The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > The Forums > 2013-2016: Current
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2013   #1
Shelley

Default Georgina Burke: Torrid

It's been quite a while since material from Torrid appeared on this site, but I think the current cover-page graphic eminently qualifies.

It shows Georgina Burke of Jag Models in an incredibly pro-curvy image. To be sure, it has her exhibiting her voluptuousness, given that it's an ad for intimate apparel. But what makes it so size-positive is that she is openly flaunting her full waist. Now, Georgina doesn't have nearly as lusciously proportioned a middle as do some models, but nevertheless, she is clearly not inhibiting her lovely waist in any way, but boldly showcasing it, letting her untamed tummy but comfortably displayed. There is some substance, some soft, feminine roundness at her midriff. The result is pure size celebration.

I can't even imagine the good that it would do for women's self-image if more advertisements showed models with visibly full waists securely exhibiting them, in this manner. And more thrilling yet, can you imagine the beauty of an image in which a goddess such as Sophie Sheppard or Kelsey Olson, with their 39" waists, would pose in a goddesslike manner such as this?

Georgina has an adorable, doll's face, and while she would be even more subversively beautiful if she were fuller-figured, it's wonderful to see that she can create a pro-curvy ad like this.

http://www.torrid.com/
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013   #2
MelanieW

Default Re: Georgina Burke: Torrid

I have to say, Georgina is pleasantly surprising me. I always thought that she had a stunning face, so doll-like and pretty, and beautiful blonde tresses, but she always seemed to be a bit thin for a plus-size model.

But the bustier ad is very effective, and here's a new picture of Georgina at Torrid. Sophie Sheppard is, of course, the ultimate denim model, with her gorgeous reverse-view curves, but Georgina has the visible contours of an authentic plus-size model as well, when seen from the hinder view.

If there is any model in the industry who could become a superstar is she were to blossom into a slightly fuller size, it's Georgina.

Admirably pro-curvy photography from Torrid.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013   #3
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Georgina Burke: Torrid

Actually, the first image is part of a whole new lingerie promotion at Torrid.

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Lingerie.jsp

The most exciting aspect of it is this video, which films Georgina looking very buxom and soft-figured. But the most alluring element is the fact that when she turns around, soft, seductive curves along her back are alluringly visible.

All told, Torrid is releasing five new bustiers. Here they are, with pictures of Georiginal. The reverse views are the most attractive, because the gorgeous curves along her back have not been airbrushed away.

Multi-Way

Push-Up

Push-Up Plunge

Demi

Racerback

Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote