comely one-shoulder Grecian-style dress, the model fittingly adopts a Classical pose, resting one hand on her shoulder while adopting the beguiling, lost-in-thought, "modest model" expression. The dress flawlessly fits Katherine's physique, lingering over every tantalizing curve and hinting at the soft fullness of her waist. In every shoot, Katherine confirms her renown as having the most gorgeous figure of any plus-size model in the industry today.

Click to enlarge

A view of the model through the photographer's lens shows her adopting a saucy expression, scrutinizing the viewer with a glance that seems to ask, "When will you summon the nerve to approach me?" The lighting dazzlingly illuminates Katherine's skin tone and enables her fair features to stand out vividly, even as it indicates the replete beauty of her arms.

Click to enlarge

A tight close-up in the footage highlights on of the most celebrated details of Katherine's figure, the dimples at her knuckles--that prettiest of all feminine traits which only true plus-size goddesses possess, and which prompts every male viewer to long to kiss the model's tender hand in a gesture of worship inherited from the days of courtly love.

Click to enlarge

The scenes of Katherine's shoot are immediately followed by a host of clips presenting the interior of the brick-and-mortar Pink Shoppe location, in a stylish corner of New York. It is indeed an attractive site, where the bright pink walls would surely give customers a joyful vibe as they picked out cute, girly fashions for themselves.

This footage includes one extra glimpse of Katherine--clearly from before the shoot--showing the model selecting her wardrobe. Although her expression is delightfully petulant, we know that she appreciates this top, as an earlier screencap featured her trying it on for size. But the touch of displeasure captured in the model's face is very fetching. As we have noted before, the most gorgeous plus-size models--especially those whose visages have gentle, babylike qualities--can successfully generate peevish expressions, as the natural delicacy of their countenances will always soften the effect and render it beautiful. In this photograph, Katherine creates the persona of a seductively spoiled princess who, for once, has been denied a lavish request, and cannot brook any impediment to her self-indulgence. Her facial features appear rich and full, while the pretty, lacy top appears in Hannah's post, above.

Click to enlarge

The above screencaps were all taken from the second Pink Shoppe video, which was uploaded in high definition (1080p) and therefore yields better stills. However, in some ways, the first cut of the video, which Tanya linked, is superior, as it features a number of shots of Miss Roll which never made it into the second edit.

The most eye-catching extra segment finds Katherine in her white dress browsing through the Pink Shoppe jewellery offerings and deciding with which items to adorn herself. The perfectly fitted dress seductively displays the opulent curves of her figure, while the model unself-consciously adopts a graceful pose, casually caressing her golden hair as if in rightful self-appreciation.

Click to enlarge

The camera draws in for a closer view, and even from these two stills, the viewer can perceive the model's languid, sensual movements, a relaxed motion of the body that is intrinsically photogenic. (A model is always a model, even when she is not on set.) The de facto pose effectively showcases the soft contours of her physique, especially her lovely waist, and demonstrates the pro-curvy appeal of this dress.

Click to enlarge

The final frame shows Katherine with a look that mixes aristocratic vanity with girlish youthfulness in a manner that is utterly entrancing.

Click to enlarge

Bravo to Pink Shoppe for selecting one of the world's most gorgeous plus-size models for this shoot, for dressing her in such eye-catching, curve-adoring apparel, and especially for filming this ravishing behind-the-scenes video.

And kudos to Katherine for another modelling triumph. When watching the video, fans (and other plus-size models alike) will finally be able to see the brilliant technique that Miss Roll brings to her modelling, the smooth, sinuous movements that she adopts to generate such captivating poses and expressions.

Katherine is so surpassingly attractive that she could rest on beauty alone, but beyond even her gorgeous appearance, she possesses exceptional modelling technique, and we are all privileged to have been treated to a display of her craft.

(Click images to view larger.)

- Be sure to visit Pink Shoppe in New York

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011   #6
renata

Default Re: Katherine Roll: Pink Shoppe videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
As was the case with Sophie Sheppard's shoot for Vogue Italia and Kailee O'Sullivan's promotion for IGIGI, the most gorgeous and size-positive images of Katherine Roll from her Pink Shoppe session are to be found in the still frames from the stunning, behind-the-scenes videos that the company has produced, showing the making of this exciting campaign.

I agree! Katherine looks breathtakingly beautiful in those screen caps. They are some of the loveliest images I've ever seen of her. The dresses are exciting and size positive, and they frame her luscious figure in a way that's seductive but also chic. I love that many of the Pink Shoppe designs are sleeveless styles, especially the one-shoulder dress, which defines the figure so beautifully.

I adore the image of Katherine looking at herself in the mirror, with the pouty expression on her face. It thrills me to see a plus-size goddess look so vain and alluring. The prior image, showcasing her shapely arms, is a pro-curvy masterpiece. And I never realized how much better a voluptuous vixen can look in jeans than a waif until I saw the screencap of Katherine in denim.

These videos of Katherine feature some of the most gorgeous footage I've ever seen of any plus-size goddess. Katherine is as beautiful in motion as she is in still images, and it's a privilege to watch her graceful, stylish approach to modelling.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote