The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th November 2006   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Christina meets Kelsey (at Torrid)!!

It has never happened before, and it may never happen again.

Legendary beauty Christina Schmidt was in L.A. today, and dropped by the Torrid studios. According to Michael Anthony, Torrid's genius photographer, "Kelsey heard Christina was coming in today, so she asked if she could stop by and meet her."

The fact that these two goddesses met face to face is an event of tremendous significance--like Beethoven meeting Mozart, or Byron meeting Shelley.

But it gets even better, because, as Michael Anthony tells it, "I managed to get them to pose together, just for you."

Ladies and gentlemen, here you have it--the two most beautiful and popular models of their generation, together for the first time:

To say that this is a "dream come true" is an understatement.

Michael Anthony goes on to say, "The girls thought it would be cute to make you blush."

Mission accomplished!

Naturally, yours truly couldn't help but start peppering Michael Anthony with questions such as, "Does this mean that more Christina Schmidt images are on the way?" The response is a teasing, "Yes, new shots of Christina . . . might show up (grin)."

Oh, the anticipation!

- Torrid.com, where dreams become reality . . .

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006   #2
renata

Default Re: Christina meets Kelsey (at Torrid)!!

OHMYGOD! THAT IS SO AMAZING!!!!

Christina and Kelsey are definitely my favorite models. I can't believe they got to shoot together! That really IS like a dream come true!! And they look sooooo pretty beside each other - the blonde and the brunette.

I'm especially happy that Christina is shooting for Torrid again. I've been waiting for that to happen for months and months! Everything looks so good on her.

Torrid is like a dream factory - with beautiful clothes on beautiful curvy models. I mean, what could be better than that? No matter how down on myself I sometimes feel, Torrid always gives me a big burst of joy.

Way to go, Torrid! And bravo to Christina and Kelsey.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006   #3
Kaitlynn

There's something really thrilling about seeing these two young superstars modeling together. The work that they've both done, especially for Torrid, has beeing causing such a sensation over the last couple of years, that it was inevitable that they finally show up on camera together. It had to happen. It was Fate! I wonder what the meeting was like? Torrid should have filmed the event!

I remember many years ago, back when Mode was still in print, Kate Dillon and Natalie Laughlin had a get-together/interview that was actually published at OnlyReal.com (a plus-size shopping site at the time). The meeting between Christina and Kelsey is like the equivalent of that event, for the plus-size supermodels of this generation.

I always feel a tinge of excitement at the prospect of a new Christina Schmidt campaign. Her work is always unique and daring, size-positive and gorgeous. I can't wait to see what images turn up. I hope Torrid gave her some stunning items to model.

You've really got to hand it to Torrid. They produced the Charlotte Coyle images that have been taking the world by storm for the last two years, they've shot Christina, Kelsey (and often in attractive, feminine clothing). Torrid IS the curvy girl's best friend.

BTW, that picture with the sign is very cute!
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006   #4
M. Lopez

I remember that Kate/Natalie interview! It was a transcript of a conversation that the models had over lunch, and all throughout, the two kept saucily referring to the sinfully decadent things that they were eating (dessert included). It was a lot of fun.

But actually, having Christina and Kelsey do a few photos togther is even better. As the two brightest stars of their generation, I'll bet they will shoot together again, someday. The industry likes its blonde/brunette pairings (e.g., I remember Barbara once did a MODE editorial with Shannon Marie).

There's a thrilling new image of Kelsey modelling a sizzling red halter top for Torrid. It's especially beautiful in the design around the bust, and it fits snugly and alluringly where it should, while comfortable around a generous waist:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=531924

The description is brilliant: "Ignite fires you absolutely will not want to put out." So true! I hope Torrid gave Christina something equally stunning to model (particularly dresses, as Christina is the best dress model of all).

I think the pic with the sign is very sweet.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006   #5
MelanieW

How incredible that these two starlets finally got to shoot together. I like the little smirk that Christina has in the second picture. I only wish the duo had been given the opportunity to do an even more elaborate "theme" shoot, like a prom special, or evening wear, or maybe dancing in a club, with all the guys drooling over these two curvaceous cuties.

Ruching at the bust is always a great design for curvy figures. Torrid also has a black version of that sizzling red satin halter top:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=531986

The red version is more sinful and arresting, but I do like the way the black emphasizes the delicate beauty of Kelseys fair skin, and frames her soft shoulders. This style is designed to make a vixen truly irresistible.

I hope Christina was given something just as wicked, to show off her curves.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006   #6
marcy

I'll be saving this photo as my desktop background!
marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006   #7
Chad

Kelsey and Christina appeared on new landing pages at Torrid today. Kelsey appears on the Work Wear page:

http://www.torrid.com/default.asp?LS=6&HPB=4

while Christina headlines the Casual page:

http://www.torrid.com/default.asp?LS=4&HPB=2
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006   #8
Emily

I browsed through the Torrid site, and noticed that all of the landing pages have been updated. Several new Kelsey images appear, as well as a new photo of Christina (one of the outtakes that Michael shared last week, which means that everybody who reads this forum got a "special preview" -- I love that!).

The images appear here:

http://www.torrid.com/community/contests.asp

and

http://www.torrid.com/community/features.asp

I think that in California, Torrid has now replaced Disneyland as "the most magical place on Earth," for all of the beauty that they deliver to the world!
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2006   #9
M. Lopez

I noticed that the jacket that Miss Olson is wearing in her Work Wear photo is very similar to one that Christina modelled, in a classic image for Torrid a year ago:

I really like Kelsey's pose. It's a gentler, more thoughtful expression from her than I think she's tried before, and it's very becoming. The jacket is also a flattering design on curvy figures, cinched snugly beneath the bust, which allows it to be a bit sexy, while still qualifying as career wear.

The two looks show how this style can be made either a little more professional-looking, on the left, or a little funkier, on the right. Both models show off these styles beautifully, on their shapely figures.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote