The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th September 2006   #1
MelanieW

Default Kelsey: Holiday at Torrid

Torrid seems to be first out of the gate with its Holiday 2006 offerings, with two social-occasion tops that are not too bad. The images are lovely. I prefer Kelsey with her tresses flowing, but the tied-back style does allow her to show off her soft shoulders, especially in these tube styles:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=556506

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=573862

Very pretty. I also really like this new item - a "headwrap". It looks more...I dont know, European (?) than just a headband? Its a nice style. I think Barbara Brickner has worn these in her Happy-Size.de campaigns, and they look great on her, as they do on Kelsey:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...211&ITEM=598572

It also makes for a really beautiful headshot of Kelsey.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006   #2
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: Kelsey: Holiday at Torrid

The new Kelsey images are just lovely, and they present the model with some truly unique looks. Torrid's team also made fascinating choices with hair, makeup, and accessories.

The floral-print top and the kimono dress, being more feminine pieces, well warrant the romantic hairstyle that Kelsey wears in these images, with the model's tresses flowing in soft curls around her shoulders. Note the gold accents under the eyes, which compliment Miss Olson's baby blues so well. The eyebrows are beautifully shaped, but natural-looking. The polished, reflective accessories are inspired choices for a top with a "glitter" print. Kelsey's expression is bright and earnest. The result is an absolutely gorgeous image, exhibiting a touch of elegance, and considerable allure:

Click to view source

Take note of the phenomenal earrings that Kelsey wears in the following image. They absolutely make the outfit, by softening the effect of the dress (as does Kelsey's romantic, flowing hairstyle). We have cropped the image close, to see the details, but if you click on the picture to view the source page, you will notice the all-important design choice that makes Torrid's kimono dress more appealing than similar offerings from other retailers: its abbreviated length, ending at the knees. This is a fine example of how Torrid tailors styles to allow full-figured goddesses to capitalize on their aesthetic advantages (in this case, their shapely legs).

Click to view source

We are not generally fond of those curiosities known as "hoodies," but we simply had to share this enchanting close-up of Kelsey. If the "hood" were white or soft blue, rather than grey, this photograph would uncannily resemble any number of Renaissance paintings of the Mother of God, in which youthful, blonde Madonnas are typically shown beaming with celestial light, radiating the joy of pure holiness.

Click to view source

And finally, if we come in close on one of the new tube-top images, we see again why Kelsey is not only one of the shapeliest models in the industry, with a to-die-for figure, but is also a makeup artist's dream. The soft fullness of her facial features means that every look works on her, and Torrid's shoulder-baring tube tops accentuate this fact. Note the "smoky eyes" that Ericka Ramirez has given Kelsey, and notice how the model capitalizes on this look by adopting a fittingly smouldering expression.

Click to view source

Kudos, as always, to Kelsey, Michael Anthony, Ms. Ramirez, and the Torrid team for their consistently outstanding work.

Last edited by HSG : 29th September 2006 at 06:55.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2006   #3
M. Lopez

I enjoy all of these looks on Kelsey. There's no question that whenever I visit the Torrid site, her images (like Christina's) always make me take a second look an whatever she's modelling.

There's a really eye-catching new image of Kelsey at Torrid, showing off a ruby-red camisole. She looks really lovely here, flushed with health and vitality. If you zoom in, you can see her pretty gold-leaf earrings. Those, along with her gold eye makeup, go very well with the dramatic red of her top.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...207&ITEM=598284

I also want to point out another nice headband photo. I'm a big believer in headbands as a simple yet attractive way to tie back the hair (preferable to a ponytail).

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...211&ITEM=582446

Plus, these images always make for beautiful headshots of Kelsey, who has such beautiful facial features...
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006   #4
HSG
Administrator

Torrid's current season continues to offer many lovely new images of Miss Olson. Here is a remarkable shot of Kelsey in an alluring white-and-silver lace top. (White is always a gorgeous colour on voluptuous vixens, and particularly on this Torrid princess.) The top fits her beautifully, accentuating her curvy waist. And note the brilliant touch of the pink earrings, which compliment Kelsey's fair complexion so well. Note also the silver bangles, matching the top's silver trim. Kelsey's barely-there smile creates just the right touch of gentle sensuality to suit this innocent-yet-sexy piece.

Click to view image source

A sister style to the above item is this black-and-gold lace top. Black is generally a regrettable colour choice for shapely goddesses, as it deprives them of their curves. But note how the absence of colour directs the viewer's attention to the fresh beauty of Kelsey's fair complexion. And no other cosmetic artistry can match vibrant, kissable, frost-pink lipgloss, of the kind the Kelsey wears here, in its ability to enslave any man's soul on sight.

The kimono-dress trend is a mixed blessing for full-figured goddesses. Although these styles are intrinsically attractive, their fabric is generally too stiff to embrace generous curves as snugly as plus-size dresses should. Nevertheless, Torrid continues to succeed better with these items than any other retailer, because of the appealingly abbreviated length of its dresses, which show off the wearer's shapely legs.

If Torrid has a specialty in tops, it is with sleeveless, strapless styles, which are tailor-made for curvy customers. These items frame the beauty of full arms and soft shoulders, and embrace shapely figures especially well. Here is just one of Torrid's newest examples:

(You may click each of the above pictures to view the product pages from which the images were clipped.)

Old 29th October 2006   #5
Kaitlynn

Of the new landing-page images featuring Kelsey, I really like this one:

I'm not crazy about the pattern, but I love Kelsey's pouty, kittenish expression. Michael Anthony is great at capturing her in a sensual mode. I also like the way her blonde tresses cascade over her shoulders. Kelsey's every Torrid shoot shows her to be an increasingly brilliant model, and I enjoy seeing her experimenting with new poses.

The new Torrid items that I DO like include this dress. I love the ruched fabric, and I really appreciate its knee-high length. Kelsey looks amazing in it:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...206&ITEM=530236

I also find this sleepwear item appealing. It's the perfect mix of comfort and innocent sensuality- just the thing for dorm life. The baby-doll style is flattering at the bust, and comfortable on a curvy waist, and the frills on the straps are a nice touch. Not crazy about the print (I'd rather it be little kittens, not skulls!) but it's so small, that I don't think people will see it.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...207&ITEM=595299
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006   #6
HSG
Administrator

Miss Olson's fans will be thrilled to see this absolutely breathtaking image of Kelsey, which accompanied a new mailer released earlier today.

This is undoubtedly one of the model's finest Torrid images, ever. It shows off the fair beauty of her complexion, and the soft curves of her goddesslike figure. This is also one of the most gorgeous hairstyles that she has ever worn. Ericka Ramirez's hairdressing accentuates the gorgeous roundness of Miss Olson's facial features; the thick, heavy, half-uncurled waves are opulent and voluptuous. Kelsey's expression is alluring, but also playful, in keeping with the casualnes of the outfit, but the touch of sensuality gives it a little more zing than it would othewise possess. The pastel colours suit Kelsey's fair beauty particularly well. Her pose is relaxed and comfortable.

Note also Michael Anthony's effective lighting, which illuminates Kelsey from the side, the way a sculpture might be lit, creating dramatic shadows that emphasize the contours of her face and figure.

- Click here to view the new Torrid mailer

Old 8th November 2006   #7
renata

I adore that last image of Kelsey.

Here she is in the Web catalog image in the same outfit. It's a beautiful image too.

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=576585

Zoom in on Kelsey's facial features. She has never looked more gorgeous!

I also really, really like this item, especially around the bust:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...S=0&ITEM=516158

The transparent straps are so pretty.

And here's a dress in which Kelsey looks like Hilary Duff, back in her more beautiful, curvier days gone by:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...S=0&ITEM=531891
renata is offline   Reply With Quote