Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2006   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Kelsey: A Sydney's Closet Special

We recently received a lovely note from Phyllis Brasch Librach, the president and founder of Sydney's Closet (www.sydneyscloset.com), enthusiastically describing Kelsey Olson's recent shoot for the company. The note came with an outtake of the shoot itself, and we were so delighted by this message--and by the image--that we simply had to share both with the public. (You may click on the image to view it at a larger size.)

Ms. Librach writes:

Fans of Kelsey Olson will love this behind-the-scenes photo taken in May when Kelsey did her first - and certainly not last - shoot for Sydney's Closet.

In this photo, as in real life, Kelsey stars as the center of attention with the crew of hair and makeup artists, graphic designers and stylists posing for finishing touches just before the wedding dress shot.

Click to enlarge

Sydney's Closet searched for months for a fresh, young face with a very curvy body to model their collection of plus-size special occasion dresses. They knew they found it when they discovered Kelsey's incredible beauty through the Dorothy Combs agency.

On location at Studio D, a former firehouse turned photo studio in downtown St. Louis, Kelsey's sweetness and energy came through the lens as photographer Jim Diaz clicked away capturing her talent in frame after frame.

Whether she wore a Cinderella Prom ball gow, an elegant black evening dress, or a dreamy lace wedding gown, Kelsey didn't just model, she gave personality to Sydney's Closet dress designs with an artistic display of her amazing curves and graceful beauty.

And everyone found time to have fun too! After a full day of shooting that covered no less than four hair and makeup changes, Kelsey and crew headed to the grand opening of the new Busch Stadium. There, cameras rolled again as a local television crew filmed Kelsey enjoying the celebration in a private suite somewhere over home plate.

What a fascinating account of the shoot! And how wonderful to see Kelsey in her rightful place as the "center of attention," fawned over by a whole production team, primped and preened the way Helen of Troy might have been on her wedding day to Paris himself.

And how delightful to read that Sydney's Closet specifically searched for a "fresh, young face with a very curvy body." There's something truly celebratory about Ms. Librach's brief ("very curvy"), which indicates that this company has precisely the right idea about plus-size beauty. And to hear Kelsey's beauty described as "incredible" and "amazing" and "graceful" is simply icing on the cake.

We eagerly look forward to seeing more work from Kelsey with Sydney's Closet, or with any company that is perceptive enough to display her "very curvy" and "incredible" allure to the world

Last edited by HSG : 26th June 2011 at 05:14. Reason: URL updated
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006   #2
MelanieW

Default Re: Kelsey: A Sydney's Closet Special

Its terrific to get a taste of what happens behind the scenes at a photo shoot, and Sydneys Closet deserves major praise for choosing Kelsey. I hope its the beginning of great things to come. The image with Kelsey and the team is just beautiful, and in that wedding dress, Kelsey looks every bit like the fairy-tale princess she is.

I also really like the Sydneys Closet cover image, showing her in a blue gown.

But what an amazing tease this nonchalant comment was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
Kelsey and crew headed to the grand opening of the new Busch Stadium. There, cameras rolled again as a local television crew filmed Kelsey enjoying the celebration in a private suite somewhere over home plate.
You mean that viewers in St. Louis were actually treated to a TV news story about "gorgeous plussize model Kelsey Olson", as a major celebrity, during a big sports event? WOW! Now THATS the kind of coverage plussize models need more of!

I wish someone in St Louis had taped that, so we could all see it as a web video. That would be a real thrill.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006   #3
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Kelsey: A Sydney's Closet Special

I received a Sydneys Closet e-mail promo today, with a nice image of Kelsey looking oh-so-pretty and innocent. She looks so good in immaculate white. I would have loved to see the shoot set in a castle, or someplace equally romantic, but I have a feeling this won't be the last bridal or prom shoot Kelsey does, so I'm looking forward to her next campaign in this vein.

Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote