The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th March 2006   #1
MelanieW

Default Pretty Marks & Spencer model

I remember a few months ago, someone posted about a pretty brunette model at Marks and Spencer. I found some more images of her at their site this evening. She does have a "look", doesnt she? Soft and pretty. She kind of reminds me of a fuller-figured Crystal Renn:

Its hard to tell much from the pictures, because the clothes are kind of dull, but since Europe really needs to start using fuller figured models, at least this is a step in the right direction. She looks authentically cuvaceous - if just barely.

There are some more pix at the site:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCa...sectionTemplate
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006   #2
M. Lopez

Default Re: Pretty Marks & Spencer model

I think she's appealing and womanly. It would be nice to see her in a more romantic context (fashions and setting). Her face reminds me a little of Shannon Marie's, and the fair skin/dark hair gives her a Snow White look.

I'm surprised she's not listed with any of the agencies (at least as far as I can tell). It would be nice to see her work for some U.S. companies as well.

M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2006   #3
HSG
Administrator

It would appear that the New Femininity has finally made an appearance at Marks & Spencer, and that the company has at last dressed this attractive model in a top that is worthy of her soft beauty.

The item is called a "Plus Ruffled Trim Crinkle Blouse," and it comes with a quotable description:

"There's a fashionably gypsy feel to this pretty blouse courtesy of delicate broderie, textured crinkled fabric and ruffled trimming. Cut to fit flatteringly on your shape, team with jeans or a flowing skirt for added femininity."

The blouse gently embraces the model's curves, and it has an Old World look, both in its romantic design, and in its organic colour.

Bravo to Marks and Spencer for opting for a fuller-figured model than the British faux-plus standard. The model herself is appealing, and it will be interesting to see her work in future M&S campaigns.

- Click here to view the above item

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006   #4
HSG
Administrator

As a follow-up to this thread, it turns out that the model in question is represented by Hughes (Britain) and Brigitte (Germany), is a U.K. size 16 (U.S. 14), and is variously identified "Kate" or "Katylouise" by each agency, respectively.

The images in her Hughes portfolio are so-so, but European plus-size model tests have always been a little on the cold side, compared with North American testing, which has become much more feminine and organic-looking over the past several years. Still, this image is charming:

It would be interesting to see this model photographed in a different context from her M&S work, and her tests to date. By all indications, she is a talent to watch . . .

- Click here to view her Brigitte Models comp card

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote