Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th September 2006   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default New Kailee video: Ford 360

As best as we can determine, the Ford 360 project is an ongoing series of short (under-three-minute) fashion/hair/cosmetics videos that are produced by the eponymous modelling agency. Together, these videos comprise a serialized online fashion video-magazine. They are actually rather entertaining, with observations about style trends, and useful hair/makeup tips from industry professionals.

But the reason why this series warrants a mention here is because several of the videos feature Ford's plus-size models. Crystal Renn headlines a piece about ponytails, and some of the faux-plus girls appear in cosmetics clips.

But when it comes to videos, no one matches dazzling young starlet Kailee O'Sullivan at creating compulsively watchable short subjects. Therefore, it is a thrill to see that Kailee appears in a 360 report about youth-oriented hairstyles.

Thanks to her wondrous beauty and her tremendous charisma, the piece is absolutely enchanting. Kailee sparkles--just as she did in her Ford promotional video---and one can only hope that she appears in more 360 items in the near future.

Two hairstyles are exhibited in this video, and although both are lovely, perhaps the most becoming hairstyle of all, for Kailee, is the naturally loose and flowing arrangement that she sports at the beginning of the video, before the stylist works his magic.

The shots showing Kailee getting her hair done are terribly entertaining, as the model seems to quite amused by the whole affair, from the frenetic brushing of her tresses,

to the sundry pulling, shaping, and arranging that is involved in creating the final look. In fact, it's all that she can do to keep from giggling . . .

The final result is actually a very flattering style for her, a so-called "Mini Gibson" that, in the words of the stylist, displays both volume and length. The close-ups show the style in two segments: first, the top half, with the actual "Gibson,"

and second, the length, showing Kailee's tresses arranged in gorgeous, cascading waves.

The second style in the video, a "Chignon," is perhaps a little less captivating, if only because it is an updo, whereas length is especially attractive on plus-size models. It does, however, allow the camera to show the absolutely stunning, exquisite beauty of Kailee's flawless facial features.

Kailee's skin is as smooth as the polished marble of a Classical sculpture of Aphrodite. Her peaches-and-cream complexion pulses with life. The soft fullness of her cheeks is particularly bewitching, reminiscent of a Botticelli painting of a goddess in profile. Kailee possesses a gloriously unmodern beauty--truly timeless.

But plus-size-model aficionados might understandably ask, "It's all well and good that 360 used Kailee as one of its models, but did it downplay the fact that she is full-figured?"

Unexpectedly, but delightfully, the answer is, "No."

In fact, two shots in the video unapologetically exhibit the soft loveliness of her figure, including her curvaceous midriff.

Kailee has one of the most attractive physiques of any girl in the industry, naturally full and shapely and rather than distorted by gym-torture, and it is to the great credit of Ford 360 that it unstintingly presents her as the plus-size beauty that she is.

(The caption that accompanies the following image is particularly apt, and not just as a hair-care tip.)

This video is a marvellous presentation of Kailee's look and modelling abilities, and it amply demonstrates that plus-size goddesses surpass their underweight rivals not only as fashion models, but also as models for hair, cosmetics, etc. Ford 360 deserves great credit for featuring Kailee in one of its pieces, and we hope to see more captivating videos such as this in the future.

(Incidentally, this video identifies the model as "Kaylee," making this the third variation of her name that Ford has employed, along with "Kaylie" and "Kailee." The latter is the variant that appears on her online comp card, which is why we will continue to favour it on this site.)

- Click here to watch the video

Last edited by HSG : 21st November 2009 at 21:00.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2006   #2
Emily

Default Re: New Kailee video: Ford 360

With all of this week's news about starving models and their pernicious effect on society, I'm afraid that this video was overlooked in the hubbub. And that's a shame, because it really is an enchanting piece of film.

Kailee is magical on camera. She is so sweet and endearing, that I actually find myself "connecting" better with her, as a subject for hair/makeup/fashion, than with many older plus-size models, who seem more tomboyish. Kailee is pure joy to watch. And the hairstylist really did give her a lovely style, with that "mini-Gibson." It looks so pretty on her, that I was sorely tempted to try the style myself.

I'm now torn as to which hair colour looks best on Kailee, between this auburn hue, and the darker shade that she has worn in her more recent images (though her blonde locks still remain her very best look, in my opinion).

I wonder if Ford realizes what a tremendous talent they have on their hands? I hope so.

Between Kailee O'Sullivan, Charlotte Coyle, and Shannon Marie, I'm starting to believe that Irish girls are genetically predisposed to be timeless beauties.

Can you imagine how glorious a shoot with the three of them on the Irish coast would be? Just daydreaming...
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote