The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th May 2006   #1
Kaitlynn

Default ''A fine romance'' (article)

This is just a nice article I found online today about the romantic styles that are in fashion this season.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NA...l=1112274690847

The text is kind of perfunctory, but I love all of the Old World lace.

I prefer sleeveless, but I really like the open neckline on this top, even more if it would come down just a little lower:

and this is such a pretty tulle/lace skirt, which I'm sure looks even better in the original color, closer to pink, than in this scan:

It used to be depressing to talk about all of today's feminine trends, and to lament that none of the plus-size retailers were carrying them, but I've seen a few lace and tulle pieces at various companies, including Torrid, Nordstrom, etc., and I hope they bring in even more. You can tell from the images above that they would look SO much better on fuller-figured models......
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006   #2
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: ''A fine romance'' (article)

The proliferation of lace and tulle styles is indeed most welcome, since these fabrics lend themselves to the creation of timeless, ultra-feminine apparel. And the open neckline in the top item is one of the most attractive designs ever conceived for adorning full-figured beauty. The most important factor in achieving a gorgeous look in such a piece is for the goddess to possess a visibly soft neck and shoulder area, with no visible clavicle to ruin the look.

Speaking of open necklines, here is Kelsey in one of her loveliest Torrid photos, modelling one of Torrid's most romantic styles. The "smocked" detailing is enchanting, the abbreviated "cap" sleeves achieve some of the beauty of a genuinely sleeveless look, and the generous midriff is comfortable on a curvy waist. The oh-so-pretty colour ("morning glory pink") perfectly compliments Kelsey's fair features, and with her golden tresses tumbling loosely over her neck and shoulders, the overall effect is exquisitely soft and enchanting, delicate yet voluptuous.

- Click here to view the above item

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote